The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FLAMES OF WAR Tournament August 9th!

+2
Hurricane
scurrdi
6 posters

Go down

FLAMES OF WAR Tournament August 9th! Empty FLAMES OF WAR Tournament August 9th!

Post by scurrdi Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:44 pm

What: Flames of War Tournament

When: August 9th, Sunday

Where: Joel's

How: Mid-War, 1500 pts

Length: 3 Rounds

Time: Start time at 12:00 noon, End time at approximately 7:30 pm (schedule pending, will not go past 8:00 pm)

Scoring: 70% Generalship, 15% Painting, 15% Unit History

Armies Allowed: Any of the Mid-War Approved Books (Afrika and Ostfront) as well as any official PDFs put out by Battlefront for Mid-War.

Slots: 10 people max (6'x4' boards)

Missions: Encounter (Airborne Players may switch out for "Death From Above" or "Sieze and Control" if they wish), Hold the Line, and Fighting Withdrawl

Lists must be turned in ONE WEEK in advance via email, personal drop off, or PM.

1. Tom (Allies)
2. Dave (Allies)
3. Erik (Allies)
4. Javi (Axis)
5. Matt (Axis)
6. Juan (Axis)
7. Rob (Allies)
8. Don? (Axis)

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : sticky, update names)

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

FLAMES OF WAR Tournament August 9th! Empty Re: FLAMES OF WAR Tournament August 9th!

Post by scurrdi Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:20 pm

So whats going on? None of you guys wanna play???

Stephan?? Luis?? Erik?? Bill?? Ceasar??

Lets go folks, sign up for this one!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

FLAMES OF WAR Tournament August 9th! Empty Re: FLAMES OF WAR Tournament August 9th!

Post by Hurricane Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:24 pm

I should be back. Just got to talk to the wifey. A tentative Yes, though
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:45 pm

i wont be able to make it, is the Ard'Boys semi-finals on that weekend.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Luis!!!!! NooO!!!!!!

Your added, Erik.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:53 pm

If I currently have 1500pts of Late War US paras is there a book that I can use my models in Mid War if so I am in. I am pretty new to the game though I have only played 3-4 games if that is ok.
-Rob

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Rob thats perfectly ok. Most if not all of your US Paras should transfer over no problem.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:34 pm

Ok good. Is there a specific book for midwar or will the D-1 book work fine for point costs?

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:43 am

You need to use the Afrika book, it's the Mid-War point costs for US paras.

I won't be by this Sunday but the Sunday after I'll bring the book if you can't buy it or get it before then.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:07 am

We need some more people. Has anyone spoken to Don, Will, Tom, or Dave?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:40 am

Oh, and I will not be able to get you a list until thur or friday before the tournament. I didn't bring my books with me on vacation. And for some reason. My excel program on my laptop crashed and it needs to be reinstalled which is impossible because i don't have the disk with me. I might email you what I have but I'm pretty sure it's not my final draft.
I was planning on playing my British. However, it would be nice if everyone could state what country they are playing. If we have too many allied I might switch to my germans.

Hurricane
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:59 am

I've spoken with both Tom and Dave, and they are both in. I also called Matt to see if he was going to play but haven't gotten a response yet. Joel was supposed to call Don. Spoke to Stephan as well but don't know if he'll be making it yet.

I don't have Will's number, can you get it for me Erik?

As for armies:

Rob is playing Allies (Americans)
Dave is playing Allies (British)
Tom is palying Axis (German or Italian, don't know yet)
Erik is playing Allies (British)

I'll get Don to play Germans and if Matt plays I'll get him to play Germans as well. Will has only Americans so I imagine that will put him in on that.

Anthony might also play, if we can find time to teach him, he'll be playing Allies. Maybe it'll be best if you switch to your Germans Erik.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:07 am

I will get you Will's # but he might be playing germans. He has been working on them.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Hey then thats cool with me, keeps things more balanced. I want to try to stay as close to Axis vs. Allies as possible.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:44 pm

We'll see , don't know if I'll be able to swing 2 tourneys in 2 weekends. If i have to pick one, I'm doing the fantasy tourney.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:50 pm

~loser~

J/K!

But it would be nice to see some Italians there!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Dan count me in for sure. Finnish. Sorry they are not painted. Please dont look down on me..... Or if too many Axis I'll bring my painted Russians to balance our the Axis & Allies.

As for the Italians, most likely they wont make it do to not being let out of their barracks by their commaders, I mean Wives.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:31 pm

I have a nice italian sausage,.... but she's a gotta da meatballs !
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 am

Javi! Glad to here your onboard! We'll put you down for Finns for now and if we to switch then it'll be fine, but I think you'll be ok with the Finns!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:38 pm

We've got 7 players so far with 2 maybes!!

Stephan, get me some confirmation!!

I still need to call Will. I will do that tomorrow. Don was a maybe, I need to get his number from Joel to call him.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:00 am

Dan, I'm gonna bring my Fallschrimjager instead. That shouldn't be a problem right?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:35 pm

I'll be there with the WOPs
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Woo hooo!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:41 pm

I don't think it'll be a problem, though you and Javi might have to duke it out to see who plays Allies and who plays Axis Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Does anyone want to play a few practice games this Saturday at sunshine?

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down