The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grossdeutchland

+2
scurrdi
rokassan
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Grossdeutchland Empty Grossdeutchland

Post by rokassan Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:10 pm

I basing my Late War Panzergrenadiers on Grossdeutchland. What camo patters can I us for their uniforms? Ive heard only the FJ splinter camo. If so this would only be their field jackets/smocks. The rest of the uniform would be field gray? I know the Regular Army didnt use the SS camo patterns. Is the splinter pattern my only choice?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grossdeutchland Empty Re: Grossdeutchland

Post by scurrdi Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:17 am

I don't know to be honest, but my suggestion would be to check the FOW website. They are pretty good about posting lots of info on painting and such.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:21 am

Get on line, that's what I did to check out the winter whitewash for Russian tanks... you should be able to find something about it somewhere.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:49 am

Well,I googled German Heer camouflage and it seems that they were only issued the splinter camo.If you want to though,you could paint up some of your guys in some captured Soviet or American camo.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:30 pm

Eric knows how to do the splinter camo. His FJ have it. Eric help me out here bud.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:33 pm

Here's a response I got.

Not true it would have been the heer splinter camo believe it or not there is a difference, however at the 15mm scale it would be hard to tell. As to splinter camo being the only pattern available that isn't true as well. There was another pattern that's called 'sumpfmuster' which translates from german as 'marsh pattern'.
The 'marsh' 43 pattern has the same basic design as the splinter pattern but for two difference, one the main colors are reversed with the green being the larger 'blocks' and the brown being the smaller 'blocks', two these 'blocks' are surrounded by dots and what this was supposed to acheive was softening of the hard edges. At a distance this worked well but up close you can still make out the sharp edges. HTH.
Respects, Tankalot
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Yah, I can help you with the splinter camo and it I think we can follow those intructions to do the marsh pattern. All you have to do is switch the colors but its the same pattern for painting purposes.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:11 pm

Do it!!!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:40 pm

I will. So far I have the following assembled and primed black...3 Panther G's,4 Panzer IV's,2 Jagdpanzer IV's,2 StuG IV's,2 Jagdpanther's,Ernst Barkmann(Panther A),3 Hummel's(150mm artillery),3 Wespe(105mm),8 Halftracks and Im gonna assemble and prime 4 MarderIII H's and Major Von Luck(Panzer IV). I also have my famous Painted Tiger. Im gonna prime my infantry as well. At a minimum that should be enough to play a big late war battle although Im more of an infantry guy myself I can field a Panzer Company.

Last edited by rokassan on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:18 pm

They have a special character for Von Luck??? I love that guy. He wrote a book called Panzer Commander and served under Rommell. The book was awesome.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:29 pm

Hurricane wrote:They have a special character for Von Luck??? I love that guy. He wrote a book called Panzer Commander and served under Rommel. The book was awesome.

Yup. For Late war. I think meatgrinder or Bocage. He can recon and something else.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:39 am

Late war field gray....I favour 70830 German Field Grey dry-brushed with 70886 Green Grey
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:50 am

Just assembled 5 more Panzer IV's,3 Puma's, 1 Elephant and Wittman.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:37 pm

Bah! people and their elephants!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:40 pm

scurrdi wrote:Bah! people and their elephants!

Elephants can lick my nuts, i got an answer for them, good ole cheap FlameThrowers !!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Also have a King Tiger and 3 Brumbars. Ive got infantry for your flamethrower teams.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:00 pm

I hope you get some AA in there, otherwise it'll be hurtin'!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:14 pm

3 Mobelwagons and 3 Flakpanzer 38's.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:18 pm

Well, prepare to meet my 12 rocket mortar battery with its 12 inch square template that rerroll misses Smile

or my 12 God of War plus 8 122 howitsers Smile

Gotta love the new Book.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:49 pm

You and your special Russian abilities. You know what I hate most too? Rocket batteries don't get negatives for 2nd or 3rd ranged in attempts. I hate Nerberwelfers for that reason.

And I'm sure I'll learn to hate that rocket battery too. Americans need some better artillery special rules. I mean come on, thats what the Americans did!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Germans have the same rules Luis. With the Armored Nebelwerfers.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:48 pm

You know guys, we could have an " Apocalypse " style battle at Joels representing some sort of actual historical battle, like Kursk, in lieu of an actual tournament.

We can collect 5 bucks from each person and the winners get to split the prize money amongst them.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:43 pm

A LW Eastern Front Megabattle! Too bad we only have like two or three soviet peasant players.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:21 am

Yeah, this is the only problem with playing a big themed game like that. I think you'll have better luck doing like a Normandy invasion game or something like.

The folks in Louisville had a D-Day themed tournament, your forces had to be present in some way shape or form around the D-Day time slot. First round games were either the airborne ones or the "Hit the Beach" mission from the D-Day book.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:36 am

Well, i DO have arround 6000 points of Russians, so between me and Stefan we can put a LOT of Russians on the table
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next