The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement

+5
Vycem
bromah
ShadowMaster
Autarch (CM)
rba718
9 posters

Go down

Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement Empty Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement

Post by rba718 Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:42 am

Built this together basically from scratch and a ton of bits a while back and finally got around to painting it. Some of you guys saw it primed at Joel's but for now this is the finished product.

Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement IMGP0622
Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement IMGP0617
Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement IMGP0621
Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement IMGP0623

For comparison, this is GW's model of Karamazov.

Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement M1251779_99110108051_INQThrnOfJdgmn

I usually kit-bash all kinds of crazy stuff but rarely do I get around to fully painting them like this. Any tips, opinions, and advice to really make it shine would be greatly appreciated.
rba718
rba718
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 107
Armies : Sisters of Battle, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement Empty Re: Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:59 pm

The legs remind me of...

Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement DH13831lg

...so I really, really like the aesthetic. Earthy, grimy, functional and still impressive with all of the banners.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement Empty Re: Inquisitor Lord Karamazov on Throne of Judgement

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:19 pm

The banners are awesome
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bromah Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:33 pm

this is the ugliest piece of shit i have ever seen...and it's stats suck too..
no just kidding roy you know i fucking love this model. you should enter it for a golden demon at the next show.
bromah
bromah
Cultist

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:22 pm

I love the conversion!

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri May 07, 2010 11:33 pm

First of all, I just want to say that your model looks better painted than whatever jerk off from eavy metal painted GW's model. Excellent work and the banners in particular are what make the model really stand out.

If I had any criticism, I would say that you could stand to do a little more highlighting on the superstructure of the model in general, just to make the various parts and cogs stand out a little. If you look at the back shot.. the only thing that really pops out you is the banners. Those engines in the back could have some rust or grime on them to help stand them out. In the front you have the Inquistorial Rosetta and eagle on the top that could use some highlight perhaps in bronze or something.

There's something about either the picture or your paintjob that screams out to me " unfinished" even though I get the fact that you're going for that very dark and gothic feel. Maybe you could also stand to give some color to the inquistors robes, just to help him stand out from the rest of the machinery.

Just my 2 cents.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat May 08, 2010 9:20 am

Holy Cow Roy! It's a good looking piece of plastic. I know Kit bashing is your thing, but you're painting is very nice as well. Good suff.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sat May 08, 2010 10:46 am

Repaint the wax seals so they are completly covered (Looks like you just red waxed the centers and the edges are scroll covered in the pics) and highlight your scroll work and you got my vote;) thats the only thing I'm not digging so far.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:29 pm

The metal paint effect looks convincing, the wreathed effect is very good. I agree some highlighting to make the edges stand out would be nice, but be very careful it could also ruin the whole paint job.

Excellent conversion!
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down