The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 'Ard Boyz Semi Finals

3 posters

Go down

2010 'Ard Boyz Semi Finals Empty 2010 'Ard Boyz Semi Finals

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Skul-n-Bonz is a nice store. Clean and with 10 full tables running plus spectators there was still space to move. New Port Richey on the other hand is a hell hole. The store is located between a bait and tackle shop and a gun range. The locals are creepy and it is certainly nowhere I'd want to spend the night.

The List
Knight Templar - General, Frozzick's Fortress
Lvl 4 Death Wizard - Power Scroll, 4+ Ward
Captain - BSB, Warhourse, Barding, Stubborn Banner
Lvl 2 Life Wizard - Seal of Distruction
4xEngineers - Blunderbuss
20/15/15 Handgunners - Marksmen with Pistols, Musicians
10 Knights - Rangers Banner
6 Cannons
3 Mortars
2 Rockets

Round 1 vs. Tom (Ogre Daddy) playing WoC
(2x5 Knights, 3 blocks of warriros, 1 block of chosen, 1 unit of hounds, Tz shrine, BSB on chariot)
I bunkered and got first turn where I was able to take out the BSB chariot and work on the blocks. After that the wall came forward and things got tight quickly. My break points are all tied up in my Knight unit and I had to get them out of dodge. I picked my spot in his line and made my charge into 5 Chaos Knights. Lead by my general I won combat by 4, but needing 6 and getting 6.... the Chaos Knights held. The warrior block countercharge took out my BSB and I broke in the bottom of round 2. Since we had minimal damage on both sides, I only took a minor loss.

Round 2 vs. Alex (Bonecrusher) playing VC
Did I mentioned these guys had league uniforms?!?!? My 2nd West Coast Choppas opponent!
(2 Lords, 3 Wights, 2 necros, 2 huge ghoul units, big grave guard, small skeleton unit, 2 vargulfs)
I start game 2 off ON FIRE. The first war machine shot takes out his general (missed the LoS!) with a mortar. I suck the other Vamp Lord dry with Fate of Bunja and cannon ball out 2 Vargulfs. I'm up @1100 when I make the crucial error of running the knights into the flank of the grave guard. I won huge and a bunch crumble, BUT I loose my general to a KB and unbreakable units are stubborn for combat reforms (DOH!). The horde turns to face me while the ghouls flank in and my custom serve up of the comeback is complete. The complete game ends in a Draw in his favor.

Round 3 vs. Ken playing HE
(Teclis and friends, swordmasters, white lions, seaguard, spearmen, and 4 eagles)
Finally a pitch battle where someone doesn't have a head start on my gun lines! Knowing we were out of contention made this go friendly. Ken used Shadow with Teclis and was taking out war machines with init test spells, but he did not know how to really leverage him and I got off a bit easy in a few rounds. Ken kept his lines wide and thin to minimize cannon damage, but mortars and rockets kept hitting home. Rocket Batteries vs. Elves are just evil. While I took heavy casulties, I was able to blast down every single pointy ear'd bastard on the board. Full point massacre to end the day on a high note!

It really does come down to matchups. I saw several armies with big fat point sinks I could have ruined with cannon fire, but I drew hordes all day. I didn't play my best but I met some cool folks and had a good time. Ya just can't beat a full day of games!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

2010 'Ard Boyz Semi Finals Empty Re: 2010 'Ard Boyz Semi Finals

Post by Hurricane Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Nice report and sounds like fun. Any dwarf players there?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:06 pm

No dwarves

Several Empire, several Teclis High Elves
Lizzies with Slann
Khorne Daemons
Skaven
couple of VC
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Did you play skul n bonez or the other place?
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Skul-n-Bonz was the only Florida location. It is in the town of New Port Richey. Nice store - bad neighborhood.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down