The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first attempt at selling on Ebay

3 posters

Go down

My first attempt at selling on Ebay Empty My first attempt at selling on Ebay

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:26 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330322180913&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F330322180913%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2773.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D330322180913%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_naf%3D1%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Any suggestions on doing this better next time?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

My first attempt at selling on Ebay Empty Re: My first attempt at selling on Ebay

Post by Kyle Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:14 pm

Would have been good to get in the name of the auction the word "warhammer"

Will get you lot more hits. Your titles should have as many key words as possible to draw most search results.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

My first attempt at selling on Ebay Empty Re: My first attempt at selling on Ebay

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:16 pm

true but i think i covered that in the keyword section that you do in the start up. It had warhammer listed as part of the keywords for the search engines. I might have to do a search with warhammer and see if it pops up. Thanks for the feedback.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Base the model - 10 seconds of glue and flock would have made a big difference.

Better Pic - crop out the grey and get a closer pic of the model.

Free Shipping - You'll get more hits with a minimum bid of $6 and free shipping then how you have it set. People don't like to pay shipping (even low shipping) for one small item. Both guarentee you get the minimum of $6 your asking.

Buy it Now - Don't use this feature. You pay more in ebay frees and it puts a big price tag on your item which drives people off.

I'd also recommend you update your description to include some details about your studio, the model, how bad ass he is in game. Paste the GW unit description. Add details about how you will pack it up nice and tight for his trip. Look at some of the other listing for samples.

Also, disclaimers like right to revoke bits from users with less than 10 feedback. Right to relist if unpaid in 5 days, etc.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Good stuff, thanks. I didnt paint the model and didnt feel like basing it, lol.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Yeah - but it makes it look more "pro painted" and worthy of the $35 price tag next to it.

It's a nice paint job, I'm sure you'll get a hit. I'd be surprised if you get over 10.

Heros and HQ are not in as much demand as units because you only need 1 or 2.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down