The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th!

+12
razorramon31
Hurricane
bayardnbk
Ovich
Dakai
Autarch (CM)
ptlax23
The Eldar Guy
ShadowMaster
Dr. Love
luis the young
scurrdi
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th! Empty Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th!

Post by scurrdi Mon May 11, 2009 11:00 am

What: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament

When: June 14th, Start time TBA

Where: Joel's

Point Value: 1500

Number of Rounds: 3

Cost: $5

Max Players: 12

Ok, so here's the deal. Nate is running this tournament and asked me to post it for him. Joel told him that his prize support from GW got slashed (or something along those lines) and thus there is now a buy in fee.

I know Nate will be making it objective based missions and painting will be scored. I believe he went with a smaller point size so we can more (if not everyone) to have painted armies and to change things up with no Lords.

As I get more info I will pass it along. Sign on up folks!

Players Attending:

1. Sergio
2. Cosmo
3. Bill
4. Luis
5. Chris
6. ptlax23 (I don't know your real name sorry)
7. Rob
8. Ceasar
9. Fred
10. Dale
11. Stephan
12. Neil

------------------------------------

Arrival Time: 11:00 am
Start Time: 12:00 pm

Each of the three rounds will have a different mission, which will be revealed the day of the tournament. Expect one of them to be a pitched battle. The missions will have objectives and those will probably be the sole determining factor of a win/loss/draw.

Scoring: Scoring will be in three parts; Generalship, Painting, and Sportsmanship.

+Generalship will breakdown as follows.
Win = 15 pts
Draw = 10 pts
Loss = 5 pts
In addition to the Generalship, there will be a total of 5 battle point modifiers which you can gain.

+Painting will be a one time score of 0 - 5 done by the Judge.

+Sportsmanship will be done every round and is based on a 1 - 4 pt scale. Nate asked me to emphasize that 1 and 4 are the extremes and should only be given out in an extreme case (if your gonna put down a one then you should probably let the TO know why, and 4s are reserved for "one of the best games of my life cause playing with this guy was awesome" kinda thing).

+In the event of a tie there will also be an army composition portion, but Nate informed me that it will only be used if a tie is involved.

----------------------------------------------

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Update List)

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th! Empty Re: Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th!

Post by luis the young Mon May 11, 2009 11:24 am

ugh.. 1500 points. u sure is not 2500 points ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th! Empty Re: Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th!

Post by Dr. Love Mon May 11, 2009 11:28 am

I'll attend, but did you make a mistake with the points?
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon May 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Nate told me 1500 points, though I will call him to double check.

As I said in the first post it's to help have more painted armies at the tournament as well as change things up a bit.

I think it'll be fun, curious to see what people do without that Lord choice.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon May 11, 2009 12:17 pm

IN

Is he planning to make smaller tables to because you can't fit 6 full games at Joels?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Sign me up

I never use a lord these days anyway Cool

personally, I'd like to play a higher point total

Last edited by The Eldar Guy on Mon May 11, 2009 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 pm

well, if enough people sign up for it then i guess im in as well, a fantasy game is a fantasy game !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 pm

1500 and no Lord is very restrictive for some armies like Tomb Kings or Wood Elves. Special slots are cut and what should be core is now special.

I don't like this idea.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon May 11, 2009 2:36 pm

It's not that restrictive. It just means you have to make do with more of your core choices.

1500 Doesn't have a Lord anyways. For me personally I think it will be a more interesting battle with a more focus on troops.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon May 11, 2009 2:49 pm

If I don't have a Tomb King my Chariots become Special and I don't have enough core - so I could not use them.

That was my point.

Don't worry, I'll figure something out.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon May 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Hehe, why don't you have enough core?

Whats the core for Tomb Kings?

I have faith that you'll figure something out, your a smart guy. Personally I like the idea that were needing to bring more core troops, since they are, after all, core.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue May 12, 2009 8:51 am

I can make a pretty interesting list for Skaven at 1500. Thing with TKs is that our core sucks nuts., and is very expensive point wise, TKs are almost unplayable under 2000.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ptlax23 Tue May 12, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm down for it, Luis is right skaven could be all right
ptlax23
ptlax23
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 126
Armies : Black Templars,Grey Knights, Skaven,Bretonnians
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu May 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Rob and I will go, if you'll have us.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu May 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Autarch (CM) wrote:Rob and I will go, if you'll have us.

of course dude, gonna be cool playing with u guys again
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu May 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Your in! Sweet Deal!

This is gonna be a fun event I think! It's gonna be a lot of fun to see what folks do without a Lord slot to fill!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu May 14, 2009 10:38 pm

List updated, we are maxed out at 10 players with 1 waiting person (that I know of)!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri May 15, 2009 3:25 pm

ah it is good to see that is it getting filled in.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri May 15, 2009 3:27 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:If I don't have a Tomb King my Chariots become Special and I don't have enough core - so I could not use them.

That was my point.

Don't worry, I'll figure something out.

Well hey i am going to do something later on that will have a higher point value in a few months after this one so do not worry yet!!!!
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat May 16, 2009 1:42 pm

You know I just saw this posting..

I 'd like to attend, but it looks like we might be filled up?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Thu May 21, 2009 3:01 pm

you are more than welcome as a stand in at this point and time.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by bayardnbk Sun May 24, 2009 11:54 am

Yeah. I might attend and observe as well since it's full

bayardnbk
Cultist

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon May 25, 2009 1:19 am

could we increase this to 2250 since evryone playing is a Vet ? i thought the whole thing about playing at 1500 was cause we had some new people showing up.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon May 25, 2009 11:01 am

That wasn't the point of the event, the point size was partially for new players but mainly to have an event with the option of extra rare slots or Lord choices.

Basically, you gotta bring more regular troops and duke it out that way. I think it will be a great tactical challenge for everyone. Step it up!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon May 25, 2009 11:58 am

Tactics??? Luis only knows one tactic. Forward!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next