The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone interested in musket era games such as AWI ?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone interested in musket era games such as AWI ? Empty Anyone interested in musket era games such as AWI ?

Post by Frantic Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:25 pm

As per the topic, this is a historical period I've always been interested. Especially in the Americas. I found this review of a point based skirmish system for the French and Indian war that also works for AWI called "This very ground". Heres a link to a good review:

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.com/2010/10/this-very-ground-special.html

Would anyone be interested in that sort of thing?
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in musket era games such as AWI ? Empty Re: Anyone interested in musket era games such as AWI ?

Post by Vycem Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Hella yeah!

But you probably want someone who is, err, more reliable than me. I'll get the figs and once in a blue moon play you!

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in musket era games such as AWI ? Empty Re: Anyone interested in musket era games such as AWI ?

Post by Vycem Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Also, I have some 40mm continentals, but you probably want to do 28mm...

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:06 am

I play all the Kings Men. It's 54mm AWI !
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:08 am

54 or even 40 is a bitnlarge for me. But I'm only looking for an occasional opponent anyway. I play to many games to play any one very regularly anyhow Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 am

What rules system and models are you going to use?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:34 pm

The rules are called this very ground. I posted alink to a review in my first post. For minis, I will probably use old glory since they are pretty decent and very cheap at $1 per mini.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down