The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting Ogre Kingdoms too! Advice please

+4
Hurricane
Garry
KingdomCome
jspyd3rx
8 posters

Go down

Starting Ogre Kingdoms too! Advice please Empty Starting Ogre Kingdoms too! Advice please

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Ok, daemons kinda expensive to start with. Still working on them but I can do Ogres now since it's cheaper. Two Battalion boxes and a few core boxes is easy and cheap for a 2.5k army. Now how does 18x bulls, 16x ironguts, a crap load of gnoblers, gorgers and a beefy tyrant sound. I know a few of you know these guys pretty well. This will be my learning army and can be complete real soon.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Starting Ogre Kingdoms too! Advice please Empty Re: Starting Ogre Kingdoms too! Advice please

Post by KingdomCome Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:55 pm

:Shameless Self Plug: https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com/free-trade-area-f10/swhfb-ogers-t3332.htm

Ogres beat face. The problem is getting to the opposition to beat said face. You have a ton of bodies which is good. You can try to line them up across the entire board and just rush the opposition. It'd make for some great "LOL's" until you face a warmachine line, but in all honesty most armies would find a warmachine line a bit difficult to deal with.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Starting Ogre Kingdoms too! Advice please Empty Re: Starting Ogre Kingdoms too! Advice please

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:02 pm

Gorgers I hope could deal with them, coming in from enemy's board edge. Would that be a viable tactic?
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:04 pm

Not to mention Gorgers are sweet looking models.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Use your gnobliers as screens with the bulls behind them. They will not cause panic for the bulls and if you keep them 6 inch apart from each other they will not scare each other when the run like bitches they are. You can run small units 10 to 15 to protect the Ogres getting across or larger units to tie up units and remove there steadfast, but make sure they are with in the 12 in or general. the scrap launcher is great with the killing blow..
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:51 pm

I didn't think you could block bigger models with smaller ones... because it's true line of sight now? Am i wrong??
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:00 pm

I think the idea is for your opponent to go after them rather than your ogres. As puny as they are, I think they can't be ignored.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:02 pm

If I am right true line of sight applys to terain not models. Ogres are not large targets so the gnoblers should block line of sight. But know I am wondering what is the right answer...
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:44 pm

I believe if you can see it you can draw line of sight and therefore target. But the ogres would receive hard cover
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Stephen is correct. Hard cover for shooting through any unit - even Gnoblers, which CAN usually be ignored.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by spazfrag666 Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:05 am

as long as you can get your bruisers and tyrants into cc your golden

spazfrag666
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 99
Armies : O&G,chaos dwarves,Ogre kingdoms
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:12 am

Figuring that out now. Learning how the first and second ranks can switch places before combat.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:18 am

cannons are your big worry along with a handful of nasty ass spells
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down