The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any one play Dust?

4 posters

Go down

Any one play Dust? Empty Any one play Dust?

Post by KingdomCome Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Anyone play Dust? It looks like a neat version of risk. Any reviews on it?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Any one play Dust? Empty Re: Any one play Dust?

Post by TheLimey Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Looked at it, but not tried it.
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Gun Kata Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Almost bought it a year ago but the goofy looking pieces turn me off. Have heard mixed reviews from good to meh !! That copy has been in Joel's for over a year, there is literally a layer of dust on top of the game. Joel might sell you the copy for 30% off if you ask.
Gun Kata
Gun Kata
Slave

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:01 am

LOL. I'd pay full price just to know it's a fun game.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 am

It's shit. I was really disapointed being someone who loves the Artist work and got a kick out of the comic book. It is very similar to risk, with some pretty artwork. The crappy thing is, that the game has no flavor. They could have slapped on any universes imagery on the game and it would have made no difference since the game is highly generic risk clone. Players also do not even play any of the factions from the Dust universe, you are just colors and start randomly placed on the world. The only dust related thing is images on the cards, which again are same for everyone.

If you like Risk this might interest you, it's not very complicated at all or offers much of a difference in type of game, but if you saw the box and thought the universe looked cool, then skip it, since the game has no feel for anything.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:56 pm

BINGO! That's what I needed. The art and fluff caught my eye, but that'll only get you so far. Same thing happened with Tanhauser. I bought it for the looks and it was fairly one dimensional gameplay. The fluff was awesome though. I'm just waiting for Fantasy Flight to re-release the rules. It should be great then.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:30 am

Tanhauser is so so, adding in lot of the extra tokens and scenarios they have put out for the game help expand on it, also getting the extra characters.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gun Kata Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Go to Fantasy Flight Games.com, press catalog then boardgames, press Dust, then go to support. From here you can download the rules and read them. If you like the rules then go for it !! If not you save yourself some money.
Gun Kata
Gun Kata
Slave

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down