The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most disturbing Book ive ever read

+2
rokassan
luis the young
6 posters

Go down

Most disturbing Book ive ever read Empty Most disturbing Book ive ever read

Post by luis the young Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Im doing a Term paper for my History class and i am reading THE most disturbing book i have ever read, and i have read a LOT of history related books and articles.
This one is called "Masters of Death. The SS-Einsatzgruppen and the invention of the Holocaust" BY Richard Rhodes.

You hear stories about the Holocaust and we all know what a horrible and atrocious event it was, but you dont realize the true horror of it untill it is broken down in numbers and how many were killed and the locations and the method of the killings. I am only half way through the book and it is by far the strongest reading i have ever had of any book. I highly recomend it for those wishing to learn more about the Holocaust and how it all began and the planning that went into it.
Just a warning, this book has some very strong material in it.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Most disturbing Book ive ever read Empty Re: Most disturbing Book ive ever read

Post by rokassan Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:05 pm

I've read all types of material on the holocaust. I didt realize you weren't aware of how bad it was.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Difference is you read them for sexual gratification Bill Embarassed
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Difference is that n Cuba the truth is very distorted.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:36 am

Diference is that on this one it actually tells you that between August 8-28 1941 on some town in Lithuania 654 Jews, 1250 'jewereses', 800 children were killed, and so on. Its pretty detailed, ive never read a book about WW2 and the Holocaust that goes into such detail about the numbers, places and people who did the killing. There was one story abou tthis guy in a lithuanian town he was called "the death dealer of kovno" that was standing at a plaza and they would just bring Jewish men to him and how he would kill them with a crowbar. it goes into detail on how lots of Lithuanians, ukranians, hungarians participated on the mass killings and how the German high comand found a 'legal' excuse for the killings so the soldiers would go ahead and take part on the massacres.
Of how Himler even though he's the one that organized evrything and issue the orders couldnt hold his stomach when 100 people were executed for his amusement when he went to visit one of the towns.

And of course i know how terrible the Holocaust was, i just thought to share a good book for those that are interested in learning more.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:10 pm

Hundreds!? ultimately it was in the millions by 1945.
I believe once the factories of death were up to speed they were killing 10,000 people (not just Jews) a day!

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Thanks. I was looking for some light material to read before bedtime. Smile