The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

internet not working.

+4
Dr. Love
ShadowMaster
dork_jedi
rokassan
8 posters

Go down

internet not working. Empty internet not working.

Post by rokassan Wed May 13, 2009 2:29 pm

My router has decided to not connect to the internet for no reason. One minute it worked now it wont connect. I have no idea what the problem is. I didnt change any settings. It just gets local connection only...meaning no internet. I using a my neighbors wireless as of now. Computer guys Help a brutha out.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

internet not working. Empty Re: internet not working.

Post by dork_jedi Wed May 13, 2009 3:33 pm

I have the same problem with mine once in a while. Not sure at this moment what causes it but by pulling the power out of the router, giving it a count of 5 or so then plugging it back in resets mine and I can access again.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed May 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Some ISPs will occationally expire the dynamic IP address which has been assigned to you. This usually occurs If you don't ever turn your PC off and the power doesn't go out for an extended period of time.

As Ray said, you want to reset your router, which will cycle your connection and get a new Ip assigned to you.

If that doesn't work I'd call your ISP tech support to verify they do not have an issue on their end and to have them troubleshoot your connection.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Wed May 13, 2009 3:47 pm

It happens alot to me. unplug your computer from the wall and give it about 10 seconds, then replug it back in.
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed May 13, 2009 5:24 pm

How often has it been going on? Could just be a some local trouble if its only been a day or so. Unplugging the modem and router and restarting them both for a reset also is always good thing to do once in a while that might help out.

When the network is out, is the lights on your modem wrong or going off or are there any lights wrong or off on your router?
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed May 13, 2009 10:59 pm

Its only been about a day. I unplugged the router. Didn't work. Ill try to turn off the laptop for a bit. If all else fails ill call bellsouth. Thanks for the help.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu May 14, 2009 9:18 am

The internet works when directly connected to my computer. Its the router. I have a linksys. Talk to me guys. What are your suggestions?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu May 14, 2009 9:30 am

How old is that router ? did you try resetting it like Bill said ? there should be a little button on it that you gotta press with the tip of pen/open paper clip, this will reset the router. Try that and see if it works.
Not sure if you tried it , but unplug the router from the wall and leave it off for 20-30 secs, then connect it again, this reboots the router, this could also work.
Other than that, if its an old router it may have gone bad, and you may need to buy a new one.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu May 14, 2009 9:32 am

If there was a power spike or something the router might have reset to factory defaults and it lost any info it needed to connect to bellsouth. This is DSL?

If your dealing with a linksys, you should be able to access the routers config by going into your web browser and typing http://192.168.1.1

The system will then ask your for username and password, now I don't know who set up your router but if the info was never set up then you should be able to get with username: admin as well as the password, or leave the password emptry with username admin and it should get you into the router settings.

Here you should be able to see if your info is set up or other settings but theres tons of things here that can be done so it's really hard to take care of without being in front of the computer. On the first page you see though you should have settings such as your bellsouth username and password which your router uses to connect to bellsouth that reroutes it to your pc. If it's dsl your router should be set to PPPoE I assume, with username and password for getting connected to bellsouth.... but it's hard to say.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat May 16, 2009 4:11 pm

This damn thing needs to be configured. Fucking pain in the ass.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter_D Sun May 17, 2009 11:43 am

The "Internet" light on the router must be either red or black because
I agree with the power spike idea. It must have wiped out the settings.
hunter_D
hunter_D
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Wed May 27, 2009 11:26 am

Hey guys i think the same thing happend to me yesterday the power flickerd twice and now my internet is pretty slow, and also when i go to my xbox live and try to connect to the wireless it dosent find my network name it just says Linkys any one know how to re-config the router? Advice is appreciated first time dealing with a router issue.

--Cesar

Also my router is only a month old.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter_D Thu May 28, 2009 2:03 pm

You need to log into the router at 192.168.1.1 and retype all your settings.
hunter_D
hunter_D
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down