The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I finished some of my Saurus Warriors

+6
Ovich
Diosamblet
ShadowMaster
Michaelharmon
luis the young
Hurricane
10 posters

Go down

I finished some of my Saurus Warriors Empty I finished some of my Saurus Warriors

Post by Hurricane Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm not very good at photography but the models turned out pretty good, I think.

I finished some of my Saurus Warriors DSCN1886

I finished some of my Saurus Warriors DSCN1885

I finished some of my Saurus Warriors DSCN1884
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

I finished some of my Saurus Warriors Empty Re: I finished some of my Saurus Warriors

Post by luis the young Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Nice work as always bro, those look pretty sweet.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

I finished some of my Saurus Warriors Empty Re: I finished some of my Saurus Warriors

Post by Michaelharmon Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Holy poop those are sexy. I dont' even think I could have made them look that good.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Those are sweeeeeeet! I love 'em.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Love the colors and how clean they are. You even painted the reptilian eyes right? Nice work!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Wow man,

Excellent work. Can't wait to see them in person.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:31 am

Look fantastic Eric, but Id expect nothing less.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:54 am

Those guys are sweet!! I love the banner!!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:23 am

Eric, how'd you paint the shields?
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:18 am

Diosamblet wrote:Eric, how'd you paint the shields?

I'd like to know too, that dinosaur-esque/rhino looking, leathery flesh looks fantastic on the shields.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:31 am

LOL, those were the easiest. I based them with Rust-o-leum Specialty Camouflage spray paint (khaki color). Then I painted the metal parts Bronze from Vallejo (998). The bone parts were painted bleached bone. Then I "dipped" them in Minwax waterbased stain, "american walnut." Then I dry brushed them with bleached bone on the shields and white on the bone parts. And that was it. Talk about easy, and they turned out spectacular.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:35 am

hahaha indeed
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:54 am

you call all that easy ?!? man.. i have a long way to go, lol
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:00 am

Luis you could do the same thing.... Base all your skeletons with this Khaki spray paint. The paint in some details and then dip them. It is super easy and fast.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:02 am

Their hides will make great boots and bags for my Orc Boyz.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:11 am

Hurricane wrote:Luis you could do the same thing.... Base all your skeletons with this Khaki spray paint. The paint in some details and then dip them. It is super easy and fast.

I was planing on using black primer and then dry brushing them bleached bone then do the dipping to see if it gives them an aged look or something.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:54 pm

You could try that, but I'm telling you that the dark walnut stain will give them that look you want. The dipping with the black prime might not show up to much, but that's just my opinion. Never tried it with black prime
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:58 pm

gonna prime a coupel of them white and then dip them see if i get a good result, if it works.. man, is gonna save me LOADS of time.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AJREI Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Looks great Eric. Dipping is the way to go, especially for painting tons of similar looking infantry.

AJREI
Slave

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by AJREI Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:32 pm

luis the young wrote:gonna prime a coupel of them white and then dip them see if i get a good result, if it works.. man, is gonna save me LOADS of time.

I am amazed at how simple dipping is as a technique, but it still produces fantastic results. Priming em white will probably work but priming them with the Khaki will probably give them a better aged bone look.

AJREI
Slave

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Eric's idea is a good'un. Sounds like a great way to finish your skellies, Luis.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:10 pm

I concur with everyone else, but the Lizzies look awesome!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down