The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOW Tournament in November

+3
jerryb
Hurricane
scurrdi
7 posters

Go down

Which weekend do you prefer?

FOW Tournament in November Vote_lcap38%FOW Tournament in November Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
FOW Tournament in November Vote_lcap38%FOW Tournament in November Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
FOW Tournament in November Vote_lcap24%FOW Tournament in November Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

FOW Tournament in November Empty FOW Tournament in November

Post by scurrdi Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:44 am

I know Jerry has made a thread about this already, but I wanted peoples to take a look at it now so it can help influence my plans (which I need to solidify this week).

There is a strong possibility of me flying into Miami the weekend before Thanksgiving for 4 days or so before I would go to St. Petersburg to spend Turkey Day with my family. I know the tradition is to have the FOW tournament on the last Sunday of the month. However, seeing the issues with Turkey Day AND the fact that I would be in town...

Who wants to play the FOW tournament on Sunday Nov. 23rd? It's the week prior and I feel like it might be easier on the family thing. I don't know Joel's schedule but as my FOW army conveniently fits into a suitcase with room for 3 or 4 days of clothes flying down with them wouldn't be a problem!

What do you guys say?? Any of you folks think you'd be able to get off work or anything like that?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

FOW Tournament in November Empty Re: FOW Tournament in November

Post by Hurricane Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:05 am

I was actually planning on making that tournament. I already have the day off on the last sunday of the month. Just my 2 cents.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:23 pm

Ahh, well now then that just throws things into a pickle! Oh well, I figured I'd give it a shot hoping that you hadn't already requested your day off for then.

Anyone else?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:40 pm

Yes, it has already been decided

November 23, a special event "Tanksgiving". It will involve armies that are primarily tank companies.

I Will provide more details in the near future.

... I'm tired.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:01 pm

I'm not trying to be difficult or anything, but the poll shows 3 to 1 for the above dates. How are you going to run a tournament with 2 people? I spoke with Joel today and he told me that he would allow me to run the tournament on 30th if and only if we were to have more people on that date. I am only offering to run it because it appears that Jerry is unable to on that date. So speak up people, let us know which day you prefer and if you will commit to that day. Bill, Ammon, Stephan, Henry, Will, Rick, JC, Luis? Vote and post a comment, please.

Eric
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Unfortunally i gotta go with the 23rd, i got 2 families and in thanksgiving i spend one day with one, then the next day with the other one.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:14 pm

thanksgiving is on thursday not sunday.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:36 pm

well shit, then i may just be able to make it the 29th Smile i can do one family thursday and then the other one saturday.

I would like to change my vote to the 30th of november then, that tank battle thing sounds fun.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:54 pm

Ok, Luis if you vote for the 23, Jerry will be doing his tank battle thing. Not sure how that is going to work since not everyone has an armoured company. If you vote for the 30th, I'm going to run a regular tounament with a few twists.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:03 pm

whatever bud, i'll play a battle with sticks and rocks, i just like to play Smile twists are fun, i like the twist where all russian infantry get to rerroll their armor saves !!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:51 am

Well, the only reason I brought this up was because I'm going to be in town.

Unfortunately they're now even with two folks voting either way. Luis I made it so you can cancel and revote if you'd like.

I personally don't really care (though it would be fun) if we have one then or not. I just want to get some gaming in. Does it have to be a tank battle Jerry? While it sounds like fun, I don't really have enough points to field an armored company yet. I personally would have a plain old MW or LW tournament, but thats just my opinon.

I'm guessing there's no way to change your day off Eric?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:29 am

No, our staffing is messed up because we are short 1 sgt. at our station and it ends up that sundays are the day that we suffer for it, or should I say I suffer. Anyways, we still need to get feedback from the guys that don't post on the forum like, Will, Don and Tom. So, they very well might want to do it on your sunday. I'm all for having it on the day that you are going to get the most people even if it leaves me out. So, lets see what they say and we can make a final decision by the end of the week.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:35 am

Maybe thats why Jerry is tired. Indecisive motherfuckers. Evil or Very Mad Tell Will ,Don and Tom to join the forum so they can at least communicate as far as gaming goes for tournaments and Sunday FoW. Why does that seem so difficult. Im sure they all own computers.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Gentlemen, I do not pull these dates out of my ass and declare them cannon.

I tried to accommodate the common good and majority, I am not an evil politician.

Joel TOLD me 23 November for the special Battle Front FOW "Tanks giving" tournament.

I am NOT giving dates to accommodate ME!

For the record I suggested/stated that November and December would be too difficult and that we should wave these months.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:16 pm

No one's calling you evil Jerry! People are just confused thats all.

Can anyone get in contact with Will, Tom, or Don? And where's Dave and JC at? I haven't seen any comment from them, or from Stephan for that matter!

I'll be in town either way so I'll probably show up on Sunday to play some games, I just know that if we have a tournament I'll be able to play some games, not hope Very Happy

Lets get more feedback! No one's to blame here but lets just figure it out! Luis do you have a preference or do both days work for you?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:16 pm

I just don't get it, you guys were saying its every last sunday of the month period, a couple of months ago. Now Joel is saying oh but not Nov and Dec. I mean WTF, I took off November so I could go on that month. Now you are going to change it. Its no big deal to me but a couple of months ago, it seemed set in stone. I'm withdrawling my offer to run the tourney on the 30th. So, the date for the November Tourney is the 24th like joel decided.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:43 pm

I was under that same impression Eric, thats why I started this thread.

From what I was aware the tournaments were always the last Sunday of month. Since I knew of my plans for coming into town farther in advance I was hoping to see if people would be able to switch dates for this month. I don't want to get everyone angry, I just hoping to get to play in a tournament in Miami while I'm down!

And we know that Joel changes his mind more often Max whacks off to Shakira, so I can't say about that at all.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:07 pm

I am laying the blame entirely at Joel's feet.

I warned him this would happen, but he sworn up down that the MOST of the players wanted to have a tournament OFF the agreed time.

So may be he lied?!

I think we would should punish him by not having any tournaments for the rest of the year. may be just may be this will get through his thick head. This seems to be the only method.

I am definitely out for December.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:27 pm

I should be down for any of those dates.It's gonna be LW right?(please say yes!)
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:19 am

We can play Late-War, it doesn't matter to me though I would like to know in advance so I bring down the right stuff.

We still don't have a firm date yet though. I will call Tom tonight, can anyone get a hold of Don or Will? We need their input!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:42 am

most likely the Thanksgiving weekend will be a no go for me, since I'll probably be out of town.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:02 pm

So does that mean your good to go for the weekend before or are both weekends out of the question?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down