The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourney at the Square

+4
galonso
ar2
Ovich
plodolo
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tourney at the Square Empty Tourney at the Square

Post by plodolo Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:12 pm

Hey guys,

Izzy wants to have a tourney in Feb. I told him that we should have enough people. What do we have? 10+? I know we have:

1 ) Myself
2 ) Art
3 ) Laz
4 ) Ed
5 ) Mario
6 ) Frawgg
7 ) Rick
8 ) Stefan
9 ) JC
10 ) Ashe (I dont know if you have 750)

Did I miss anyone? Anyways this is the link: http://www.silverdragonsquare.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2221
Please post if you're interested.

Last edited by plodolo on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 161
Armies : KHADOR and NECRONS!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Tourney at the Square Empty Re: Tourney at the Square

Post by Ovich Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:39 pm

I'm in depending on the date

Just our of curiosity, will there be prize support?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by plodolo Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:57 pm

He said something about $10 buy in and pot prize split between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Check the link!
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:53 am

I'm there. I vote for 750 pt. games.

-Art

Hint: I'll bring TB...

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 196
Armies : Cygnar and Retribution(Warmachine), Trollblood(Hordes)
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:55 pm

I will be running this tournament. It will be a 500 point Steamroller 4 tournament on February 21st. Ill be posting the details soon.
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male
Number of posts : 226
Armies : Warmachine: All, Hordes : All
Registration date : 2008-11-21

http://www.gurudojo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Main Details:

Date: 02/21/09
Time: Registration from 11:30am - 12pm and dice roll at 12:30pm (Don't be late or face the consequences!)
Cost: $10
Prizes: Dependent on turn out - 1st place 65% and 2nd place 35% of all entry fees collected in store credit
Format: 500 Point Steamroller 4
Where: Silver Dragon Square - 259 NW 82 Ave Miami, Florida 33126 (305) 267-0227
Web: www.silverdragonsquare.com

Download the rules and maps here - www.gurudojo.com under Resources.

Players must also bring at least two printed or legibly handwritten copies of all their army lists including point costs and an army/horde point total. They must register one copy of these lists with the TO prior to the start of the tournament. The player's opponent may view the other copies upon request.

The number of players participating in the tournament determines the maximum number of matches played. The chart below breaks down the number of rounds relative to number of players per event. The event will run until there is a clear winner, which usually means when there is only 1 undefeated player at the beginning of a round. Once a clear winner emerges, the event ends without additional matches.

Steamroller uses timed turns to ensure a fair play environment. Players have 10 min to play each turn. When the time for a turn expires, the player whose turn it is finishes the activation of whatever model he is activating, and then ends his turn.

When a player moves a model or makes an attack during the other player’s turn, the player whose turn it is has the option of stopping the clock while the move or attack resolves.

After the time limit for the match has expired, the TO calls “dice down”. When dice down is called the active player finishes any action already in motion (for example a dice roll or moving a unit), and then the game ends. If a game goes to dice down, check the scenario for how to determine the winner.

Once per game, each player may extend his turn length. A player can extend his turn length by declaring he is doing so after the time allotted for his turn runs out. At this time, the active player’s opponent resets the clock for five minutes, and the active player continues his turn. Remember that this extension is only for a player’s turn length and cannot extend a turn past the match length.

We will provide timers. Round length is 85 min + a variable D6 X 2 additional min.
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:50 pm

I have heard some people dont like the $10 entry fee? Who thinks it should be $5?
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:04 pm

i have no problem with $10. A sweeter pot for me to win. bwahaha! Smile

Seriously guys, skip two cups of Starbucks, or don't buy that 12 pack of Bud (yelch), this is 3 weeks away if you skip on those things *ban* you have $10 to put up for the pot.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:47 pm

I'm not planning on attending if the entrance fee is $10, and I don't think the other guys in my playgroup will either.

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:23 pm

I can't believe you guys cry about $10

You spend that on a 2 hour movie or a single drink at the club

You spend WAY more than that on your models

Man up people
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Why don't we just do a 5 dollar entry fee as a compromise between those who want a 10 dollar buy and those who want a free tournament.

