The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabletop RPG's in South Miami

+9
dork_jedi
Tau king
Autarch (CM)
ShadowMaster
The Eldar Guy
Kyle
Frantic
jerryb
hliddle
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tabletop RPG's in South Miami Empty Tabletop RPG's in South Miami

Post by hliddle Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:01 am

So I have never played a table top RPG but am interested in trying it out, the only problem is that all the D&D games at Sunshine are full. Now I know this isnt what this forum is for but I have been unable to find any information on RPG's in South Miami, so basically I was wondering if anyone knows a forum equivalent for RPG's or maybe the contact information of someone who runs an RPG. Anything would be appreciated or maybe even a tip on how a new player can break into an RPG group.
hliddle
hliddle
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 53
Armies : DE
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Tabletop RPG's in South Miami Empty Re: Tabletop RPG's in South Miami

Post by jerryb Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:32 am

Hiddle, look at "Find a Game" section, I believe there is a White Wolf Vampire RPG being built and looking for other players.
Wednesday night at Sunshine.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:03 am

Theres a couple groups that play at Outland Station on Wednesday night. Theres also a guy who always comes to Sunshine for DnD on tuesday night but he never gets any players.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:26 am

Look for home games, lot of rpgs if not most are run at peoples homes it seems. I have been running a Star Wars Saga Edition campaign now for several months on Friday nights but with buying our new house and all the crap at work haven't gotten to play much lately.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:52 am

jerryb wrote: I believe there is a White Wolf Vampire RPG being built and looking for other players.

JerryB

Yeah, but that's whitewolf Neutral
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:48 pm

PM Cesar
user name: Autarch (CM)

I think he currently plays in a couple of regular games (White Wolf and D&D)
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:32 pm

The Eldar Guy wrote:
jerryb wrote: I believe there is a White Wolf Vampire RPG being built and looking for other players.

JerryB

Yeah, but that's whitewolf Neutral

Justin wrote it as "white wolf" in several places, and the company that makes the product spell's it 'White Wolf".

That's okay Eldar your math is bad also. Very Happy

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Sorry I didn't hit the space-bar. Somewhere in that you missed the entire point of my post.

jerryb wrote:
That's okay Eldar your math is bad also. Very Happy

JerryB

My math on that topic was not wrong, merely your perception of the situation.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:41 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:PM Cesar
user name: Autarch (CM)

I think he currently plays in a couple of regular games (White Wolf and D&D)

I do currently play in a game of Mage: the Ascension and run a Dark Heresy game.

I've contemplated putting up a thread for a game of second edition WFRP, but I find the two games I'm in to be enough - I meet weekly for Mage and I run DH for my friend's whenever we're all free (which can be 3 times a week or nothing for a whole month, given recent turn of events). I really just play for the sake of exercising my creativity and storytelling abilities.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:44 pm

I am looking for one last player for a bi-weekly game on wednesday. PM me if your interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tau king Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:44 pm

Play 40k there are lots of players do u have a army????

Tau king
Troll
Troll

Number of posts : 31
Armies : Tau
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Tau king wrote:Play 40k there are lots of players do u have a army????
Tabletop RPG's in South Miami StayOnTarget
Please keep to the topic. If he wanted to play 40k, he would have posted that he was looking for a 40k game.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by hliddle Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:39 pm

Would anyone be interested in trying a Star Wars Saga game at sunshine? We would need a GM and there would be at least 2 players who never played before, but I am sure both of use could learn quickly. Perhaps we could do the dawn of defiance campaign.

If your not interested but no people who play in the large D&D campaigns try bringing it up to them.
hliddle
hliddle
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:10 pm

Hiddle, what do you need for Star Wars Saga?

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hliddle Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:35 pm

jerryb wrote:Hiddle, what do you need for Star Wars Saga?

JerryB

You need the rulebook which they sell at Borders for $35 and some dice( I can check the specifics once Im home).

Anyways if we really want to try and get this game started we are going to need some people with at least some basic rpg experience and somebody to GM. So far I know that Robby aka warbird is willing to give it a try but he's another newb like me. However, I did pick up the rulebook today and I am going to start reading through it-- on a side note star wars saga seems like a lot of fun people say the combat is interesting and fun, starship and vehicle combat which is supposedly awesome, and obviously the rich universe of star wars.
hliddle
hliddle
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:46 pm

I might be interested in playing depending on the day, time and place. Can you give me any specifics? I am kind-of on a table-top kick right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by hliddle Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Place would probably be Sunshine we really dont have any other info other than that, just trying to stir some interest and see who and how many people would be interested.
hliddle
hliddle
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:10 pm

well if you hold it on the weekend I would be game for a small campaign

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Ya I agree maybe Saturday afternoons or something could work. I know thats the best day for me with school.

