The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lizardmen vs Gobbos 8th Ed.

4 posters

Go down

Lizardmen vs Gobbos 8th Ed.  Empty Lizardmen vs Gobbos 8th Ed.

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Luis and I met up for a game tonight. We killed the rules! We played alot of things wrong. But we had fun and it was a draw. The highlight of the game was when my Slann cast Dwellers below with irresistable force on his generals unit. I rolled a 7 and nuked 12 of my 15 temple guard with a strength 10 hit. They all died. He lost about 15 goblins which isnt that much but he did lose his Special Character General. Snag?? or something like that. Fun game. I like the rules so far.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Lizardmen vs Gobbos 8th Ed.  Empty Re: Lizardmen vs Gobbos 8th Ed.

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:57 am

Snikrot. I'm picking up the book tomorrow.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:08 am

Yeah, it was fun, im liking the rules so far...the ones we got right anyways Smile

I used Skarnsnik, and for the first time his delay tactics worked great ! 3 of his units were delayed!
We got the dispel dice wrong, we kept on thinking it was the LOWER die rolled as dispell, lol, no wonder it was so hard to stop magic with 2-3 dice !

I tell you what, the Slann is a casting powerhouse with his free die, he pretty much gets 5 free power dice on top of whatever you roll.

OMFG the miscast table is so damn nasty, and the lores of magic are sick, that last spell from the Lore of life ..evryone on the target unit takes a Strength test or DIES, no saves of ANY kind..sick.

My Gobbos actually held pretty well ! even though we got a bunch of shit wrong, lol.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:08 pm

The Slann is certainly going to be one of the main casting powerhouses in the game. Knowing any lore allows for customization to the opponent. The free dice per spell will guarentee you'll be able to constantly overload on your opponent and get spells off. Throw in a Cupped Hands of the Cold Ones and pass your first nasty miscast over to your opponent's mage.

Yes..... 8Ed Slann are super nasty.

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:32 pm

How will our Orc/Goblins fair Luis?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Well, this are the changes that affect us.

1- ALL of our Night Goblins now have a 6+ ward in combat cause they come with weapon+shield
2- Is easy to go Horde with gobbos so pretty much guaranteed Stubborn and we can use our generals LD. This helps lots cause LD was always a prob for us, and gobbos dont win much fights.
3- NGs Initiative is not bad at 3, so we strike before several other factions.
4- The Waaagh miscast table is an angels kiss compared to the new regular miscast table.
5- With the new way power dice distribution works, the little waagh magic is a hell of a lot easier to cast. I was able to get every single spell that i was casting. Is time to load up on Gobbo mages!
6 - With the +1 to hit large targets gone, our spear chukkas take a hit, is hard to hit much on 5s
7 - Is time to switch from Giants to Trolls, a giant with his INI of 3 and the new way attacks work, is gonna get slaugthered if he charges anything with higher INI than him.
8- Use Trolls, they are crazy, 6 in a unit and go rape shit.
9- Spider Riders are good with their ability to ignore terrain and the new light calv rules.

Thats all i can think for now, busy at work. All in all, i think it made our army a bit more competitive again.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Great. Very Happy
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down