The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trading/Selling Stuff

+2
ShadowMaster
BrandonC
6 posters

Go down

Trading/Selling Stuff Empty Trading/Selling Stuff

Post by BrandonC Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:41 am

Looking to trade some of both my WH Fantasy and 40k stuff. I won't be TOO specific but here is the rundown of what I got:

New things up for sale/trade are in italics

Space Marines from both the Battle for Macragge and Assault on Black Reach starter set, off sprue and dry assembled (no glue).

Terminators and Dreadnought from the Assault on Black Reach starter set, off sprue and dry assembled, though with no bases.

All the Orks (Grunts, Nobz, and Deffkoptas) from the Assault on Black Reach starter set, off sprue and dry assembled except for the bases (I have most of them, they are just not attached to the model).

Assorted Tau models, most either primed or in different stages of painting. Fire Warriors, Kroot (painted with a Shaper), a Devilfish, Pathfinders, an Ethereal, Drones, Crisis Suits and a few odds and ends.

WH Fantasy Lizardmen (all unpainted). Cold One cavalry (assembled along with a few 6th edition models), Skinks (assembled), Saurus Warriors (assembled), Kroxigor, a Slann (unassembled), Chameleon Skinks, Skink chieftains and Skink priests.

WH Fantasy Wood Elves. Cavalry, Glade Guard, Dryads. Everything is off sprue, and I have enough bits to construct probably another 12-16 Glade Guard and I have a box of the old monopose 5th edition Wood Elf Archers as well. Three black primed Waywatchers. One 5th Edition Treeman (pewter), unassembled with no base.

WH Fantasy Tomb Kings: Cavalry and Skeleton archers. Few pieces missing, but I have a bit bag likely to have what is needed. Tomb King on Foot, Queen Khalida, Liche Priest on horseback, all three are poorly painted (was experimenting at the time)

Bretonnian Damsel, mounted and assembled.

20 IG Catachan Troops on sprue and unassembled.

1 Dark Elf Assassin and 3 Dark Elf Shades.

Bits from the WH 40k Dark Angels Conversion Kit (enough to build a few marines)

Enough bits to construct IIRC about 10 High Elf archers.

10 5th Edition Skaven Gutter Runners (pewter), partially painted.[/i]

Assorted Empire (all unpainted) including five Pistoliers, an Empire Captain, 8 Swordsmen.

Few other odds and ends.

What am I looking for?

WH Fantasy wise: Dwarves and Skaven (most recent edition preferably), Flames of War Soviets.

Last edited by BrandonC on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:06 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)

BrandonC
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Trading/Selling Stuff Empty Re: Trading/Selling Stuff

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:27 am

PM sent

Also, I recommend you DO NOT let Joel know your making trades at his store. He may freak out.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:59 am

You know, I understand the whole " no money transactions in the store deal" but why would there be an issue with trading?

I mean maybe there will, maybe there won't be. I'm just curious.
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:10 am

Joel does not want any transactions between 2 customers to occur in his store because he feels it will detract from his sales. He doesn't want people bartering in his store, because if he creates an area of free trading, he's encouraging the re-cycling of product instead of the purchasing of new product.

People are gonna wheel and deal anyway regardless, but I guess he doesn't want to encourage it by giving people a place to actually meet with their wares.

From a business perspective I can understand this sentiment, but on the other hand, I think he would end up profiting if he allowed it.

People are going to trade, it's an inevitability. But in a game like Warhammer or 40k, rarely are people completely satisfied with what they are trading for. They usually want to supplement it with other things. Trading encourages sales in my opinion.

For instance, if I go to Joel's to trade my chaos army for Luis' skaven army. I'm probably not going to be satisfied with just what I got in the trade. I'm gonna read the skaven army book and say " You know, I still want to get one of those, and I also, want one of those too."

But it's the man's store and we do have to respect his rules.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:13 am

True enough, true enough.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonC Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:21 pm