The other thing you have to remember Bill is that Izz doesn't carry Warmachine, so for some people, 90 bucks in store credit may not mean much for them if they can't get their favorite product.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:27 pm

True, but $10 is still pretty little to help make sure the place stays open so we have a spot to gather and roll some dice.

That goes for Joel's as well - I don't mind paying the $10 if it means we get the game tables to our group for 8+ hours once a month.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:35 pm

If a store wants to stay in business, it should make an effort to carry product from the game it's hosting tournaments for.

You can't expect gamers to support a store with hard earned money when the store is understocked and offers no discount compared to it's competitors.

That's just my opinion. No disrespect to any who may feel differently.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:04 pm

1.) Art, don't be a douche. You like the game, you want more people to play the game, more people need to see the game being played and some people don't go to Sunshine, The Square is the next logical place to display it.
2.) Stephan, all things being equal, Joel doesn't carry WM/H either. I agree on the discount portion however.
3.) I agree a $5 buy in would be a compromise, I also feel that a different distribution of the pot would be better as well, third place should be able to win something as well.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:59 am

In response Ray, I do have to say that when I won 10 dollars in store credit at the Sunshine WM tournament, I told Joel exactly what I wanted at the end of the tournament. He ordered it and I had it in my hands 4 days later.

In my opinion, if you want your customers to be loyal and supportive, you need to make an effort to see to their needs as well.

Now personally, Israel has always been very generous and kind to me. That's why I've never had a problem paying 10 dollars to go to his tournaments. But I do understand that people may feel differently that I do, and having that flexibility is important if we want to draw the most amount of people.

So Art, do you think that 5 Dollars entry fee would still keep you and your crew from coming?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plodolo Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:04 pm

look $5 or $10 dollars doesn't matter to me. I work so I make money. Art has a limited income so I understand his concern. His group (Laz and Ed) also have limited income, but I don't think they have the same issue as Art.

As for carrying product or not, that's something that should come in the future. If Israel and Joel see us going to their store to play, then they should carry product. If they start MAKING money then logically they would be more inclined to carry product. Logically, I would gladly pay $10 if I can be guaranteed product on the shelves.
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Ovich wrote: So Art, do you think that 5 Dollars entry fee would still keep you and your crew from coming?

I don't have a problem with a $5 entry fee, and I don't think the others do either, though I think prize support should be more broadly distributed.

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Art, I agree on the prize support. Thanks for compromising. Can't wait to see you there. Are you gonna bring Haley?
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 pm

dork_jedi wrote:Art, I agree on the prize support. Thanks for compromising. Can't wait to see you there. Are you gonna bring Haley?

I never had a problem with a $5 entry fee, and didn't expect, nor want, a free tourney. I would like to see the prize support spread more evenly, though I don't see a problem if not everyone gets a cut, maybe top 4 or top half would be reasonable.

I might play Haley or Stryker, not sure yet. I'll bring 2 lists.

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plodolo Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:10 am

Cool, now if only the Square survives til then.

And you can bring 2000 lists Art, it won't help you cause Sorcha is gonna freeze your ass!
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plodolo Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Well, The square has officially recieved an eviction notice. I dont think any tourney will be happening there

Can we do it at sunshine?
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:48 am

Where did you hear that?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by plodolo Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:13 am

I went to the Square yesterday and saw the eviction notice. He has 3 days to pay what he owes his landlord or bust. It's a shame really.

Izzy is on his way back down from Virginia. I wonder if he's gonna try and save the Square. I wonder how much longer Izzy can or will keep it up.
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:58 am

plodolo wrote:Well, The square has officially recieved an eviction notice. I dont think any tourney will be happening there

Can we do it at sunshine?
I spoke with Joel yesterday and he said that if anything happened with the tourney at the Square that he would host it @ Sunshine.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Please take into consideration that when Joel agreed to take on this tournament he made no mention of any entry fee. I believe he assumed it would be like his other Warmachine events with no admission.

There was no mention of any money changing hands when I asked if he would host the tourney.

As such I felt the comments made were not appropriate, nor accurate.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next