The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabletop RPG's in South Miami

+9
dork_jedi
Tau king
Autarch (CM)
ShadowMaster
The Eldar Guy
Kyle
Frantic
jerryb
hliddle
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tabletop RPG's in South Miami - Page 2 Empty Re: Tabletop RPG's in South Miami

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:56 am

I have all the books for the last edition if anyone wants to borrow them.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:31 am

My hat's off to you, Kyle, I'm impressed at the breadth of your gaming knowledge as well as just how many games you've play/currently play! Honestly, I envy your time management skills.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Sadly I don't get to play enough. I just try to gobble up as many games as I can but don't seem to get in enough time to play them all anymore. Just picked up the new Fantasy Roleplay WH set and for the life of me have no idea when I will ever put them to use but couldn't resist, they look to cool.

As for Saga Edition at Sunshine, I would possibly be able to run something but being all the way down there and me in Broward weekdays would be not possible for me. Not sure what the situation is like on Weekends or what kind of group can be made up, but if anyone has any ideas let me know and perhaps I can make some time to set up a Saga campaign at the shop or somewhere nearby. I got all the books, ton of SW minis and way too much SW geek lore in my head already Razz

Right now since W&P closed only gaming I get to do is Friday nights usually so can probably squeeze in something on weekends for a while.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by hliddle Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:41 pm

Justin Page wrote:I will look at the book and get back to you whether I might be willing to gm. (Only if you want me too, I don't mean to be presumptuous) I don't know the system so I may be a poor candidate but I would be willing to try if the system is simple enough.

One GM and four or five players are needed. How many do you have now?

How soon would you want this to start?

Im in no rush I just want it to start once we get a group of players who are interested and willing to devote some time.

Also Kyle that would be great if you could come down to Sunshine and get something going since your saga vet.

It looks like we have about 4 people justin, warbird, kyle and me. Of course we have to see if we can get our schedules worked out but it seems like it would be going down on the weekend, I'm really excited to get this happening.

I think to get it started we should just set a date and time and not worry about how setting up a schedule, we can worry about that if we actually get that first game together. I wish I had more time to read the book but im knee deep in a huge project.
hliddle
hliddle
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 53
Armies : DE
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by hliddle Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:41 pm

Michaelharmon wrote:I have all the books for the last edition if anyone wants to borrow them.

Do you mean the Revised core rulebook edition?
hliddle
hliddle
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Hrm, I'll look when I get home. I played in Afghanistan and loved it. Got everything you need to play even the starship creator books. I figure it would be just as good as the new system only you don't have to buy all the books.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Old system was basically D&D 3rd edition, revised then kinda tweaked it to be a bit more unique to the star wars setting.

Saga is closer to D&D 4e but also lot of similarities to 3.5

If folks can come up with availability or dates coming up we can see about how we can get together something perhaps.

Generally what I like to do with Star Wars is get everyone together, go over the games rules, and also have everyone do a group session of planning a game they want to play, since star wars covers many different themes as well as the different settings can make a huge difference on how the game and group composition would play out. Also take time for everyone to make characters. Once an agreement on what the setting is made and characters are figured out we could then try to set up another meet up to play the first session. Also like to go over settings and answer any questions I can for people as not everyone has seen or read more than the 6 movies.

Since many of you are sunshine regulars or probably know some of each other more might be easier for you all to come up with something, and if someone else wants to run it by all means, I might try to see about showing up just to play perhaps.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by hliddle Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:43 pm

I can play whenever after this Friday, Winterbreak woo!, but how about sometime around the afternoon on this coming saturday?

Also I can see how sitting around to discuss the era and finer details makes sense but if your going to drive all the way down I am sure you would want to play rather than talk. So maybe we can work that out in PM's or something. Also, have you done dawn of defiance campaign, if not we could just get started with that which should be pretty simple, we could have Justin as GM for it too-- if that sounds good to him.

Heres the link to the materials for DoD( Dawn of Defiance)
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/dodcampaign
hliddle
hliddle
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Can't say for sure this coming Saturday or the next as I will be heading off to Wisconsin for xmas with the family for a week. Next week I should be in town but I might also be needed at work but I have not gotten word yet. After Christmas I should be more free actually.

I don't mind driving down and not getting into a game specifically if I'm going to GM, as it's something I feel helps establish a group and helps make running a game smoother if anything. Haven't really looked as the DoD stuff, I usually just make up my own stuff, some of the campaign guides also have campaigns and adventures included as well which can make for easy sessions. I don't mind using modules and premades, I just don't need them and if anything just making up some stuff is easy enough. Though a good suggestion that even Wizards sometimes points out is to use individual adventures sometimes to mix in as intros or as parts of your own home brewed games. I've ran lot of star wars rpg campaigns over the years, been doing so since the D6 WEG SW days so I got lot of material I could always fall back to.

If people have ideas or any comments perhaps we can just brainstorm on here or whatever and we can start trying to get things up and going. If my not being available next 2 weeks is problem for others I could just sit back and try to perhaps join in at a later time or we can just kinda figure stuff out for when I return if you need a Saga GM still.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by hliddle Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:56 pm

Well perhaps some of us could get together with Justin GM'ing and using DoD or some of the premades, if he dosent want to create his own, since he's never GM'd a game of Saga. That would allow us the opportunity of learning the game and getting the feel for it. Then when you get back in two weeks we can figure out what do.

When exactly are you leaving?, just wondering if maybe we can squeeze in some short little adventure before you go to kind of get us started on the right track.
hliddle
hliddle
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Star Wars revised Core Rulebook with the pic of all the main characters on the cover and Padme next to young Anakin on the cover is the version I have. Got that book along with;

- Arms and Equipment Guide
- Starships of the Galaxy
- Ultimate Aliens Anthology
- Genoesis and the Outer Rims World
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- Galactic Campaign Guide
- New Jedi Order Source Book
- Ultimate Advisaries
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:36 pm

I took a look at the system and I can't say that I care for it. Seems a bit overly complicated for new players too. I think I'm going to pass on this one but best of luck starting this up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:56 pm

Hmm what kind of roleplaying games do you normally play may I ask? Saga is very simple, if you ever have played a D&D game or D20 game then it's basically a simplified version of past editions.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:43 am

Would like to try this Star Wars game if there's room for one more?

Doesn't seem like a day has been picked yet, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:18 am

hliddle wrote:When exactly are you leaving?, just wondering if maybe we can squeeze in some short little adventure before you go to kind of get us started on the right track.

Not this weekend, but the following I will be gone. Problem with this coming weekend though is I probably will be stuck at work since I have to do a complete upgrade of our computer network and it will most likely have to be done Saturday and possibly Sunday as well depending how it all goes. Don't really got much free time due to holidays and work right now till after Xmas. Weekdays no good for me simply because of having to drive down to sunshine.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2