The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space Wolf Early News

+8
grix
Joshwow1
KingdomCome
razorramon31
scurrdi
ptlax23
luis the young
Ovich
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Space Wolf Early News - Page 2 Empty Re: Space Wolf Early News

Post by KingdomCome Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Speaking of which..... Get ready to see Njal StormCaller Lists popping up in a LGS near you! I read the wolf codex and it has some interesting options. I don't consider it overpowered, but it is def. competative. Njal is probably the only character I would care to field. I'm actually kinda sad, I just put my eldar army together and if I face a wolf army with njal I'm screwed from the word "Go!" So Josh, when do you wanna get a game going?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:52 pm

I generally feel there is not much codex creep, just a changing meta game as the new books come out. Meta is introduced into the new books all the time. Just look at the Space Wolf psychic powers that hinder movement for skimmers and deep strikers. The only book that feels a little overpowered is Daemons but they really only have one nasty build and IG now has a unit that instantly kills Fateweaver.

Orks were really strong due to being more efficient points wise than other races. Since 5E came out and the recent codexes they are in serious trouble these days. The only scary thing they have is Gazghull. Even Nob Bikers are kind of a joke these days since most people redesigned there army to beat them. They could stage a come back in the future due to changes in the meta game.

Space Wolves are good but in terms of power level they are no Orks, Daemons, or IG. I have to read all the special characters but from looking at the units themselves I didn't see anything that should be taking the tournament scene by storm.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Whenever you want ceasar, I texted you my number not sure if you got saved it.

I would run Njal but hes way too many points ;P.

I like the army now, lot of rumours pointed towards over powered abilities and troops....but thats not the case at all.

Can be competetive with certain builds, but also super fun and fluffy.

And very true, definitely not orks. I would agree with the other two options but I havent faced very good of either of those armies.

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:09 am

This codex is a success thematically but almost total garbage from a game design standpoint. A lone wolf, wolf guard and wolf lord all have the same points cost for upgrades? Not only do they show increasing levels of gain by using these items but you also have to think of things in terms of percentages. If a 20 point model buys a 25 piece of wargear... is it now more than twice as effective? If so why do characters get wargear that is so cheap in terms of ratio?

I am really disappointed that they took away alot of the options from the troop squads and that if you want to use a transport and get the second weapons you must be willing to sacrifice having a character join or have a wolf guard attached.

This codex was also poorly proof read/edited.

Still though, huge success in terms of fluffiness.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by thehod Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:43 am

SW are a good army. Good options and a unique play style that favors close range assault and firefights.

It still doesnt measure up to regular Marines which are by far one of the top armies out there along with IG.

thehod
Neophyte

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Hod! What up? Come down to Miami and school us. We miss you.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2