The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday's tournament

+6
Frantic
hyenadave
Hurricane
KingdomCome
Dakai
TheLimey
10 posters

Go down

Saturday's tournament Empty Saturday's tournament

Post by TheLimey Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:10 am

So, great turnout last Saturday.

Even though I could only manage one game (my gig that night went great) I had a good time.

What was the end result?
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Saturday's tournament Empty Re: Saturday's tournament

Post by Dakai Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:58 pm

i had a blast
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:20 pm

I heard it was a good time for all. Sadly Orlando came down and represented on our home soil. First, second, and third were out of towners. I'm looking foward to actually attending one of the FoW tourneys in the future.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:22 am

Next time I'm taking the night off and not doing 30+ hours of being awake Idea
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:24 am

Hurricane wrote:Next time I'm taking the night off and not doing 30+ hours of being awake Idea

I heard you were a Zombie! LOL! Can't blame the dice gods when delirium sets in, right Eric?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Saturday's tournament Empty Winning lists?

Post by hyenadave Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:00 am

What lists were the top armies? And why do you guys think the out of towners did so well?

hyenadave
Neophyte

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:13 am

Tourney was great. Thanks to Dan for running it and everyone who brought their terrain. We had some real nice tables!
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:22 am

A few of us down here don't play that often.

I think I've played 5 games over three tournaments in the last year, and brought a brand new army to play this time. One day, I'll even get to play a full tournament... Rolling Eyes

Nate played in his first tournament as well.

Mind, I'd like to see the full results, as Luis' penal horde was on two wins when I had to leave.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is when is the next tournament?
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:28 am

hyenadave wrote:What lists were the top armies? And why do you guys think the out of towners did so well?

The out of towners ran a "are we hardcore" poll on FoW and decided to come down to Miami to school the noobs.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 am

Well, I would have won all the games If I didn't keep losing them all! Smile

But those fellows from Orlando where cool despite the fact they came down here just to pick on noobs such as myself. It was all good in the end because one of them gave me their winnings... and now my 1750pt Canadian Armored Recce Squadron is complete!
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:33 am

They had some tough lists. I brought my Penal Battalion and won my first 2 games 5-2 and 4-3 ( FU Rufus! ).
I think my last game was to decide first place, but my full infantry force faced their worst nightmare ... 23 Soviet T-34/85 tanks. Needles to say, bad deployment of the objectives on my part and 40+ machine gun shots a turn over 8 turns saw my poor soldiers D E D .. Ded ! My anti tank range is 4 inches, well.... i didnt get that close .... I lost that one 6-1, i kept on landing artillery shots on his tanks, but he passed every single one of his saves, and the 2 that he missed, i failed my firepower test.

I went from contender for first place, to 8th ! They were a bunch of cool dudes though.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 pm

luis the young wrote: They had some tough lists. I brought my Penal Battalion and won my first 2 games 5-2 and 4-3 ( FU Rufus! ).
I think my last game was to decide first place, but my full infantry force faced their worst nightmare ... 23 Soviet T-34/85 tanks. Needles to say, bad deployment of the objectives on my part and 40+ machine gun shots a turn over 8 turns saw my poor soldiers D E D .. Ded ! My anti tank range is 4 inches, well.... i didnt get that close .... I lost that one 6-1, i kept on landing artillery shots on his tanks, but he passed every single one of his saves, and the 2 that he missed, i failed my firepower test.

I went from contender for first place, to 8th ! They were a bunch of cool dudes though.

Didn't you guys forget about the Area terrain on the board? Your guys were running through a pretty densely packed board of forests. That and some smoke should have given you time enough to get up close.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Yeah, to bad we dont get smoke Smile Penal batalion barely gets any support, and the only ones that get smoke is the Sapper Battalion.
I used the terrain, but i was the attacker, so he just sat back as i advanced and shoot...move back..shoot..move back and so on. with 26 stands per company is pretty hard to find enough terrain to hide in Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:20 pm

luis the young wrote: Yeah, to bad we dont get smoke Smile Penal batalion barely gets any support, and the only ones that get smoke is the Sapper Battalion.
I used the terrain, but i was the attacker, so he just sat back as i advanced and shoot...move back..shoot..move back and so on. with 26 stands per company is pretty hard to find enough terrain to hide in Smile

Oh shii... that's right, no smoke for you. Hmm... I meant well, at least. Wink
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:43 am

I'll post full results tomorrow, the last round going into it had a 4-way tie for 1st place, and both of those games went 6-1, leaving the top 2 secure and the 3rd place coming out of the ranks.

1st place was Russian Tanks
2nd place was German Tanks (Devils and Dogs)
3rd place was American Paras (Hell's Highway)

More details later on!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:49 am

The Russians were a list from Hammer and Sickle. Recognised it from the two captured Panthers
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:21 am

scurrdi wrote:I'll post full results tomorrow, the last round going into it had a 4-way tie for 1st place, and both of those games went 6-1, leaving the top 2 secure and the 3rd place coming out of the ranks.

1st place was Russian Tanks
2nd place was German Tanks (Devils and Dogs)
3rd place was American Paras (Hell's Highway)

More details later on!

Couldn't of gone to 4th place, could you? ;P
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:21 am

Yep, is actually one i had planned on taking, but i didnt habe the book, and was short 12 T-34/85s Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:40 am

i look forward to more games i really enjoyed my first event and i most say i really enjoyed the HG Panzer list. i never got a chance to use the razor wire. for those that do not my Panzer 3M count as pioneer supply trucks...i forgot completely about my infantry in the first game, assaulted turn one in the second game, and the third i tired to pull it off a second time and well yea....i rolled like crap... but i was the only one to knock out a King Tiger...that was sweet....i had like a whole tank platoon of 4 tanks plus the commander attempting to get around one of them. it was scary. Oh and i think Tigers are great in the fact that people shot a lot of things at it them and left my 11 other tanks alone. I will thank eric for helping me out and don thanks for the tanks. Most also say it is a far better game then 40k.....
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 am

Dakai wrote: Most also say it is a far better game then 40k.....

Couldn't agree more. Happy to see new people playing.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:37 am

Nate, good game. I'm sure you will pick up the game quickly. Glad I could help you.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:18 am

It's not that you forgot the infantry, Nate, it's just they spent half the game bogging down in the river.
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down