The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TKs in 8th Edition.

+2
Kyle
luis the young
6 posters

Go down

TKs in 8th Edition. Empty TKs in 8th Edition.

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:23 am

You know, i thought my TKs would get fucked by 8th ed, but they actually benefit from it in several points.
I can now fit the Casket of souls and 2 Catapults with the 25% for Rares.
Specials are fine, i can take what i always take.
Core is good since what i normally take meets the requirements perfectly.
We gained access to 2 more ward saves from the items in the book.
The magic system pretty much doesnt affect us at all, we can rule the Magic phase, even more so than before cause now we may actually gain more dispell dice.
Our chariots cant be insta-killed anymore !
And Catapults became that much more accurate and deadly !

I havent read much into the book yet, but so far what ive seen sounds like is gonna make our army stronger.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

TKs in 8th Edition. Empty Re: TKs in 8th Edition.

Post by Kyle Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Have to also see if the rumored faqs come out that will update all armies for 8th edition.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:38 pm

You can actually get the casket, a bone giant, and 2 catapults into a 2250 game! Large groups of core get a bump, especially spearmen in a horde.

However, I think you are overlooking one key new rule - Indomitable

If you have more ranks, then your stubborn. That is VERY BAD for chariots, bone giants, ushabti, carrion, and scorpions - all who enter combat with no ranks. Regardless of damage and rolls, your chance to break the enemy is capped at around 33% in these circumstance.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Well, i thought units of multi-wound models get ranks based on their wounds, or something like that. Do flank charges negate ranks like before ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:53 pm

luis the young wrote:Well, i thought units of multi-wound models get ranks based on their wounds, or something like that. Do flank charges negate ranks like before ?

They specified that ogre-sized models (I forget their term, if it's any different) rank up 3 wide and get full attacks for the first and second rank. Only the first stomps.

Flank charges/rear charges will 'disrupt' the unit (denying them ranks for combat resolution, not for steadfastness) as long as the unit is 2 ranks of 5 models or more (I'm sure it's 2 ranks for 3 for ogre-sized models). Light units (most skirmishers) can not disrupt a unit, only gain the rear-charge/flank-charge bonus.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:11 pm

You need 2 ranks to DISRUPT and deny rank bonus.

"Ogre Sized" get ranks at 3 wide, so you'd need 6 chariots or ushabti in 2 ranks to disrupt on the flank.

As C pointed out, the ranks would still count for holding in combat.

Basicly anything that does not have ranks will have a hard time breaking a ranked up unit. Monsters, monster mounted heros, and ALL CAV units will need ranked support from their own side to consistantly break ranked units. If fielded in a unit of 10+, only the cav can hold flank now.

Mix that with the new Dead or Fled scoring rules and it seems like BIG units are the wave of the future. Now where can I get my hands on 120 cheap chaos marauders?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:18 pm

I thought chariots qualify as "ogre size" a unit of 3 chariots is 3 wide, so they should benefit from that rank rule??
TKs are the only ones that get chariots in ranks.
Dammit, cant wait to get the book so i can read the damn thing.!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Your chariots would count, but if your facing a goblin horde of say, 5 ranks deep, your gonna need like 20 chariots in that to remove their stubborn.

It's a HUGE hit to Calvary, chariots, monsters, etc.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by King Hiss Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:41 pm

So my massive all infantry army of WOC would then work and it really helps out if blocks of marauders are stubborn but saurus warriors gonna be a bigger pain

King Hiss
Traitor Guardsman

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:11 am

The whole game is revamped. It's a brilliant strategy move, but I'm still undecided if I'm going to want to play the edition or not. A lot of tactical elements that we used to enjoy MAY be gone.

Warhammer of the Ring... a nice title Bill!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:20 am

More ranks = stubborn, so you'd never have enough chariot ranks to eliminate that. You best bet is to run them in unranked and maximize impact hits. The problem is you'll more than likely get stuck in extended combat, which is never good for chariots.

8Ed clearly states Codex>Rulebook, so TK magic may be very powerful.
If it works like now - you'd certainly get spells off each round. Plus no risk to miscast is HUGE! If they limit you to the dice rolled each turn - that would be a huge nerf.

3 WEEKS TO GO!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Are they planning on releasing the FAQs when they 'release' the book?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:23 pm

The rumor is that each faction will get a separate faq to bring them up to 8th ed. So things will possibly change.

They did this with 40k when 4th ed came out, every army got a faq, but we probably won't see this till closer or after the 8th edition book is officially released.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Every army gets an FAQ update on July 10th to go witrh the release of the new rule book.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down