The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoTR Campaign

2 posters

Go down

WoTR Campaign Empty WoTR Campaign

Post by Frantic Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:06 pm

So Jerry, lets get this thing going! I have a few questions I'd like to ask about it though.

1) You mentioned you wanted to do third age. Does that mean the army lists must have age specific characters only ? For example Gondor could not field Warriors of Arnor or Numenorians ?

2) When building your armies I would imagine you would not be able to include allies. For example, If I was playing Harad I couldn't field a Mordor Ballista unless I had actually struck an alliance with the Mordor player and in the case of good armies I assume all units in the free kingdoms would be able to ally since they are an unplayable faction (with the exception of Saruman or any formation that includes him and things like the fellowship or the three hunters?)

3) Kind of related to the above question, factions that are divided but still under the same section in the book such as the Haradrim and the Easterlings or Gondor and Dol Armoth..will they be different factions all together in the campaign or will they all be considered the same ?

Thats it for now. Fill us in on your thoughts !
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

WoTR Campaign Empty Re: WoTR Campaign

Post by jerryb Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:32 pm

The third age is the easist, since that is when the books/movie happen.

The only problem I would see is if we started at the very begining of the third age, Sauraman was hiding the fact that he wanted the ring. Otherwise everything would fit. Osgilath was totally intact (however mostly abandon) and there are some other points, I would have to review. But for the most part it should not conflict with army list.

Most importantly, to have fun, I don't think the JRR Tolklien estate will hit us with a law suit if we bend some history, and yes I want to stay as close as possible to the storyline, but fun comes first.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down