The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Random Questions from someone who knows almost nothing (WOTR)

5 posters

Go down

Two Random Questions from someone who knows almost nothing (WOTR) Empty Two Random Questions from someone who knows almost nothing (WOTR)

Post by Vycem Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:24 pm

Hello,

I'm mildly curious about the game, so I have two questions:

1. Is there an army that can field both the Ringwraiths and a Mumak? I love those models.

2. Is there a small, elite army? Basically, what's the smallest army out there? I already have tons of stuff to paint so I'm trying to find a reasonable excuse to look into this game.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Two Random Questions from someone who knows almost nothing (WOTR) Empty Re: Two Random Questions from someone who knows almost nothing (WOTR)

Post by Saj Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:31 pm

1. Yes, you can, but to an extent. 25% of your force can be from another army. For example, i play Dwarves and they have no calvery, so if i ever play a solo game, I will dedicate 25% of my army to Rohan Riders.

2. I would say that the elves are the smallest army, but only because they cost a lot of points, so you'll field less.

Saj
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 92
Armies : Dwarfs. Lots of dwarfs.
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Two Random Questions from someone who knows almost nothing (WOTR) Empty Re: Two Random Questions from someone who knows almost nothing (WOTR)

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Fallen Kingdoms has the Mumak and they can take a ringwraith. I'm not sure if they get any ringwraith options without going ally, but they can definately take them.

All armies can be built lean and mean, I'm just not sure how effective that is. Epic Heros, Command Groups, Monsters, Wizards, and Artillery all cost a good chunk of points.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Shadow, you can take Ring Wraith into your Haradrim army, but I suggest you use Amdul or Suladan instead.

Suggested army;

Epic Hero: Amdul/Suladan (blister).
Common Formanation: Haradrim 3 companies (one box) with one command (blister).
Rare: War Mamuk (one BIG box).

Throw in some fates and muscle up all of your units and now you have an army that is approaching 600 points, certainly a good start.

I would have to do the numbers, but this is shooting from the hip.

Shawdowmaster, you can not just show up with just a Balrog or Saron. Even if you could I believe you would be wipe out, we could experiment.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:48 pm

A Mamuk in a 600 pt army??? Jerry are you nuts????

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri May 01, 2009 7:06 am

Who said only bring a Balrog?

What I said is that with more command options you need less troops.
1 box (3 companies) of goblins is 45 points, BUT if you add the Captain, Banner, and Drummer to the formation they become 145. If you add an additional Shaman they are now 245.

Same model count, same cost - but a huge point spread.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Shadow, I was half jesting about the Balrog, although someone had suggested to bring it out as the only part of army not aware that is not permitted. I believe we both agree, you can get strong force of 600 points without having to purchase a lot of models. Three to four boxes, a command blister and a hero blister. Excluding tax, less the $100.00 and even then it may not be as much. I have to research this.

Scurrdi, why not Mamuk? It is permitted if you have at least one or more companies of a common formation and it is 250 points. My army list would work.

JerryB

Last edited by jerryb on Fri May 01, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saj Fri May 01, 2009 1:07 pm

Isnt there a rule that one unit cannot cost more then 25% or 50% of the total points?

Saj
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 92
Armies : Dwarfs. Lots of dwarfs.
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Fri May 01, 2009 1:09 pm

The 25% rule applies only to cost of allies, not the cost of your own unit.
A Mamuk is a rare, one company, so you would need at least another company or more to satisfy the formation requirement.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri May 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Jerry is correct - the Mamuk is legal in a Fallen Kingdom list at 600 points.

Sorry - missed the jest in the online text Jerry. I should have known.....
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri May 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Oh, I know the list is completely legal, just seems a bit over the top. That thing is pretty nasty.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down