The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empire List 8-th Ed

5 posters

Go down

Empire List 8-th Ed Empty Empire List 8-th Ed

Post by Dakai Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:20 am

Averland-2500
this is a fun list

Marshall Max Leitdorf: 189
Pistol, Sword of Power, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Talisman of Protection, Potion of Speed
*General of the Empire

Hans Gillman: 295
Level 4, lore of Fire
Luck Stone (empire version), Armour of Tarnus, Ruby Ring of Ruin

Captain Otto Van Solbak: 144
Battle Standard Bearer: Griffon Banner
Full Plate, Pistol

Father Jacob:138
2nd Warhammer, Heavy Armour
Icon of Magnus, Sigal of Sigmar

Kannonmeister, Albert Dunkel: 75
Repeater Pistol

James Amsel, Amethyst Mage: 115
Level 2, Lore of Death
Channeling Staff

Ajmer Hikmar: 110
Level 1, Lore of Light
Dispel Scroll, Ring of Volans

Averheim's Guard: 278
38 swordsmen, Full Command: Warbanner
Detachment: Averheim Halberds: 18 Halberdiers with Shields (6x3)-80

The Crimson Spears:248
38 Spearmen with Shield, Full Command
Detachment: Black Bolts: 10 crossbowmen-80

Riflemen of Southern Gate: 169
18 handguns, Marksman: Repeater handgun, musician

Marksmen of the Pass: 125
15 Crossbows, musician

Guns of Averland: 425
2 Cannons
3 Mortars

mind you this is fun army, but what do you guys think

Last edited by Dakai on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Empire List 8-th Ed Empty Re: Empire List 8-th Ed

Post by Dakai Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:21 am

if my german spelling is off my bad, i do not use it that much any more.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 pm

I like it, though it needs a flanking unit to support those huge blocks of infantry.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:32 pm

are you not using any detachments??

Do you find they do not work I am really think of building a empire army and trying to get some ideas
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:44 pm

I do. Both the Averheim's Guard an the Crimson Spears have Detachments. I find that they work about 50/50, you have to use them for a while to get hang of them. Now i used free company as well, but with the new edition i am not sure about free company over all. I think the best game i ever had with detachments is when the held up a unit of lances of Dans.

The reason of me using 18 halberds with the Averheim Guard. they are 38 strong. Captain Otto Van Solbak and Marshal Hans Leitdorf are usually in the unit. The idea is with the Griffon Banner I should have +9 to combat res. Now i cann't pursue with the Guard but the Halberds can!!!

The Crossbowmen with the Spears is there cause i picture that unit more as a defensive unit the swordsmen.

The other reason i use them is cause it saves on deployment. I have 6 things to deploy is huge!!! my Night Goblin army has like 12 things

Dan also uses detachments. He can give you some great input as well. Also what ones where you looking at??
Also it is Fluffy

Last edited by Dakai on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:46 pm

i would love getting at lest 3 hills with this list... lol! Twisted Evil
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks that info was helpful.

What is some of the units that you think you must have in an empire army to really make it work?

Do the outriders work good?

Mortors, gun lines, big glock units? what are your thoughts
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:34 am

outriders have not used them sense 5th ed. The fact that they are fast cav and they can not shoot sucks. I am not sure how the vanguard rule works with them but think about it you get a free 12 inch move then you blast the crap out of something, they charge you stand and shot again. you get like 15 S4 -2 shots with is great. thou again i have not used them sense 5th ed. i like the pistoleers more to tell you the truth, models are cool and i just really like the idea of having a crap load of pistols

well ok you can do the gun line which is i have found not that challenging to use. The Nuln list is not that bad, with the lift on limited number of characters and special slots you could go nuts....

say 6 engineers maybe a level 4 wizard with the lore of metal
3 Mortars
3 Cannons
2 of those Battery
2 Hellblasters
take a a crap load of handgunners and a general of the Empire with the 100 point item from the main book that allows to deploy a tower.. you could switch out say a cannon and maybe a hellblaster and take outriders

