The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8Ed WHFB Tournament - Sunday, July 25th

+7
xxbloodfirexx
The Eldar Guy
scurrdi
Hurricane
ShadowMaster
luis the young
Dakai
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

8Ed WHFB Tournament  - Sunday, July 25th - Page 2 Empty Re: 8Ed WHFB Tournament - Sunday, July 25th

Post by Ovich Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:10 pm

The Stars have Aligned... The Cosmos has spoken...

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION TO COME !

So..

Im in.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

8Ed WHFB Tournament  - Sunday, July 25th - Page 2 Empty Re: 8Ed WHFB Tournament - Sunday, July 25th

Post by Ovich Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Hey Nate,

You may want to mention that the scenario entitled Blood and Glory, requires that armies the size we are playing with have at least 1 standard.

If not, the person would lose the game automatically.

The scenario says that armies of 2500 points have a breaking point of 3. You get 2 Fortituted points for having a general, and 1 for each standard in your army. So if you don't take at least 1 standard... your fortitude is already below the breaking point... which means you lose.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Hey Nate,

You may want to mention that the scenario entitled Blood and Glory, requires that armies the size we are playing with have at least 1 standard.

If not, the person would lose the game automatically.

The scenario says that armies of 2500 points have a breaking point of 3. You get 2 Fortituted points for having a general, and 1 for each standard in your army. So if you don't take at least 1 standard... your fortitude is already below the breaking point... which means you lose.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:51 pm

i have to say this to bad
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:53 pm

by the way i edit things constantly you should be flexible for that is why it is tournament and not a friendly game. but i removed the one about 3 days ago.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Ovich wrote:The Stars have Aligned... The Cosmos has spoken...

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION TO COME !

So..

Im in.

Damn, gonna have to bring my cheese army now, the Hebrew-Hammer is gonna make an appearance.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:37 pm

thinks are going to be kosher like some food i eat
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:20 pm

Holy crap, I think I can make it! Now I just need to hurry up and finish reading the damn book. Put me as a very strong maybe if all keeps going well.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:34 pm

and your name is
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:14 am

I'm Endre

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:14 pm

FUCK, I'm out. Motherfucking craigs list. People suck. Now I'm stuck dealing with left over furniture tomorrow. I was sooo close to having a free day too. Damn. Whatever, more time to get a practice game before jumping into a tourney.

Sorry man, I really wanted to make it.

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:50 pm

So how'd it go?
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:44 am

The Eldar Guy wrote:So how'd it go?

Setra list dont work to well in 8th edition Sad
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:10 am

Who won with what armies? Did anyone trample everybody?
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 am

I won with DoC (Khorne/Tz mix)
I had a massacre in round 1 in the pitch battle vs. Rob's (King Hiss) WoC

Minor victory in round 2 vs. Luis' Settra list. The Settra list was nasty (11 incantations which never fail or miscast), but terrain and the scenario played to me. Luis's Chariots can't attack the watch tower and half the board was a wall of forests and obstacles.

Solid victory in round 3 vs. Stephen's (Ovich) WoC Troll/Knight list. I was lucky as can be on turn 1 as I survived 2 miscasts on the lowest table roll (puppet/tongue) with no troops lost and both mages wounded, but alive. I think Steph over thought this one from the start and he tried to play defense with his steamrollar army. I was happy to let him stay back while I attacked with flamers and magic.

I believe Rob (xxbloodfirexx) was 2nd with High Elves. A huge comback as he started the day getting wasted by Mike's (Ronan) Dwarven war machine line from hell (IIRC).

I'm not sure who finished 3rd.

I made countless rule errors all day. I need more practice to get the new rules down.

Thanks to Nate for running the event!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:51 am

Setra is a beast, but his army composition, that he is forced to take, kills him. Half the army in Tomb Guard, Chariots and Heavy Cavalry ( heavy..lol) sucks, limits you very much on your specials and Rares.

The heavy cavalry is a joke, 276 of free kill points, is just crappy skeletons on Horses with horrible saves, this guys didnt earn their point cost not even once in all 3 games, not even half their point cost !
Tomb Guard are good solid infantry, but their armor saves suck, they are expensive, you can take max of 25 in a unit, and you can only have 3 units max at 2500 points.

Game 1 was vs Stephan (who will prob wont be able to play again for 2 years) got lucky on the first shot and killed Trogg with a catapult to the head..and then the Trolls hit. Whatever the Trolls hit died, the Heavy Calv got charged, he rolled like 17 inches or something, got wiped out on the charge. A unit of Tomb Guard got charged, he did like 13 wounds, saved all that i did back to him and then the TG crumbled to shit. I used Setra and my Prince on his chariot wrong here, first time using Setra and i shouldve gotten him faster into combat. Setra charged a unit of Trolls and killed them, and the Prince with his chariots was able to flank the other Troll unit and kill it also. But i could do a thng against his General and BSB in his Chaos Knight Unit of Doom. Minor loss for me here. ( bastard ...)

Game 2 was vs Bill and Demons. The terrain owned me, i was confined to about 20 inches of movement on the table cause over half of it was taken over by impassable terrain and dense woods. Tomb Guard proved impossible to dislodge from the Tower with raising them back and what not, repelled like 3 charges by the BloodThirster, but his flamers shot anything i had on their side to death, the Heavy Calv got owned again and Setra saw like no combat. His 2 mages were super lucky, 2 hits from the catapul, one failed to wound, the other one he saved Sad . This was a really tough game. Minor loss for me here.

Game 3 was vs Rob and his High Elves with Teclis...OMFG annoyingly long magic phases from the 2 of us, lol. Teclis pretty much shut down about 70% of my magic and i was able to stop most of his spells...cept that one where he made his Dragon Princes toughnes 7 ...... Those freaking elves held forever, i just couldnt killed them or stop that damn spell.
This ended a draw, we couldnt kill enough of each other.

Was a tough tournament, VERY long, i was tired when i got home !
Thanks Nate for running it.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2