The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gutshot and Legends of the Old West

+3
scurrdi
luis the young
Hurricane
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gutshot and Legends of the Old West Empty Gutshot and Legends of the Old West

Post by Hurricane Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 am

I have a friend that is going I to loan me these rule books today. So, I'm going to get to check them out without having to spend any money! I also found a wesite with 28 mm Cowboys on clearance for .75 cents each. I'll let you know what the rules are like. And if I get the miniatures, would anyone be interested in play testing the game with me?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Gutshot and Legends of the Old West Empty Re: Gutshot and Legends of the Old West

Post by luis the young Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 am

Sure, why the heck not.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Gutshot and Legends of the Old West Empty Re: Gutshot and Legends of the Old West

Post by scurrdi Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:20 pm

I'd be down, particularly at .75 a fig.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Ok, I just bought (45) 25mm cowboy and towns people figures for the game gutshot. From what I've read, on Gutshot. It's an RPG game with miniatures. It looks like a lot of fun. Soon as I get the rules and the figures, I will set up a date for us to try it out.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Here is a link to the buildings that I'm going to get

http://www.erichotz.com/25055-starter1.html
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:26 pm

Oh and while I'm at it, here is a link to the models that I purchased.

http://dixonminiatures.co.uk/dixoncatalogue.asp?maintype=12
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:40 pm

You cop people have way to much time in your hands.

And wth ? no Russian gunslingers ?!!? I demand a bear riding cowboy !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:51 pm

How about a Mexican? That's pretty close, no? tongue And you are right I'm working 4 days a week and no overtime.... way too much time on my hands.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:38 pm

How many fucking games are you planning to get into? Jesus Christ Ive seen you guys mention 3-4 new mini games . Come on there isnt enough time in a day to assemble,paint and learn to play more games. Other than GW and Flames none of these games have gotten off the ground with our group...wasted money. ERIC...FUCKING COWBOYS AND INDIANS MINIATURE GAMES!!!! Are you joking? How far up your ass did you have reach to find that one?Do we not have enough Miniature games and boardgames to fill up our free time. Hell I dont have free time as of now. On that note I based and base coated a Motorized Recon platoon with Schwimwagons and Sturmgewehr44 assault rifles. I ll begin painting them and dipping them tomorrow. I figure once I finish them and they look nice Ill be inspired to paint the other 500000000000000000 Panzergrenadiers I have.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Yes, Bill... fucking cowboys and indians! Why are you being such a hater? First off, I'm looking for a game my 7 year old would be able to play and enjoy. Secondly, whats the fucking difference between cowboys and indians and space marines.... really??? I find it funny that you are busting on me for wanting to try a new game. You've bought more crap than all of us and it's just sitting in your garage. I actually plan on playing this with my son. And if anyone else wants to participate then they are more than welcome.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Did I just hear Bill mention something about wasted money?

Hey Bill, why don't I come over Saturday night and we can crack open one of the 150 SHRINK WRAPPED board games you have sitting in your garage. You hoard games like a dragon, sitting on it's pile of gold, letting it's treasure sit for so long that it becomes part of the scales on your underbelly, without even noticing.

But it's not a waste, cause you'll use it one day though right?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm

And...

back on topic!

Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:39 pm

That's my point you muppets. All of those fucking mini's I have are because I let you guys encourage me to get into this crap. Warmachine...Erics fault. FoW...thanks again Eric, Fantasy...oh yeah,Eric and 40k...Eric. Lord of the Rings...that was Jerry.I didnt play any of this crap til I befriended...Eric(I'm happy your my friend so don't get offended) So I get into all of this stuff and then your gonna talk trash and get personal? I don't remember getting personal. Trust me I HATE the fact I can't play on a regular basis. I envy the fact you guys have like that. So suck a dick. In time ill be able to game more. The working wife,two year old and acid reflux baby really put a cramp on shit.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:48 am

Let me preface my remarks with you are one of my very good friends and this won't change it but.....

So I get into all of this stuff and then your gonna talk trash and get personal? I don't remember getting personal.

ERIC...FUCKING COWBOYS AND INDIANS MINIATURE GAMES!!!! Are you joking? How far up your ass did you have reach to find that one?

If that isn't personal, I don't know what is. Just because I have an intrest in a western miniatures game doesn't mean I'm a retard. Maybe you didn't mean it that way. But that's the way it came across.

All of those fucking mini's I have are because I let you guys encourage me to get into this crap. Warmachine...Erics fault. FoW...thanks again Eric, Fantasy...oh yeah,Eric and 40k...Eric. Lord of the Rings...that was Jerry.I didnt play any of this crap til I befriended...Eric

Yes I did introduce you to GW games. But I didn't make you purchase anything. Yes your situation is a bitch and yes you would be using those models more if you had the chance. But don't blame me for you buying all that stuff. Maybe you should have looked at your situation and said, you know I just don't have the time to play that much. Maybe I shouldn't get into all these games.

This thread simply started as me trying to share with anyone that was interested about a few other games I found interesting. Not once did we say, Hey Bill you need to spend your money on another game.

Why do you feel it's necessary to tell me I have to many games or not enough time to play other games or paint other mini's? I know you are frustrated with your situation and I would be too. But don't take it out on me. I got personal with you after you were a dick to me (see above quotes). Again maybe you didn't mean it but it pissed me off. Sorry to everyone about all the drama (boyfriend fight)!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:23 am

For the record the second comment was a response to your and Stephans post. In the first I was expressing shock to this obscure game you managed to discover. Nobody called you retarded. Didn't know your intrest was because of Asher,I cant read minds. That's a different story. Enjoy your cowboy game. I'm gonna go lay on top of my hoard of boardgames until they stick to my fat belly like Im a Venerable Red Dragon...right Stephan.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Who said anything about venerable... Yeah... and while you're at it,, why don't you reach down between the crack of your ass and see if you can pull out those dragon ogres you owe me. I'll wash them off later.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:54 pm

You can pull them out of my ass yourself with your teef bitch. And your right I'm an Ancient Red Dragon.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:40 pm

You can pull them out of my ass yourself with your teef bitch
[quote]

Now THAT sounds like fun ........
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:58 am

Bravo. It's one in the morning and I'm delirious. This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time. Back to topic:
How are the rules to said western rpg/mini game?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:11 am

Well, we kissed and made up. As for the game, it looks like a lot of fun. I've read through the rules and they are very streamlined to make the game fast playing and not bog down. There is a simple system for initiative (pulling names on a hat), but I'm going to use poker cards. Combat is resolved on a roll of 2D6 where you have a Target number based on your skill with modifiers. The same with other actions. That is a very basic description.

Here is a link to the core rule book. It isn't complete but gives you an idea of how it works

http://www.hawgleg.com/downloads/Gutshot_Sample.pdf
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:25 am

Here are some copies of the types of characters

http://www.hawgleg.com/downloads/Gutshot_CharSheets.pdf
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Im gonna get a bad ass dude like Blondie(Clint Eastwood) and a Mexican like Tuco(Eli Walach) from the Good,the Bad and the Ugly. "If your gonna shoot...shoot,dont talk". Tuco's famous quote.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:47 pm

There's all kinda of cool quotes you can use

You gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Hey Eric I'd be interested in trying out the rules. I think I'd wanna make an outlaw gang of ex-confederate diehards! is that possible in this game?
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:23 am

In this game each player represents 1 character/model. But your one character could absolutely be an ex-confederate die hard.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next