What is that you would like to do??? I found this edition has made the empire blocks more punch do to the 2 rank fighting and the horde rule. The Mortars got a huge boost. the fact that it uses the large template and all hits is kick ass. drop 2 or 3 on some ones unit and they will have the "some one just shit in my cereal" look

I have played with and against empire a great deal of time. i think one the coolest thing about them is you can do some much with them. There is alot of cool fluff with them and you can do some really kick ass themed lists or you can go raw power. Personally as you can see from my list i have themed it, if the empire ever got halflings back i would jump on it like mad. Mostly due to the fact that i own like 20 something of them and it fits averland. Also rules for the mad count would be nice. They made a great model but no updated rules.

by the way i if you have not noticed i can go on and on. But feel free to ask anything

Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:37 am

i am thinking out changing the lore of light guy for a lore of beast just for wildform. going to have to find a better name....grrr what do you guys think???
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 am

lore of beast FTW, lore of light no good at low lvl.

Your lvl 4 should take lore of life, it'd be fun Smile

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:14 am

where are you going to put all those hero choices if they can not be put into war machine units now?
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Master Engineers only need to be within 3" of a warmachine to benefit from a 2+ Look out Sir roll. They also only need to be within 3" of a warmachine to give it the reroll.

You put 1 Engineer inbetween 2 machines, that way he's able to service both, should one of them need a reroll (he's only allowed to reroll 1 per game).

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 pm

But where are going to put the 3 mages now that they can not be put into war machines your other 3 choice fit nicly into your block units but the mages I guess yoou got the crossbowmen and the hand gunners.

In last addition I would use my war machines with other armys to place the mages bolt thrower dark elf, catapult brits and so forth. Now that they can not join war machines it seems to be a little more challaging.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, "Look Out Sir!" would be a 4+ for an engineer.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:39 pm

The FAQ for Empire says it's "as if he was in a unit with greater then 5 models"

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:31 pm

No I understand the enginer look out sir but what about all the mages?

I am still trying how to fit my warplock enginers in units and still be usable
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Dan has that misquoted

"A Master Engineer within 3" of a war machine is allowed to take a ‘Look Out Sir!’ roll as if he was within 3" of a unit of five or more models."

Chris is correct - it would be a 4+ look out sir. A mounted steed MAY nulify that benefit (discrepancy between Master of Ballistics vs. Look Out Sir only for same troop type)
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Ok this is the problem I see with this we will say a look out sir "4" they then focus in on the enginer even when he gets his look out sir role now you are losing crew. where when the war machine is hit there is only a 20% of crew being hit most the time it is the higher toughness of the machine.

But my big question is what is everyone doing with the mages in the empire army's now that they can not be placed in war machine units. If they are in a gun line how big are you going to run it so you do not worry about the 25% panic test
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Yeah - on a 4 up, you can take your Engineer's wound on a WarMachine.

Put the mage in a cheap gunner unit.

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:36 pm

warmachine crew member.

The canon for some crazy reason doesn't have the balls to jump out there and take the hit for the enginer. Dam cannon always hidding behind everyone.

So as syou lose crew the warmachine shots less often
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 pm

i never put mages in war machines. The bright mage can go any where along side the Light/Amber (Light/Beast) but the Amethyst (Death) mage will more then likely go in the spears. The reason for this is that i went with some buffing lore along with damaging lores.

The idea is that i can use Cascading Fire-cloak on a unit of mine, now to to the kindle flame rule, i then cast flaming sword of rhuin on them. Now i just got a kick ass boost in close combat. That is with the Bright Mage. Now depending on what spells i get i place them accordingly. For example if i get Aspect of Dread Knight and the Purple Sun then he can stay behind a unit that is risk but what is a game with out a risk. I have also always like the idea of fighting wizards. Not hide behind others will they cast spells. One of the meany reasons why may chaos army is almost all wizards. This comes from a 5th Ed mind set that i have never have let up, back then battle wizard meant BATTLE WIZARD. In one games some ones bright mage in close combat royally fucked up one of black orc block.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Garry wrote: I am still trying how to fit my warplock enginers in units and still be usable

how are they armed, also you can have a crap load of warplock engineers??? I have one that is designed to support the unit in close combat, my jezzails have one in it to lend a hand should they be in danger
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down