The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any advice on getting an army mailed to you?

+4
dork_jedi
Ovich
grix
Diosamblet
8 posters

Go down

Any advice on getting an army mailed to you? Empty Any advice on getting an army mailed to you?

Post by Diosamblet Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:46 am

So I've been reading this forum too much for my own good, and I really wanna play a few games of warhammer once I get back to Hawaii. The thing is that my army is back in Miami! I'd ask my dad to ship my Orcs & Goblins to me, but I'm afraid they'd arrive all chipped and broken thanks to the gorillas that work at the post office.

Anyone on the forum have any advice or experience with shipping armies safely?
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Any advice on getting an army mailed to you? Empty Re: Any advice on getting an army mailed to you?

Post by grix Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:09 am

Army transport cases? just make sure to buy some bubble wrap and wrap each foam case. US Post Office ships anything. I mailed an army I traded in one of the BIG GW black hard plastic cases, that did not close. I wrapped the two sets of 3 foam pads in bubble wrap, semi closed the case, and spent a roll of duck tape on it. It got shipped no problem.

grix
Cultist

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Any advice on getting an army mailed to you? Empty Re: Any advice on getting an army mailed to you?

Post by Ovich Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:24 am

Just buy a new army when you get to Hawaii .
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Mat,
When I had my 40k stuff mailed to me from NH I asked my mom to ship 'em for me:

1.) ask your dad to pack your stuff in a good sized box (you don't want things too close esp if they're metal minis)
2.) egg-crates (the foam with fingers) works awesome, and cheap. if you put one sheet the fingers up and the next sheet fingers down they'll lock together and the minis in between won't move much if at all.
3.) pack it tight, take up all the air with something that can absorb an impact, foam, foam peanuts, bubble wrap, newspaper, anything.

those are my suggestions, i didn't have one nick, scratch or broken model and those boxes got *beat* on, i wish i had a pic to show you, I don't think my mailman likes me much Smile
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Toilet Paper.

Wrap each model in about 2 squares and everyone should arrive in one piece.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:09 am

Toilet paper has always worked great for me, i have mailed whole armies via USPS and the people are always satisfied that they arrive with no breaks. Paper towels are great for filling the gaps in the box and stuff.
Also writing "FRAGILE" all over the place helps, and insure the thing, they take more care of it that way.
Mark the Box "This side up" and pack the top of the box well, that way your stuff wont be crushed when they put other boxes on it.
Praying a bit wont hurt either Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:25 am

Luis forgot to mention that you could kill a rooster to two while you are at it. Laughing
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:27 am

Hurricane wrote:Luis forgot to mention that you could kill a rooster to two while you are at it. Laughing

Thats for BIG packages, the economy is a bit tough and it aint easy to get a hold of a life rooster as it used to be !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:21 am

UPS > USPS
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:39 am

thanks guys! all the advice was great, lots of things I hadn't thought about. I'll check out the one gaming store I know about once I get to Hawaii, and see what the gaming environment's like.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:02 am

ShadowMaster wrote:UPS > USPS

FAIL! USPS OWNZ THE LIVING FUCK OUT OF UPS.

UPS CAN GO SUCK A BIG FAT DONKEY DICK WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! TOOK 3 MONTHS TO SETTLE A CLAIM WITH THOSE BADDIES!!! USPS TOOK ABOUT A WEEK.

P.S. CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR LOUD AND ANGRY!

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down