The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to South Florida, New to Flames of War, Not new to Gaming

+8
TheLimey
Motormanmpd
Frantic
Hurricane
Vycem
ShadowMaster
KingdomCome
Mikey
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New to South Florida, New to Flames of War, Not new to Gaming - Page 2 Empty Re: New to South Florida, New to Flames of War, Not new to Gaming

Post by Frantic Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:19 am

Yes, as I was building it I was thinking "This is going to be very fun against Caesars's Army. Only problem is, I have no artillery at all for now...but I do have 14 Shermans and they are all part of Recce teams Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

New to South Florida, New to Flames of War, Not new to Gaming - Page 2 Empty Re: New to South Florida, New to Flames of War, Not new to Gaming

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:20 am

Holy crap, Jerry - nice job spelling my name spot on. Much appreciated.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:38 pm

Autarch (CM) wrote:Holy crap, Jerry - nice job spelling my name spot on. Much appreciated.

Well crud! You never corrected anybody so I kept running with it. My name is Cesar as well not Ceaser. White people! I swear! lol!
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:41 pm

KingdomCome wrote:
Autarch (CM) wrote:Holy crap, Jerry - nice job spelling my name spot on. Much appreciated.

Well crud! You never corrected anybody so I kept running with it. My name is Cesar as well not Ceaser. White people! I swear! lol!

Well, it's kind of rude to scold someone "You didn't spell my name right herp-derp!". So I positively reinforce folks spelling my name right. Very Happy
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Mikey wrote:I've decided to play Late War SS (Because it seems most people are playing Late War) and while Germany seems to be a popular faction, I haven't encountered anyone who plays the SS exclusively.

I want to play a Panzer Company with adequate infantry support, so not just tanks.

I picked up the River of Heroes Book, it has two nice SS PAnzer lists, the Wiking Division and the Totenkompf division, I really like the latter.

I have read the rules but I am still prying through them, I figure I'll have a good grasp after I have a game or two under my belt.

I teach at Booker T. Washington High School, I teach 12th grade AP Literature and European History.

Right now I am just scouring ebay for a good deal on miniatures, hopefully I'll have some by weeks end.

Mike check out the Cobra book. It has The 2nd SS(Das Reich),12th SS Hitlerjugen Divisions. Ive been playing since 2004. Ive got Midwar Italians(Bersaglieri), and Late War U.S. Para's, Grossdeutchland Armor Panzergrenadiers and Ive just started a 2nd SS Das Reich Panzergrenadier company. In Novermber the Budapest Campaign book will be released...more SS companies to choose from.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:00 pm

"In Novermber the Budapest Campaign book will be released...more SS companies to choose from."

Really? Holy crap, I'm actually really psyched about that.

Not so much the SS, but Late War Hungarians, whoo!

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Yes that will be cool. Id like to see what the Hungarians will look like.I know they had tigers and Panzer IV's.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikey Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Played my first (semi) game yesterday and I had a blast! Got my first company (SS - PanzerGrenadiers) and they are about to be painted.

Huge Thanks to Cesar and Mike for showing me the ropes yesterday... You guys are awesome, really great conversation and very patient I really appreciate it.

Let me share a thought, coming from a new guy in Miami. I grew up playing these games in NY in a small hobby shop (not unlike Sunshine but much smaller) with a group of friends I still keep to this day. We always had a good time but there were always people who made the games more arduous than they needed to be.... guys who eventually we avoided.

I gotta say my initial reaction to this group is really really encouraging... every single person I've met has been forthcoming with good information and a friendly disposition, I Don't get a bad vibe from ANYONE. I'd really like to compliment everyone on their demeanor, this seems like a great group of gamers and I look forward to participating with such great company.
Mikey
Mikey
Neophyte

Male
Number of posts : 26
Armies : Empire/Germans
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Your quite welcome sir. Many a plastic sherman was spewing imaginary smoke thanks to you and Cesar. I'm glad you don't think we are big time assholes Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:26 am

He hasn't met Rufus yet....
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:01 am

KingdomCome wrote:He hasn't met Rufus yet....

or Shadow........ no wait! DOH!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:14 am

Hehe...

No worries Mike, glad you enjoyed your first game!

The SS Panzers are a good list to play with. I've seen them in many a competitive tournament and their special rules are pretty fantastic. You combine that with the awesome painting options available and history behind them, you've got a great force.

I forewarn you though that tactically they will be a challenge to play. You'll be short on troops almost always, and that always causes problems. Just keep it in mind.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2