The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combat Squads

4 posters

Go down

Combat Squads Empty Combat Squads

Post by Death_Company_Orks Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

well after my game on the tourney on wendesday i decited to look for the entry that talks about combat squads. Correct me if i am wrong somebody please but it says that the unit must be announced when deployed on the field which is what josh was saying and thats all good YET it very clearly states after that units held in reserves (deep strike, jump packs, etc...) cannot be broken down therefore there is no way in hell that you can use a drop-pod to bring a unit in thru deep strike and then split that unit into combat squads. Again if i am mistaken the somebody please correct me, unless it says it on the unit organization of that squad then the rules clearlly state that only one squad can be carried by a transport. even if that unit can be split into combat squads, the transport can only carry one of those units that you split.
Death_Company_Orks
Death_Company_Orks
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 219
Armies : Blood Angels, and Death Company Orks. (Fantasy) Dwarfs
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Combat Squads Empty Re: Combat Squads

Post by Joshwow1 Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:09 pm

It you were looking through the Blood Angel codex you won't find it. It is exclusive to C:SM. No other marine book has it (including SW)

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Juan I will go get my codex right now burddah but i am 100% sure it works that way because they arent deployed untill the unit hits the ground.

It pretty much works like this.

(10man squad in rhino) beginning of the game i deploy the rhino and combat squad them into 2x 5 man groups.

So the same would be said about the group in the drop pod. Once they drop in they are deployed and i can break them up.

But i will be back in a few seconds with the codex.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:56 pm

The decision to split the unit into combat squads, as well as which models go into each combat squad, must be made when the unit is deployed. Both combat squads can be deployed in seperate locations. The one exception to this is a unit that arrives by Drop Pod. The player can choose to split such a unit ito combat squads when it disembarks from the Drop Pod.

Straight from the Marine Codex bud.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt1785 Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:04 am

To be honest, I've never been a fan of combat squads. It's really easy to kill a squad of 5 guys. Unless you're Plague Marines, it's hard to make 5 guys last, even with an armor save.

Matt1785
Cultist

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:15 pm

It depends on what army you're playing against, what wargear your squad has, what mission it is, etc. You never want to combat squad in a KP game, but in an objective game where you have the most objectives near your side of the field....then yeah, you want to.

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death_Company_Orks Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:19 am

i see, cool... in that case that could be very usefull for me with my Blood Angels... Twisted Evil
Death_Company_Orks
Death_Company_Orks
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 219
Armies : Blood Angels, and Death Company Orks. (Fantasy) Dwarfs
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:48 am

It can, but as of right now the blood angels can't drop pod then decide to split. Maybe after the new codex they can...but I highly doubt it.

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down