The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recon @ Cocoa Beach

4 posters

Go down

Recon @ Cocoa Beach Empty Recon @ Cocoa Beach

Post by Hurricane Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:05 am

I was under the impression that this would be an early war tournament. I was incorrect, it is a mid war tournament.

lames of War Tournament at RECON 2011 in Cocoa Beach, FL

RECON Flames of War Tournament
Cocoa Beach, FL April 30th 2011
Courtesy of Orlando FoW, Coliseum of Comics and Dogs of War

• $5 in addition to convention entry.
• 24 player, 1750 point Mid-War qualifier
• Missions will be Fighting Withdrawal, No Retreat, and Night Assault (Modified). Night Assault will use a variable arrival of dawn rather than the current set turn.
• 1750 points, 2 lists.
• Lists will consist of:
• Core common to both lists of at least 1250 points containing, at a minimum, the HQ and all required combat platoons, plus weapons and support platoons as desired.
• List A plug in (500 points or enough to bring core to 1750): Can include HQ upgrades, increases in size to platoons in the core, upgrades to platoons in the core, Air Support, or additional combat, weapons or support platoons.
• List B plug in (500 points or enough to bring core to 1750): Same as list A.
• Lists are revealed after mission, table and Attacker/Defender are determined.
• Army lists including unit history must be submitted to edleland@earthlink.net no later than April 24th, 2011. I will not check army lists the morning of the tournament! Army lists must include the following information:
• Player's full name, email address, mailing address and phone number or FoW Player ID #
• Army list being used (For example: US Rifle Company)
• Book or website reference (For example: North Africa)
• A standardized format will be provided for Army lists
• Only the following army lists are allowed to take multiple companies:
• US Rangers (Afrika)
• Commando Troop (Afrika)
• 3 Rounds over 1 day, 2.5 hours per round. Fighting Withdrawal will be played to completion, even if it spills into Lunch.
• Players submitting their army list on time will receive a nation specific benefit for the first round.
• More Lessons From The Front Again are in effect. Located on the Forums under Rules Questions. Lessons from the Front... Phil’s experimental rule for remote controlled demolition carriers is in effect.
• Please refer to the following list of books, PDFs and website articles for legal armies.
Ostfront
Afrika
North Africa
East Front
Any army list available on the Flames of War website listed under Official 1942-43.
• All armies must be fully painted. Any miniatures not fully painted will be pulled from the table prior to starting the tournament.
• Rounds will be determined by game play results and each player will be seeded with an opponent of his caliber.
• We will also attempt to match up Axis vs. Allies whenever possible but do not expect every game to work out historically.
• Battlefront software will not be used. Overall prizes will be based on VP with a bonus of +2 per win. Soft scores will be used as a tie breaker for ties in VP (Sportsmanship, then combined Painting/History). Separate prizes will be given for Painting, Unit History and Sportsmanship.
• Help with terrain is appreciated. There will be a Best Table prize.
• Players will be able to bid for their first round opponent.

Schedule (April 30th 2011)
0800 Check in
0830 Terrain Walk Through / Table Assignments
0900 – UTC Game 1
1130 – 1230 Lunch
1230 – 1500 Game 2
1515 – 1745 Game 3
1800 – 1830 Awards
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Recon @ Cocoa Beach Empty Re: Recon @ Cocoa Beach

Post by rokassan Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:14 am

Ok ,so I should finish my Afrika Shutzen platoon in case I want to use them as support for my Wops.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:07 am

Its a very interesting tournament as you basically have 2 lists. Both lists have the same 1250 core points and then you can vary the remaining points in the two lists. That gives a lot of flexibility to your army!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:06 am

Yeah, Ed ran this same feel with the LW tournament at Hurricon. It's actually pretty nice, especially for infantry as it allows you to go either heavy AT or heavy artillery, based on whom you are facing.

I'll be going for sure, and hoping to bring soviets this time!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Bad news people, the Recon tournament is full at 24 people with an alternate list of 9 deep. I would suggest you sign up now on the FoW forum in case there are more openings.

Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:37 pm

So, after all that, is anyone actually heading up? I'm not in the FOW tournament, but I'll be there Friday evening through the end on Sunday.
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:47 pm

I dropped out of the FoW tournament for family reasons but we will be up there by noon on Friday and will be there until Sunday morning. I will see you then!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:41 am

See you there!
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:29 pm

I'll be there all day on Saturday for the FOW tournament. Bringing American Armored Rifles, should be quite interesting!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Oh, don't forget about the shuttle launch. Traffic is going to be a bitch! I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 5 am.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:13 pm

We're not leaving until 2pm or so, so it'll be closer to 5pm when we get up there. The shuttle launch is scheduled for 3:47pm, so, people will already be leaving by that point.

TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down