The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts about the game

+2
BigEddy
Hurricane
6 posters

Go down

Random Thoughts about the game Empty Random Thoughts about the game

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:40 am

Terror- It makes absolutely no sense to me that a terror causing creature needs to test for terror to charge or be charged by another terror causing creature. I know we need to leave WHFB out of this game but in this instance it's a bit absurd that this isn't in the RAW.

Supporting Attacks- I think we have been playing this wrong too. We have been playing that you get a supporting attack if the company is in base contact with a company that is fighting directly. No where in the rules does it say that (that I can find) and the examples don't cover it. The rule simply says Companies that are not in base contact with the enemy (but whose formation is engaged) do not receive combat modifiers or contribute dice based on their attack value. Instead they provide supporting attacks. Supporting attacks contribute far fewer dice but do allow companies not in base contact to make an attack - these companies are referred to as supporting companies.

Stranded units- Yesterday Bill and I came across situation and played it wrong. I just want to point out the rule b/c it doesnt happen to often. IE Bill's Troll charged a 2 company infantry unit. He went base to base with the depleted formation. In his attacks he killed the remaining members of the depleted formation which left the other infantry company out of base to base. This is called a stranded formation. The rules says to just slide the other company down into base to base and finish the combat. Pg 49

Just throwing some things out there

Hurricane
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts about the game Empty Re: Random Thoughts about the game

Post by BigEddy Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:22 pm

I agree with your point on supporting attacks. Though that makes me very scared of mob rule.
BigEddy
BigEddy
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 59
Armies : LoTR (WoTR)
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:59 pm

I agree completely about all three. Of course, the terror issue is one that can't be resolved till they fix it.

As for the support companies, I stand thoroughly corrected (surprise surprise? lol). For some reason I thought the diagram showed that only the companies directly in base contact give support, and a company that is outside doesn't give the support dice.

Of course, GW gives the obvious example, rather then the one that matters. Figures.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:42 am

Oh and don't get me started on throw weapons! I can't understand why you can't move your full distance and use throw weapons. Inconceivable!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:31 am

I agree on all three points here... but for terror not in every instance. For example, elve cause terror. So does a troll. I'm pretty sure the elves are going to be a bit terrified going up against that troll. At the same time.... the troll is probably not to affraid of them but a troll might be affraid of a dragon. See what I'm saying ? They probably should have put a bit more of the specifics on what causes terror to what.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:45 am

Wait, like fear and terror in Fantasy??

Brillant!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 am

I have always play support the way it should be, I did not realize anyone was playing it different.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:04 am

I've never played fantasy Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by JosephD Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:55 am

I think trolls are too stupid to fear anything smaller than them, but that is just what I think. Why would a game make common sense common?
JosephD
JosephD
Neophyte

Male
Number of posts : 25
Armies : Mordor
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down