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:01 pm

I will look at the book and get back to you whether I might be willing to gm. (Only if you want me too, I don't mean to be presumptuous) I don't know the system so I may be a poor candidate but I would be willing to try if the system is simple enough.

One GM and four or five players are needed. How many do you have now?

How soon would you want this to start?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:00 am

Word of warning on SW Saga as I've been running games in it for over a year now, the main rulebook has very basic material in it and you will probably want to get ahold of the other books.

The problem with Saga which lot of my gamers have expressed is that unlike their D&D products, WotC has spread everything rulewise when it comes to characters across almost every supplement. Instead of getting a book with just all the stuff for a specific class, they put a little bit for everyone, in every single book. Whenever you make characters you basically currently have to browse through 9 big books to know all your character options. The basic book gives you enough to start with though, but if your going to introduce any more supplements you will find certain character classes getting an advantage over others due to what they offer you.

Saga edition is basically D&D 3.75 when it comes to rules. It was prototype of many rules that were put into D&D4e, but they also kept much of what made D&D3.5 the same. Just with blasters. Some carry over rules from the Star Wars miniatures game have also been integrated in.

The rules have also greatly expanded since original rulebook. Making a droid character for example from the main book is pretty meh, while the new droid book gives you huge amount of new rules and options to make a droid character different from the main book. Starship combat got lot of rule modifications and additions with the 'Starships of the Galaxy' supplement which by the way is out of print so if you can get a copy, pick it up. Knights of the old Republic campaign guide is also out of print but you can still find it on shelves.

Combat is also designed around use of miniature like 4e D&D so you might want to make sure you will have suitable figs for Star Wars.

Last edited by Kyle on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by hliddle Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:02 am

What would you say are the most essential rulebooks?

Excluding those that relate to each era of course.
hliddle
hliddle
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:09 am

'threats of the galaxy' is an excellent book just because it's basically a quick monster manual. It's a codex of npcs and creatures which makes for easy to create adventures.

'starships of the galaxy' is another excellent book as it's focused on the space combat stuff and has a codex of craft. Space combat doesn't change on era so it's all around good to have.

The new 'scavengers guide to droids' books is also another book I think will be essential since its all about creating droid characters as playable with detailed rules and nearly makes droids their own class. It also features lot of rules for use in any era really.

The era guides while having large focus on a setting, unfortunately have lot of important rules which is what I was talking of early which is problematic. Like D&D you got feats your characters can get, each class also has unique talents they can earn as they level which is what really makes class characters unique. New prestige classes also added in every campaign guide.

You can play with just the main book, its all their but they kind of designed the game as something where you will want to buy every single book. Even if your not interested in a specific era, you will want the book because it's full of all new feats, races to play, talents, prestige classes, new skill usage, and new rules.

For example, the Rebellion Era guide added unique feats for most of the original main races, has nothing to do with the era of the book setting, they just put new rules for almost everyone.

The Jedi Academy book is one of the only books that they did which was focused on a specific class. All rules and such in it pertain basically to only Jedi characters. If you don't plan on using lot of jedi or letting ppl be jedi at all, then you can skip that book.

Word of warning as a GM and from reading others experiences similar to mine with Saga, don't let more than one player be a Jedi in the group. Jedi can be abused greatly especially a group of them. If you play an era or setting with lot of Jedi, expect to have to jack up the games challenges greatly since even low level jedi can do some crazy things. It's more of an issue of how they have all those unique jedi powers that players can often exploit the rules. Currently game I've been running is set in Knights of the Old Republic during the early part of the Jedi Civil War where Revan and Malak are still working together. Got 3 Jedi and they are insanely formidable, but the setting also has the benefit of having hundreds of Sith at the time allowing a GM to easily put up a proper story fitting challenge.

If you play with folks who aren't going to power game and munchkin up characters then things will be much easier on the GM of course, I have a couple players I got to keep my eyes on sadly.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:23 am

To many books, sorry count me out.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:29 am

One can play with just the base book though, it's a complete system. Just don't jump into any other supplements till your ready to go all in I would say.

Play a campaign with just the main rulebook and see how it goes.

As I mentioned the three books I recommended above are the only ones I can say would be fine to add in without much conflict at all, and can be helpful to you potentially.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next