The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TO's, Tourneys, and Turns

+9
The Eldar Guy
Leviticus
jerryb
Ovich
rokassan
Vycem
jspyd3rx
NurgleNick
KingdomCome
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TO's, Tourneys, and Turns - Page 2 Empty Re: TO's, Tourneys, and Turns

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:34 am

Have you guys considered doing random tournaments using variant rules like Tates has done? Like have a Cities of Death tournament, then a Planetstrike event, Battle Missions, Apocalypse, etc. Kinda mix things up for fun, and instead of having people worry about bias, your using rules/scenarios that are published and not made up by someone who might cause suspicions or controversy.

Switching rule/scenarios around also helps keep things fresh with different play styles having to be adopted instead of being stuck on the same ol same missions from the main book.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 pm

I agree.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 pm

i always loved cites of death,o my dakkafexs dont have the ap to bring down that squad well then ill juust shoot the fuck out the building your hiding in,hahahaha
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Last tournament I ran, I had optional Cities of Death and Planetstrike tables so that if two people wanted to do one of those in lieu of the standard tournament mission they could.

No one took me up on the offer. Sadness.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Planet strike I know can work for a tournament, though you would definetly want to take avantage of the modified FOC. I would have done it if I had known it was available before hand. It takes me about a week to work out a list for a tournament. So I wasn't ready for it. Think about it though. Planet strike has missions from planetfall to last stand type missions. It would be fluffy and different. just let folks know beforehand so they can tool there lists.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Exactly, don't mix up types either, just have them set ahead of time. Planet strike is a bit tougher since it requires a player to have two lists depending on which side they end up on, but it shouldn't be hard for people to come up with two lists with enough time for prep. The other games are easy to set up and don't really require much list tweaking.

But don't mix up the event styles.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

I think Battle Missions would be interesting in a tournament. Players could roll off to see whose mission type is chosen then go at it. The missions themselves don't seem unbalanced.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Nooo, planetstrike!! No troops required. 3 hq's and six elite and fast slots with everything scoring. So much chaos and fun. My orks clamor for it.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviticus Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:43 am

Why? Orkz can make stuff troops, don't act like its difficult!
Leviticus
Leviticus
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 169
Armies : Black Templars
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2