The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your 7th to 8th Edition army changes...

+10
xxbloodfirexx
jspyd3rx
luis the young
Garm
Hurricane
Kyle
KingdomCome
ShadowMaster
Vycem
The Eldar Guy
14 posters

Go down

Your 7th to 8th Edition army changes... Empty Your 7th to 8th Edition army changes...

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:09 am

I broke down and bought a box of warriors. All my fantasy stuff is down in Miami except my second Hydra(that I already finished painting) and my paints. I will be picking up three more (or more) when next I am in Miami (SciFi city is too expensive). What kind of changes do you think you'd make to your lists?

For Dark Elves I think I'm simply going to swap out all the shades and assassins for crossbowmen and maybe another level 2 sorceress.

Also:
I went to the midnight 8th Ed. release at SciFi City up here in Orlando. They had a raffle for the new book- a friend and I bought a ticket each. The guy that one it bought 30 tickets out of the 70 or so sold (would have sucked had didn't score the book).

They also had a 8th ed. tournament going on, and it was pretty interesting talking to the guys and seeing the armies people were playing. I think people were right when they said we were pretty hardcore in Miami... Vampire Counts placed 1st vs HElves.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Your 7th to 8th Edition army changes... Empty Re: Your 7th to 8th Edition army changes...

Post by Vycem Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:40 am

My ogres are going in units of 6. No more 3-4 unit MSU, it's just more maneuverable to have less units 3 wide (or maybe 4 with char, still deciding).

Empire cat sez "moar artillery!"

Wood elves got some eternal guard and now will wait in a shelf until I can get some goddamn skirmish movement trays, as skirmishers are a royal pain in the ass to move around now.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Your 7th to 8th Edition army changes... Empty Re: Your 7th to 8th Edition army changes...

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:40 am

LM
I have 80 core models, so no issues here. Not sure I'll ever run the Carni over the Slann again. That 2nd OOP metal Steggy I picked up might not be needed. Init sucks in this army, not sure how playable they are outside of the Slann.

TK
I've been beefing up my core since the build rumors were confirmed, so I'm ready to roll. Still hoping for a new book soon - but I can run this army.

WE
My completed Drycha list is not playable.... I need more core. My whole army is backwards as 32 Dryads, 24 wardancers, and 12 waywatchers all seem useless. I don't have any EG. My treekin are expensive conversions I can't land 4 more of and I'm one treeman short of the 3 you'll want. These are going on ebay.

DoC
My completed Wall of Nurgle took a huge hit. I have enough models to make legal lists; however, I don't think I have exactly what I would want. I need to play test some options before I make any moves.

Empire
LOL - yeah..... these guys will be fine. I didn't expect a bump up the power curve, but I got one as the gunners, canons, stanks, and pistols all got better. GW clearly loves the Empire.

I'm converting my WoTR Gondor ghost army into a WoC build.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:58 am

Since I will be playing this edition:
Orgres-Tears..... At least we can field slaughter masters!

Tomb Kings- Holy Hell! The casket got redonkulicous. Other than that.... it's still skeletons....
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:03 am

The Eldar Guy wrote:
They also had a 8th ed. tournament going on, and it was pretty interesting talking to the guys and seeing the armies people were playing. I think people were right when they said we were pretty hardcore in Miami... Vampire Counts placed 1st vs HElves.

I think I mentioned it to you, and others, you need to get to some of these tournaments. It's eye opening to see where you are skill wise against a large pool of people. The old addage is true, steel sharpens steel. I just think we need to work on some of our lists.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Dumping my little cav units, going to be adding more warmachines to the army as they can do more damage now and more troops will be seen on the fields now.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:51 pm

Oh yeah, definitely taking out the fast cav.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:28 pm

No more Cold Ones Cavalry... they'll all be dead by the time it's their turn to attack even if they charge
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Cav work, just in units of 10 and not 5. You can run them wide to hit the horde or run them in 2 ranks to break a flank.

Everything in 8Ed is bigger. Bigger infantry blocks. Bigger horse lines. Bigger canon blasts. Bigger spells.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Garm Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Bigger blocks for me, as well. 40-strong ungor spear-horde! Changing my gors from extra hand weapons to shields, to get some parry saves.

