The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model Policy

4 posters

Go down

Model Policy Empty Model Policy

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:22 pm

Maybe someone here can give me a hand with this query:

What's Privateer Press' policy towards models and 'counts-as'.

Example: I want to include some Farrow Bone Grinders and I absolutely hate the models aesthetics in conjunction with the theme of my force. I plan on using another PP model to represent them (specifically, the Soul tokens).

Is this kosher or is there some sort of policy for their organized play/etc. that might prevent me from making this a gameplay legal force?
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Model Policy Empty Re: Model Policy

Post by dork_jedi Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:59 am

Cesar, in terms of PP sanctioned tourneys, the model has to be the one they built to represent the unit.
The Steamroller 4.0 Rules list it on page 1

http://privateerpress.com/docs/warmachine/steamroller40.pdf

Painting, Modeling, Proxies, and Conversions
Privateer Press encourages players to have a fully painted force on the table. Games with painted armies are more
interesting to watch and generally enhance the experience for all. Although not required, players should take this chance
to show off all aspects of the hobby.
Proxies (substitute models) are not allowed under any circumstances, nor can a player enter a tournament with a model
that has not been released to the general public.
All models must be WARMACHINE or HORDES models appropriate to the tournament venue. Conversions
(modifications to Privateer Press models) are acceptable as long as they are clearly based on WARMACHINE or
HORDES models. Conversions must represent the model from which they are most obviously drawn. For example, a
heavily converted Haley model is not a substitute for Sorscha.
Weapon changes are acceptable provided they represent the same type of weapon replaced. For example, trading a sword
for a sword is legal. However, mixing and matching warjack weapons is not allowed.
A TO may make exceptions and approve any reasonable conversion. To avoid confusion and conflict, players must
have an unaltered version of the model available in case a TO asks to remove a questionable model from play. The TO
makes the final call on any particular model.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:23 pm

So Cesar, I guess you could take the bone grinders and then convert them to your liking.

What faction are you playing BTW?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by plodolo Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:07 am

He's gonna play Circle. He bit off my Baldur and his Rock buddies idea. But anyways, Cesar you can use a proxy but the TO has to approve it. So, you should get the originals just in case.
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 161
Armies : KHADOR and NECRONS!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:34 am

Ovich wrote:So Cesar, I guess you could take the bone grinders and then convert them to your liking.

What faction are you playing BTW?

plodolo wrote:He's gonna play Circle. He bit off my Baldur and his Rock buddies idea. But anyways, Cesar you can use a proxy but the TO has to approve it. So, you should get the originals just in case.

I'm going to be playing Circle. I didn't mind the idea of having to convert some of the other living models in the list to look like stone effigies (I plan to do that with Baldur and the Druid models, (MAYBE with the other models in the range if I ever venture beyond my initial purchases) but those Farrow Bone Grinders are pig disgusting (no puns there, I don't like the idea of ratty man-bear-pigs running around with my constructs). I planned on using the soul token markers (which look cool enough to merit being a unit, not just a counter for an ability) and modeling them like forest sprites with bones, dream catchers and the such floating around them to represent the bone magic stuff.

Also: Huge Warpwolf statue/gargoyle, duh.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by plodolo Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:23 am

I know the nodel at least has to look similar. So, you're gonna have to run around with some "Razorback" humanoids. Also, check out battlecollege, if you like the Farrow Bone guys there's a Razorback lesser warlock coming out. You should look into him as well. /shrug
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 161
Armies : KHADOR and NECRONS!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down