The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb. Tournament

+2
scurrdi
Hurricane
6 posters

Go down

Feb. Tournament Empty Feb. Tournament

Post by Hurricane Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:47 pm

I spoke with Joel and Friday and he told me that he thinks it is a good idea to be a bit more flexible with when the tournaments are for Flames of War. So, he asked me to run a tournament on a Saturday in February. I am looking for suggestions for what Saturday. I am going to be running it and I am open to suggestions on point size and era. I still need to look at my work calendar and see what Saturday I can get off but I think it's pretty flexible. So, lets hear it. Who is in and what date does everyone want to have this thing?

Hurricane
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Feb. Tournament Empty Re: Feb. Tournament

Post by Hurricane Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Joel wants me to run the Feb. tournament on the 7th which is the first Saturday of the month. I am still checking on getting that day off to run the event but it looks ok at the moment.

St. Valentine's Day Massacre

1. Each side must nominate an overall commander which will represent a higher command team.
Any Company commander within 6” of the higher command team may re-roll its company
morale check. Other than allowing company commanders to re-roll their company morale
check, the higher command team acts exactly like a company commander team.
2. Add up the total amount of companies for each side and the side who has more companies
becomes the attacker. The difference between the total amount of attacker companies and
defender companies will determine how many Stratagems the defender receives. Consult the
table below to determine which Stratagems are being used.
3. The attacking side chooses which table edge to attack from.
4. Nominate all of your combat attachments and Kampfgruppen. Each player must then nominate
one combat platoon per company and set them aside. These platoons represent the Frontline
Platoons which will have special rules located below.
5. If the defending players receive additional fortifications then all fortifications are placed at this
time. Fortifications may be placed anywhere in the defenders half of their table.
6. Draw a line down the center of the table lengthwise. Both sides, starting with the attacking
side, alternate deploying their Frontline Platoons within 6” of the center line on their own half
of the table. All the Frontline Platoons start in Hasty Defenses.
○ Hasty Defenses count as trenches for all game play rules but if any teams in the hasty
defenses are hit by a bombardment there is a chance that the trenches will be destroyed. The
shooting player makes a separate firepower roll for the hasty defenses and if successful the
portion of trenches underneath the template are destroyed and removed from the game.
6. Both sides, starting with the attacker, alternate placing platoons in their own half of the table.
The platoons may not be placed within 12” of the center line of the table.
7. Both sides, starting with the attackers, now alternate placing their Independent Teams in their
deployment areas.

Difference of
companies
Stratagem Defending players receive
(Effects are cumulative)
1 Defender players receive 45 points of Fortifications for each 6' table being used.
2 Defender players receive 45 points of Fortifications for each 6' table being used.
3 Each Defending player may ambush one platoon
4 Each Defending player may ignore the first destroyed platoon for purposes of
company morale checks.
5 or more Each Attacking player must randomly place one platoon per company in reserve
BEGINNING THE BATTLE
1. This mission uses the Mobile Battle special rule
2. Starting with the attacking players, both sides make Reconnaissance Deployment moves for any
Recce Platoons they have on the table.
3. The attacking players have the first turn.
ENDING THE BATTLE
The battle ends when either:
 When the game master calls time or assigned time limit ends, or
 when one side capitulates.
DECIDING WHO WON
The side who scores the most victory points will win the scenario. Calculate victory points by using
the following chart:
 1 Victory Point for each enemy platoon destroyed during the shooting phase
 2 Victory Points for each enemy platoon destroyed during the assault phase
 2 Victory Points for destroying the higher command team regardless of method.
 3 Victory Points for each friendly combat platoon in which every remaining team in the platoon
is within the enemies deployment zone.
ARMY BUILDING REQUIREMENTS
1. All players must bring a mechanized or infantry company worth no more than 1500 points.
Players may build multiple companies but each company must be 1500 points.
2. Players may only have one tank platoon per company. A tank platoon is defined as such if the
majority of a platoon's teams are rated as tank teams.
3. Each player should be prepared to use the Fortifications rules located in the hardback rulebook.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:42 pm

This looks moderately interesting. I'll actually be at an FOW tournament in Atlanta that day, so no chance of flying in Crying or Very sad

Good luck though guys!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:35 pm

So, who is attending this tournament?? Lets hear it?
Luis, Stephan, Bill, Rick? Come on people!

Please be familiar with the fortification rules!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Hey man, feel free to toss this up on the Calendar

If you need a hand read the little stickie I made on it, if you still need a hand, drop me a PM or email and I'll see what I can do.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Saturdays are off for me bud Sad
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:10 am

Yeah Saturdays are bad for me too. I'm not sure if I can make it. I definitely want to play, but with the wedding, moving, etc...things are fucked up.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:45 pm

OK, I need a final count for this tournament. This is where we are at right now.

1. Matt
2. Will

I am taking the day off to run this event. But I'm not taking the day off if we don't have at least 4 more people.

To answer Matt's question of army lists.
All players must bring a mechanized or infantry company worth no more than 1500 pts. Players may build multiply companies but each one must be 1500 pts. Players may only have one tank platoon per comany.

Each player should be familiar with the fortification rules located in the hardback rule book.

Thanks,
Eric
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:54 pm

We will also keep it at late war since that is what most people have been playing.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:07 am

I'm in. Hope we can get enough people.

Any Prize support BTW?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:36 pm

I have to call Joel today, but there has always been good prize support so I don't see it changing.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:42 am

This event has been cancelled due to lack of participation. Will cannot make it due to an injury to his mother. That leaves us with Stephan and Matt. Sorry Guys.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:04 pm

What about Don and Jerry? Any word from either of them? I mean I know Don likes tanks and all but he's got some infantry I'm sure.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down