The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What army to start????

4 posters

Go down

What army to start???? Empty What army to start????

Post by Garry Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:11 pm

Ok I should start with I plan on finishing my Skaven army before I start my next but here is what I like in armys and what I do not like what do you suggest

I have WOC- like the hand comabat but lack range like the balance
Dark Elf-Like the range and army but have played for 5 years tierd of them and plan on selling them
Brits- Like them will keep playing them on and off but need to relay on calv. to much
Ogre- will build and paint them
Skaven - what can I say they rule building an army for each clan plan on well over 6k in models to field

Army's I will not play- High elf, Orc and Lizaard

So what is left in your eyes that would be fun to play looking at what I like from the other amry's I have owned or will not play I do like to theme my armys

Dwarfs look fun in the new rules and so does Empire
Wood elfs look like a challage
Tomb Kings? have they really fixed them love the models
Vampire counts love undead themes great back ground

What are your thoughts anything would help.....
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

What army to start???? Empty Re: What army to start????

Post by chef xenos Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:02 pm

whats wronhg with lizzys
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:37 pm

More a thing that I did not enjoy the painting of the 1K I had and sold. Other then that they played great.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:18 pm

I guess I would vote for empire. They have good fluff and unbeatble painting options. Meaning your army could have units painted differently and it would still look good. Their shooting phase is ,imho, unmatched in the old world. Assuming you build for it... It would also help the local gaming scene due to the distinct lack of another empire player. If I didn't have a tomb king army to build I'd try to build dwarves or empire myself.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:10 pm

IIRC Empire is a popular army at Tate's where Garry plays.

How about Beastmen. A minotaur horde would be both themed and effective IMO.

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:12 pm

I was thinking the same thing with Empire and Dwarfs up here in Broward we have about 4 dirrernt Dawarf players. I do not know of any empire players any more most have stoped playing. I am also very intrested in the fluff of Vampire counts but really do not like the lack of balance. Really would like to build a vampire army with the rules of the empire army. Hum that could be a great theme can the empire take lore of death?
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Dam now I will need to pull out my empire and vampire army books and look to see if there models can fit the roll of the empire army list. As far as crew for war machines that is easy but can the other figures fill in for the other unit chocies.

I need to finish this Skaven army not get side track dam my A.D.D. with this game. I just started converting rat ogres in to weapon teams for my moulder themed army list., Trying to build one for each faction... But dam the Vampire/empire army really makes me intrested.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:13 pm

A vamp empire army would be super sweet. You should finish the rats just to maintain discipline. A major conversion like vamp to empire would take time.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:06 pm

I know but there is so much back ground between the twoarmy books that I could really make an intresting army. Only units I can think of that will be a little bit a pain to convert is the Grave gaurd to great swords and also the hand gunners the rest is not that hard
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down