The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th!

+12
razorramon31
Hurricane
bayardnbk
Ovich
Dakai
Autarch (CM)
ptlax23
The Eldar Guy
ShadowMaster
Dr. Love
luis the young
scurrdi
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th!

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon May 25, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm bringing less troops.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunshine: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament June 14th!

Post by Ovich Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:54 pm

If someone is gonna bail out from this... please post.. so I have better idea whether to show up or not.

Thanks
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 am

Well, I am interested in playing but I see that all ten slots are taken. Are we adding more slots or is it too late to join?
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 66
Armies : Black Templar
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:15 am

what size tables are we gonna play on ? im thinking that at just 1500 we are not gonna need the regular size tables, maybe if we shrink the tables we can fit more people ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:31 am

Nate's trying to figure that out. I convinced him that 4x5 tables would work (I think 4x4 will be too small) but with those new lovely GW boards (I hate them) you can't really make 4x5s.

Nate will put more info up this weekend, as I will pump all of the information out of him for it.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:52 am

We saw with the WoTR tourney - the max capacity for 6x4 games at Sunshine is 6.

If we went to 4x4 you could get 9 - but I not sure you can play 1500 whfb on a 4x4.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:56 am

well, if you can fit 6 tables, then we can have 12 people, and we should, we got 2 others that wanna play but the 10 max is filled !

EXPAND !!!! COñO !!!!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:04 pm

Joel probably wants a space for the card game guys.

Andre and a couple of others were playing something called Warlord in the middle of a busy WoTR tourney.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Thats BS, if you got the people for it then tournament takes presedence, we get kicked out of the store when we are playing on the days that belongs to another gaming system. Sundays is THE ONLY days assigned to Fantasy, and as it is we gotta share it with FOW, LOTR and Magic !

Nate needs to tell Joel that we got 12 people interested and that we are gonna take over the whole store, anythng else is fucking busllshit.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:28 pm

Well, if we wanna get really intense, you put a table outside and suddenly you've got 14. I remember that we've done that once or twice on a 40k Wednesday Night, back when it got REALLY busy.

As for that, I will tell Nate and let him figure it out. I know Joel told me that 3 guys who stop by wanted to get in on the Fantasy tournament, so maybe it'll get bumped up to 12 or 14.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm not playing outside, I just won't go.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:09 pm

12 people should be max, is to damn hot, plus it might be raining, to play outside of the store.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:23 pm

LoL hey louis makes you miss the size of the Sqaure sometimes huh?

--Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Ok so we've played with twelve before inside the store? what gives? When did it become an issue?
I totally agree with Luis, Everytime there's a any other type of tournament, everybody else has to wait or not play, why should it be any different when we play? I mean this is Joels biggest draw.....
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 66
Armies : Black Templar
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ptlax23 Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:56 pm

has anyone even spoken to joel about this, no point venting here
ptlax23
ptlax23
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 126
Armies : Black Templars,Grey Knights, Skaven,Bretonnians
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:04 pm

razorramon31 wrote:Ok so we've played with twelve before inside the store? what gives? When did it become an issue?
I totally agree with Luis, Everytime there's a any other type of tournament, everybody else has to wait or not play, why should it be any different when we play? I mean this is Joels biggest draw.....

That is not correct. These types of stores survive on the TCGs and CCGs, which is why those guys get space no matter what.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:22 pm

The truth is that space is limited, plain and simple. It just so happens that we're getting a bigger turnout then usual.

I would just request that for those of you who have regular contact with the people who are signed up, to find out if there are any cancellations or no shows planned.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:04 pm

Nate will talk to Joel, I haven't spoken to him about it and as you've noticed he doesn't get on the forums too much.

As for me, I unfortunately will be unable to attend the tournament. My parents decided to surprise me and my fiance with a crazy cheap cruise (with them) for the weekend (I think Sarah said an interior cabin was something like $150, not bad for a 3 day cruise in my mind).

Either way, it's this coming weekend so I won't be able to play in the tournament Mad

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:13 pm

Perhaps we can go to 2250 then since you were the one low man with only 1500 points?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Nate wants to keep it at 1500. I suggested it, but even without me I think he'll keep it there. He wants people to play without Lord choices, and I think it will make things pretty interesting, just like how the 600 pt WoTR tournament was unique cause of it's smaller size.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Allright,
Well since Dan isn't coming, I guess i'm in, since I was next on the list.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Death_Company_Orks Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:02 pm

hey guys i'm going to go and take my army anyhow just in case i can get a game in or two, and if i can't then at least i'll get to see and hopefully some experience will rub off on me.
Death_Company_Orks
Death_Company_Orks
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 219
Armies : Blood Angels, and Death Company Orks. (Fantasy) Dwarfs
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Nate didn't post this but apparently the tournament is up to 12 players now. I don't know if he'll shrink it to 4x4 boards (several guys played the 1500 on 4x4s, they're input on how it went would be great!) but as of now it's up to 12 players!

I think the spots are filled, but I've got no clue.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:44 am

This whole event has clusterfuck written all over it.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:56 am

Ovich wrote:Allright,
Well since Dan isn't coming, I guess i'm in, since I was next on the list.

Alternate List in order from this thread
Sergio
Stephen
Neil (bayardnbk)
Razorramon

So if we are now at 12 and Dan is out then Sergio, Stephen, and Neil are now all in. Razor is the first alt.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next