The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlestar Galactica The Board game

4 posters

Go down

Battlestar Galactica The Board game Empty Battlestar Galactica The Board game

Post by dork_jedi Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:12 am

So I picked up Battlestar Galactica the board game with some gift cards I received for the holidays. I'm reading over the rules. it looks like a lot of fun.
I'm planning on bringing it with me to War & Pieces on Monday if anyone wants to try it. I should have the rules down pretty solid by then.

If you would like more info:
Board Game Geek Page
Fantasy Flight Games Page
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica The Board game Empty Re: Battlestar Galactica The Board game

Post by Michaelharmon Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:54 pm

I'd like to give it a shot sometime but war and pieces is a little out of the way for me. Maybe another day.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica The Board game Empty Re: Battlestar Galactica The Board game

Post by dork_jedi Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:59 pm

Maybe we could get together @ Silver Dragon in the next couple weeks?
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Sounds good;)
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 pm

It's a very good game, and it's one of those games where you have players calling each other out and being suspicious of each other all the time.

One tip, make sure all players know that when they get loyalty cards, to simply glance at them and put the card down. Reason being is that one card simply states "your not a cylon" while if you are a cylon, the card has a bunch of text and game play information. So when people get the loyalty cards handed to them, players can tell who is the cylon by seeing whose busy having to read his/her card.

We had this happen so players immediatly were able to spot who was the cylon player.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Yea, i heard this on The D6 Generation when they reviewed BSG. They also suggested everyone keep their cards up for 10secs or so in front of their faces before tucking them away.

anyways, I got a game in on Saturday @ Silver Dragon and had a blast.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:09 pm

dork_jedi wrote:Yea, i heard this on The D6 Generation when they reviewed BSG. They also suggested everyone keep their cards up for 10secs or so in front of their faces before tucking them away.

anyways, I got a game in on Saturday @ Silver Dragon and had a blast.

You can also just show everyone what they look like, in detail, before you start. That way they don't have to even read the card when they receive it (I would imagine). Just glance at the card and know what role you're playing.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:30 pm

The only problem with that is each "you are a cylon" card has a unique special power, some people may want to know that power at the beginning of the game.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down