Also, the FAQ says I can have a scouting wizard in a chariot. So it's happening.
Garm
Garm
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 137
Armies : 40k: Orks, Dark Eldar - Fantasy: Beastmen
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Well, in my case.

Tomb Kings
I got all i need, was actually thinking on converting my Skeletons with hand weapon shield to Spears. With Setra now an option at 2500 points, i may need a few more Heavy Calv models. Gotta grab me 2 more Ushabti also.

Orc & Goblins
I am gooood to go here, i got so much green stuff i can make anything work with them, just need 3 more Trolls

Bretonians
Well, got enough Knights, but all my flyng options went down the toilet with the change to flyers, i can stil lmake them work, maybe grab me nother box of man-at-arms

Dwarves
Good to go here, can make a horde block of warriors 30 strong and got 20 hammerers and 20 long beards with enough arti support.

Skaven
Need Rat Ogres, and the Furnace took a big hit, no ward save and really low Ini is gonna see it dead against most things it charges. 2 cannons and DoomWheel = nasty. Im gonna have to convert 40 clanrats to carry spears.

luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:07 am

KingdomCome wrote:Since I will be playing this edition:
Orgres-Tears..... At least we can field slaughter masters!

Tomb Kings- Holy Hell! The casket got redonkulicous. Other than that.... it's still skeletons....

You have to understand how TK work. TK actually got quite a bump. By leaving TK magic unchanged, they will be really tough to contain in the magic phase. All TK spells are very good and when they go off, good things happen.

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:07 am

Am I reading something wrong, or did Scorpions gain Thunderstomp?
That's just totally sick! I need 4 more!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:01 pm

You guys have to bring this stuff on Wednesdays if ya can (usually only day I can play anything). I think there is enough room now for both games on that day. It can be a GW gameday. I really want in on this bandwagon.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Garm Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:06 pm

I usually bring my armies for both games on Wednesday. Jump on this wagon, son.
Garm
Garm
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 137
Armies : 40k: Orks, Dark Eldar - Fantasy: Beastmen
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by xxbloodfirexx Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:37 am

I have to make some lists for my 8th ed army. How many points do you usually play?

xxbloodfirexx
Neophyte

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:40 am

2500 Rob
625 minimum in core
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxbloodfirexx Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Man, I see alot of painting in my future. Well Ill be there wednesday with my fantasy

xxbloodfirexx
Neophyte

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 pm

I've already made a deal with Bill to by all his WOC infantry. Knights list is no good anymore. May try the Troll list... I've got 15 of them. Kolek now has 7 strength 8 attacks, plus d6 thunderstomp. holy crap. Giants are a better option also because of the negation of the Large Target rule for shooting.

Empire... don't need to make any changes.

Wood elves... we'll see. I want to see how the skirmishers have really been affected. Dryads are Initiative 6 after all... so how bad can they be ? May have to end up making tree kin.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:28 pm

High Elves: Not too much of a change, though I'm switching all of my Spearmen to Lotheren Sea Guard.

Empire: Just need to buy another rocket battery. Otherwise my list actually didn't change at all.

Bretonnians: This one is the weirdest. Dropping the peasants (at the moment) adding a couple more archers, and beefing up the Knight units. I may throw in some Grail Knights as a flanking unit (like 6 or so) but haven't decided yet.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get cavalry to work in this edition.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:11 pm

I have played a few games with the Brit. what I have done is use 2 or 3 large blocks of men at arms (30 to 40 5 a row 6 to 8 ranks) makes them steadfast and normally will take away the other army's stead fast due to rank bonus make sure you have a least one unit of knights with in 6 inches or a knight on foot to give you 12 inches. Take the knights in units from 6 to 9 with there movment you would be amazed at how many flank and rear charges you get off. The big block men at arms can tie up units some time 2 or 3 turns giving the knights time to get into position. A must is the stone thower and 2 units of 15+ bowman. I do not own the grail reliquae but I think with the new rules it will be stong and also the questing knights are also fixed now getting the +2 with great weapons again in this addition
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Yeah, I've got to play around with it and see what I do and don't like. We'll see what works. I've thought of your ideas though to be sure.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Rats not effected: globes are gone in place of cannons
Night Goblins: need to get trolls
Mortals: up the marauder units, build the khorne block, and more trolls and convert a troll king
Empire: nothing changed for me besides be using more mortars now...
Dark Elves: this just made my gun line list more nasty
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down