The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And it begins

+3
KingdomCome
rokassan
Carlos
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

And it begins Empty And it begins

Post by Carlos Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:00 pm

So with my brother's newfound fervor into joining the ranks of Warhammer Fantasy, I do the same to kick his ass at every turn lol!

At any rate, I've been looking at the mechanics for this edition of Fantasy and I have to say if there is one army I've completely fallen in love with its Wood Elves. That said, anyone looking to sell extra wood elf bits <---Wtb

Any suggestions on the new up and coming game of Fantasy for me?
*Sidenote: As for 40k, I'll keep my armies but I doubt I'll play as much. I've played the game for too long and I'm honestly getting a bit bored of it.
Carlos
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 113
Armies : Blood Angels and Wood Elves
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

And it begins Empty Re: And it begins

Post by rokassan Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Now youll have three game systems to play.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Yup! Dumbing it down to two for the time being, gonna focus on FOW and Fantasy
Carlos
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Got a box of Stuka's for FoW if your interested.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm finishing up a squad of Focke Wulfe that I got from a hobby store, thanks for the offer though!
Carlos
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 pm

rokassan wrote:Got a box of Stuka's for FoW if your interested.

Shameless self promoting!
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:20 pm

Had to drink the FOW kool aid. Damn.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:58 am

Why dont you try it out so you dont burn yourself out on 40k like so many have.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:10 am

No way, models are too small. BTW, FoW has been cancelled and you have to turn in your models.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:51 pm

rokassan wrote:Why dont you try it out so you dont burn yourself out on 40k like so many have.

It's like you know my thoughts! You must be.... my soulmate affraid !
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:57 pm

I haven't even been playing for a year. I am full on into it. This following year should be fantasy for me. I rarely have time to paint one army let alone play three games.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:47 pm

GW will price you out of 40k(4 armies,most painted) and Fantasy(1 giant Orc/Goblin army...painted). Just give them time. I do love 40k and Fantasy...just cant stand how the company is run. Just so you dont think Im a hater.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:48 pm

It's ok, I don't think you are a hater, I "know" you are. That FoW kooaid is nothing but haterade. Jk. Anyway, price hasn't been a concern and I really still feel new to 40k. It is all still shining for me. Enjoying the novels, games and minatures. There are still plenty of different ways to play 40k, it just truly seems no one wants to give anything a try. It seemed a lot of folks were happy with battle missions when they came out. But when folks started to imagine they might be at a disadvantage (no matter how small), they didn't bother with it. That is the main problem at the moment I see with 40k in our group. Everyone wants their army list to pwn everyone else and if they lose, you don't see them as often. Yes, our club is very tourny minded, but losing is a part of it. Just because you lose doesn't mean the system is broken. Anyway, sorry for the rant, had to get it out. I haven't even played most of the FoW players who said they are burnt out on 40k.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Theres broken shit in all games, one of the big problems is that 40k especially was taken over many years ago by the highly competitive players who almost turned it into a sport. You tend to find more casual and fun having players playing other games just fine but for 40k it has to be all "standardized and fair", with the tourny build mentality in full gear.

The community more than anything has killed 40k for many people, not GW. You still find people who can play the game and just have fun with the hobby, but in some areas the more competitive tourny-tard mentality dominates.

Playing other games is good for a person, it helps a person from getting bored playing the same thing over and over again which generally happens to everyone at some point no matter what it is they are doing. Trying different things is good, I don't think anyone should dedicate themselves to one game system.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:11 pm

True, hence why I am trying fantasy next. Though I am sure everyone plays to win. Folks just need to realize it is ok to lose. Just let me know when anyone wants to try Infinity or Warmachin/Hordes. Those systems I would really get I to. I hear that Warmachine is actually the most balanced system and developers stay very well connected to their community. Unlike a certain British game company.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Thats why i change armies evry few months, that way i can keep the game fresh !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Warmachine is far from the most balanced game ever, pure lies.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Kyle wrote:Warmachine is far from the most balanced game ever, pure lies.

You want a balanced game, play Chess.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:42 pm

luis the young wrote:
Kyle wrote:Warmachine is far from the most balanced game ever, pure lies.

You want a balanced game, play Chess.

Pretty much.

People like to try to force and play 40k especially like some kind of tourny level game and have safe balanced scenarios and set ups of terrain. It's pointless, wargames are just not meant to be balanced as war itself is not balanced. You want balance you have to have very tight rules and highly constrained play conditions. Board games where everything is preset and everyone is equal are pretty much the only truly balanced games.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:42 pm

When is this "chess" played? It is it expensive to start a chess army? When is it played at Joel's and are there tournies for it?
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:39 pm

I agree, Ive noticed the 40k environment it soley based on tournaments and winning. It wasnt like that back in the day when I was childless and a Wednesday regular. Back then it was a relaxed atmosphere. We were there to play and have fun. Youd try out different lists for your army just for the fluff and fun of it. Now its win at all costs. All of these nice supplements are available and nobody wants to use them...Planet Strike,Cities of Death and Battle Missions. God forbid you mention Apocpalypse. When I play I play to relax and hang out with my friends, not to get stressed out and want to punch my opponent in the face. The FoW group is layed back and we play for enjoyment and you cant really cheese your list. If it can be fielded it is historically accurate. For example you can field a Tiger Tank Mid War(1942-1943), but out of the 1750 points you have it'll cost you 385 points. Plus they are stll vunerable to heavy artillery and air power. I still like 40k and Id play a lot more of everything if life didnt get in the way.

Last edited by rokassan on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 pm

I have an unopened Cryx army if anyone is interested in Warmachine.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:45 pm

I'm broken I'm sorry.
Carlos
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:47 pm

Look, my goal is to somehow find a way to make wood elves insanely broken I will spend the next couple of days in Tactica mode.
Carlos
Carlos
Traitor Guardsman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:28 am

Wood Elves all look like chicks, even the men. Twisted Evil
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next