The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament.

+2
dork_jedi
WC_Brian
6 posters

Go down

How would you prefer the tournaments to be scored?

Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament. Vote_lcap15%Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament. Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament. Vote_lcap38%Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament. Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament. Vote_lcap46%Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament. Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 13

Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament. Empty Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament.

Post by WC_Brian Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:32 pm

I'd like to see what people want out of a 40K tournament since I will be running one every month. I will contact Joel to see if we can have a regular date, like the 2nd saturday of every month.

Vote for how you would like the scoring to work. Post any specific thoughts you have on scoring but try to keep it short and concise. Also do you prefer $5 or $10 entry fee?

Last edited by dork_jedi on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed multiple choice option)

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament. Empty Re: Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament.

Post by dork_jedi Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:33 pm

posted poll to Portal
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament. Empty Re: Let me know what you want in a 40K tournament.

Post by scurrdi Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:36 am

I went with the 60, 20, 20. To me, I'd like to see enjoyable games, which can sometimes be fixed with a sportsmanship score. When I come back down to Miami in May I won't be able to spend tons of time playing, so when I get days to play I'm going to try to make them tournaments because I enjoy the heightened atmosphere, but I still want to have a good time.

This way however, generalship is still a prominent factor. However, you will still need to have a painted (or mostly painted) army ((which encourages folks to paint)) as well as a friendly attitude for it to be a well rounded tournament for everyone involved.

As for the buy-in, I'd prefer 5, but obviously the pot is bigger at 10. I'll stick with 5 if we can.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:25 am

I went with 60% fights, is a tournament not an art exhibit ! sportsmaship is fine, even though it doesnt really work since nobody ever gives anyone a bad sports score Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:44 pm

I did 75% and 25% as no one really calls a jerk or a cheater out on the tournaments anyway. I could be wrong of course but it mostly comes down to battle but maybe painting should just be it's own event.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:34 pm

While I would be inclined to agree with painting being its own event, and I think each event should have a best painted mini/army award, painting needs to be part of the tournament scoring.

I mean after all, the crazy painting scores at the Dragon got Luis to start painting his stuff Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:43 pm

The prob with painting is the same person will win either the painting competition or get the highest score almost every time. This ain't no GT. The same people go every time.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Well it seems like 60-20-20 is a happy middle ground. I'm not qualified to judge painting so how do you think we should go about that at Sunshine tournaments? I guess if no one is on hand then we will just do 75 battle - 25 sports. Maybe I can get Sergio to show me that sheet they use at the Dragon.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Yeah, or you could have the players rate each other's armies.

In FOW tournaments I've been at we've had a "armies on parade" inbetween rounds (usually during the meal break). Each player had a card with a number on it and you simply rated each number, or voted for your favorite one (depending on what the style of the tournament was).

I guess a scorecard would be useful too.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:41 am

I really like the armies on parade idea but I don't know if that translates well to 40k tournaments. The games often go long and often times people have little time to eat lunch as it is.

Asking people to judge painting is probably not a good idea since it is such a complex thing and could easily lead to players unhappy with their paint score. If it was as easy as using a checklist than we could just have Joel or the TO or anyone else do it.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down