The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament.

+7
Warlord Solskritt
feen039
Forcefed24
Ovich
The Eldar Guy
luis the young
rokassan
11 posters

Go down

We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament.

We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament. Vote_lcap57%We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament. Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 8 ]
We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament. Vote_lcap43%We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament. Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament. Empty We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament.

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:02 am

Who believes we should use 5th edition for this 40k tournament on Saturday. If we dont then I feel I should be able to use the previous Chaos codex since a new edition coming out means nothing.Even if your not playing lets have your opinion. Twisted Evil
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament. Empty Re: We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament.

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:16 am

look at it this way bill, if you use 5th for the tourney turns are just gonna take forever since people are not familiar with those rules yet. Do you wanna spend 1 hour per turn with someone that dosnt know the rules ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament. Empty Re: We should use 5th Edition for Saturdays Tournament.

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:21 am

We really should have taken a poll. Now with the tourney only two days from now... I don't know man.

Although, I'm all for 3e. Let me go get my Eldar Craftworld Codex. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:22 am

I dont care. Th new rules arent that complicated. Theres a cheat sheet that came in a white dwarf. I guess the tournament shouldnt have been held so close to the release of the new edition.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:23 am

The Eldar Guy wrote:We really should have taken a poll. Now with the tourney only two days from now... I don't know man.

Although, I'm all for 3e. Let me go get my Eldar Craftworld Codex. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You see my point though. Perhaps I feel the way I do because my gaming time is limited and Id prefer not to waste it on 4th edition. Did this happen with 7th edition Fantasy?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:29 am

You're only thinking about what you want Bill because you've been sitting there with your copy of 5th , that you got way before everyone else. . Recognize the fact that 5th edition has not been played adequately in the normal setting. People who've not had the rule book, who didn't by the ammo crate or the hardcover that Joel ran out of, don't know the rules well enough yet. The judge doesn't know all the rules as well as 4th yet.. If the rule book had been released a month ago, Id say do the tournament in 5th edition... but I think you need to respect Max's decision, as the tournament organizer to have the tournament in the 4th edition. If you don't like it.. run your own tournament.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:45 am

I think it'll make the tourney into a clusterfuck.....nobody is familiar with the rules yet. Learning the new rules DURING a Tournament won't work.

Sorry Bill, you wanted honest opinions.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:49 am

Ovich wrote:You're only thinking about what you want Bill because you've been sitting there with your copy of 5th , that you got way before everyone else. . Recognize the fact that 5th edition has not been played adequately in the normal setting. People who've not had the rule book, who didn't by the ammo crate or the hardcover that Joel ran out of, don't know the rules well enough yet. The judge doesn't know all the rules as well as 4th yet.. If the rule book had been released a month ago, Id say do the tournament in 5th edition... but I think you need to respect Max's decision, as the tournament organizer to have the tournament in the 4th edition. If you don't like it.. run your own tournament.

Its not a question of respect. I respect Max. Im voicing my opinion(is that ok with you?) and there are some who agree. Last time I checked I was allowed to do that...no need to get pissy. I dont see you or Max hesitate to voice your opinions about whatever you like. You dont need to be condisending. Im not one of your patients. I know exactly why Id like to use the new rules...their infinitley better. DOnt worry Stephan Im gonna show up no matter what and have a good time and ensure everyone else to associates with me does...and Ill be nice to Max.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:50 am

Forcefed24 wrote:I think it'll make the tourney into a clusterfuck.....nobody is familiar with the rules yet. Learning the new rules DURING a Tournament won't work.

I respect that and appreciate you not being condisending. Your probably right. Lets drop it.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:53 am

Max forget what I said. Im being a rabblerouser. Your right Im wrong. Lets end this conversation before it gets heated...I can feel my blood pressure going up and Im going to Liberty city to patrol today(seriously) and dont need to go agitated.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by feen039 Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Rokassan wrote:Max forget what I said. Im being a rabblerouser. Your right Im wrong. Lets end this conversation before it gets heated...I can feel my blood pressure going up and Im going to Liberty city to patrol today(seriously) and dont need to go agitated.

It is not a matter of being right or wrong. From your perspective you felt that it was better to play with the new rules, since 5th is now the official rulebook. So far I know 2 people that are pro 5th. In the other like it was mentioned not all the players participating in the event on Saturday have the rules (including myself), and the tourney will take 4ever.

PS. Sorry Ray.
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 218
Armies : Eldar, High Elves, Salamanders
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Its not a question of respect. I respect Max.

I didn't say anything about respecting Max... I just said you should respect his decision being that he had already expressed how he was using 4th more than once.

and maybe you can explain to me how you think I was being condescending.

I was telling like it is, just like Phil.... but I don't see you getting mad at him.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

4th all the way! I don't have the $ for the rulebook yet and I'm probably just gonna wait 'till the starter set comes out to get the smaller rulebook that comes in it.Besides,even if I did have the rulebook,I would still say 4th 'cause the new edition only came out like 5 days ago if I'm not mistaken.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:04 pm

Lord knows I hate to agree with Phil and Stephan on this one but Wink I have to agree that it is hard enough for those guys that know the rules to try then out for the first time under fire in a tournamnet.

Now emagine the headache of including the snot-nosed numbnut kids what usually show up that don't know the rules that have been out for 5 years to begin with.

I think that would truly be wasting your time.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Forcefed24 wrote:I think it'll make the tourney into a clusterfuck.....nobody is familiar with the rules yet. Learning the new rules DURING a Tournament won't work.

YAY a voice of reason!!!

Look at the poll the votes say it all. 4th ed!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:51 pm

Rokassan wrote:...I can feel my blood pressure going up and Im going to Liberty city to patrol today(seriously) and dont need to go agitated.

Liberty City? Lovely place in the middle of summer. Have fun. albino
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:15 am

Ill be there Max with bells and whistles. Stephan dont worry about it, its all shit talk I still love you. Telling me Im only thinking of myself and run my own tourney...that flustered me. Its over we're all good.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:25 am

I say we brawl it out and last man standing decides. lol!

Seriously, I myself would rather use the new rules but it is also a great fact and point that the rules did just come out. Joel did run out of books and since ebay is a bad word (LOL!), players have not had a chance to purchase the book. The next tournament however, should be held in 5th; which max did already state that it would be. cheers

Oh, one question to everyone, what is Collin's screen name? I have some Templar information that he may or may not have. Secret codex stuff between Templars (hehehehe) and the new 5th edition rules.
Oh, who else plays Templars? I beleive Andre did right? but I don't know his screen name either Sad
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 66
Armies : Black Templar
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:58 pm

Templars blow cock. Your not even a first founding chapter like the Deathguard and Emperors Children.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Rokassan wrote:Templars blow cock. Your not even a first founding chapter like the Deathguard and Emperors Children.

I like the templars personally...I think they get altogether too much cool crap with the vows and whatnot, not cheesy, just jealous.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:12 am

They are cool. Just talking shit.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:15 pm

Well.......I GOT THE NEW RULEBOOK!!!!!!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down