The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy on Saturday anyone?

+4
hliddle
The Eldar Guy
scurrdi
Vycem
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fantasy on Saturday anyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy on Saturday anyone?

Post by Diosamblet Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:15 am

I actually liked the league buy-in, but then I only played on Sundays and usually got 2-3 games in.

I'd also include deployment as one of the hardest aspects of the game to master. If nothing else, you get to practice deploying a lot less each game than you do moving troops.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Fantasy on Saturday anyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy on Saturday anyone?

Post by Vycem Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:36 am

The Eldar Guy wrote:Np man, what I noticed about our game was that you didn't make any of the 'newbie' mistakes. You went to set up your own stuff(tactically) and had made a solid play in deployment/movement. Truthfully, the hardest phases of the game is charges and movement so its good to see you comfortable with it

What really sucks is when you just want to go there for a single game or whatnot, like today. Really, this week I've dropped like 8bucks just to use the tables. edit: although doing the math it isn't profitable for him to charge me the two bucks- this past month I've been having a winning streak.

Thanks, but I think I still need a LOT of practice...I didn't realize just how fast all units were in the game! I have to get more comfortable with the distances to gauge better how to set up the charge.

Also the arc of sight thing is very tricky. You can't really set up units parallel to each other too much because then they somehow miss that their neighbors are in a fight!

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2