The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Angels in April

+7
Michaelharmon
WC_Brian
KingdomCome
NurgleNick
Death_Company_Orks
Kyle
Joshwow1
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blood Angels in April - Page 2 Empty Re: Blood Angels in April

Post by WC_Brian Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:51 am

Kyle wrote:Perhaps with who you play with Eldar been dominating, which isn't uncommon for skewed results in tiers, not everyone plays a competitive army. I believe Orks and the IG are still dominating the big tourny scene. Orks have been tearing it up for a long time and the new IG are just pretty sick with the amount of firepower they got upgraded with. The horde army is definitely one of the strongest things in the game because of troops counting as scoring units.

I personally don't believe in codex creep because it often turns out to be nonsense once the book is out, but I do think Nids will be one of the next power armies once it's been fixed up for 5th edition play.

Orks kind of suck now, Horde armies are rare and not all that. They tend to suffer from No Retreat, it's pretty easy to smash Orks in HtH.

IG and Marines are the biggest winners in tournament play, Chaos is still good but not stupid good like it usually is. Space Wolves are really solid but aren't as strong as IG. Eldar is still good thanks to the damage tables but they are definitely not as strong as they were before. Grey Knights and Sisters got a little better due to 5th edition rules changes. The Nids book is really strong but not necessarily better than IG. Basically all the new books are really strong, but not stronger than the ones that came before them.

If your codex was written after 5th, it's really good. If it wasn't, it isn't. That sums up the concept of codex creep for me. It's more about recent changes in the way they design the books and the rules of 5th edition then some slow increase in power level. That is how Warmachine works, not 40k.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:53 am

I just Blood Angels don't jump the shark. It's lookin pretty wacky. The quickening makes your infantry move as beasts? Wierd.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:08 pm

quickening makes infantry move like beasts? I guess they switched it from the i10+fleet

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:22 am

That's what it said on BoLSouls. Looks like there are going to be some changes.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:30 pm

WC_Brian wrote:I just Blood Angels don't jump the shark. It's lookin pretty wacky. The quickening makes your infantry move as beasts? Wierd.

Quickening make your infantry move as beasts? If thats true, thats awesome. All this assuming you have a CC unit thats a beast in CC. (which they will) . I can already picture double Libbys in the new incarnation of a horrible Death Company unit. Better get your psychic defense ready. (Eldar Having the best)
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Tyranids probably have the best now with Zoanthropes podding in. Shadow in the Warp is on most Synapse creatures and makes all psykers within 12 cast on 3D6. By the time you take out the Zoanthropes the other Synapse will probably be close by, unless you can run and then assuming you can run and still win if it is an objective based mission.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:17 am

The problem with tyranids is that their psychic defense has to get super close, and with a non eternal warrior army like they once had it's a little scary. Whereas Eldar can just sit their Eldrad in a wave serpent at the end of the board with runes of warding. And perils of the warp in the new nid dex still only works on double 1's or 6's, where eldar effects double 1's, but any roll resulting higher than an 11 (not including doubles) Still PERILS your ass!

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:06 am

I'd rather just be able to cancel psychic powers on a 3+
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:44 am

Me too. Well techinically I can, but I would have to spend 270 pts on a special character and be within 24' of the psyker....BUT WAIT! he's in a fast skimmer zooming circles around the battle field! :p

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:13 am

Psychic defense is bullshit. Probably less than 5 powers are even worth any effort to stop(Doom, Fortune, Lash, Nids though have a few). They include it in every dex for the theme of the game but in terms of mechanics it just makes abilities that are frequently too expensive(the power and the otherwise often useless character) even less good. So much defense, so little offense. It's why I don't play Fantasy. You spend a million points on Magic, it's unreliable, and they can stop everything good you can do before they get to your lines. Please no one mention VC to refute my statement.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Death_Company_Orks Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:14 am

i think that games workshop is going to start to turn the game more to psychic attacks and defence cause they want to increase the sales and change the difficulty of the game by including it more and also by upgrading all the psychic attacks/defence of the librerians. Blood angels being the first with attacks and then the inquisitorial will come with the defence.
Death_Company_Orks
Death_Company_Orks
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 219
Armies : Blood Angels, and Death Company Orks. (Fantasy) Dwarfs
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Bump. Latest updates including psychic power and special character rules

Joshwow1