The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knight and the Death Gaurd

+3
rokassan
Hurricane
Michaelharmon
7 posters

Go down

Grey Knight and the Death Gaurd Empty Grey Knight and the Death Gaurd

Post by Michaelharmon Sun May 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Grey Knight and the Death Gaurd Argon1

https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172/harmon75/argon.jpg

Just thought I'd post my latest grey knight. Finishing basing the others now.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight and the Death Gaurd Empty Re: Grey Knight and the Death Gaurd

Post by Hurricane Sun May 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Nice work, love the dead plague marine! Isnt that right Bill?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun May 04, 2008 10:10 pm

Looks great, if they had Grey Knight heads there'd be one or six laying at the feet of my demon Prince.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun May 04, 2008 10:27 pm

He brother if they weren't so expensive I'd be hapy to chop one off and give it to ya as a prize. Anywya we really need to get a game on one of these years, I'm going to try and drop in to one of the stores this weekend. Possibly Joels since I haven't played there in awhile and I've got nothing against the place. Square is just closer to where I live. Anyway hit me back and hope I was close to your color scheme. Up close is pretty bad ass.

P.S. The Larger rock piece is actually a small piece of slate I found on the ground at the civil war battlefield of Manassas near the bridge at Bull Run. Picked up some interesting basing rocks from Gettysburg to I'll be using on some of my passes. My Flamer Grey knights heraldry is a homage to the confederate battle flag. he is together but I'm going to take pics after I finish basing up my other three guys.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun May 04, 2008 10:36 pm

Looks great. I use Goblin green mixed with burnt umber. Then drybrush with bleached bone. Ive got Gray knights, my friend gave them to me. I also have some unpainted. I like them just never got around to painting them.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Sun May 04, 2008 11:18 pm

dude that plague marine got rocked!

PS. Nice rocks and history about your basing technique, really gives the models life.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon May 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Hey thanks Max. Appreciate the comments. For my green though I didn't think of burnt umber as I don't have it so basically went with camo green followed by the Foundation gretchin green and then bleached bone all dry brushed for effect then used mithril silver at a 3/4 mith to 1/4 chaos black mix and dry brushed that on as well. Almost... almost had a tentacle scupleted coming out of the helmet but was confident about the look and didn't want mess up the base piece.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Mon May 05, 2008 5:51 pm

As always, your models looks AMAZING. i mean, like frikin a-maz-ing. Great work. are you professionally trained? self-taught?

and how did you get that silver tone? i am painting my word bearer army and i think i have the red down (sorta wine red, darkish) but i'm trying to get the chrome trim just right and the chrome on your model here looks pretty close to what i need so how did you make it?

and any tips on painting a Word Bearer army would be GREATLY appreciated. i am finding that i love the building, modeling and assembly quite a bit. i should have some pretty cool pieces with badass bits in short order. the prob is getting all the colors uniform and making the right mixes. thanks.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon May 05, 2008 8:50 pm

If your looking at the silvered Grey knight armor it's very basic. You simply start with the chaos black undercoat for your base and then I took straight bolt gun metal and dry brushed it one when there was almost nothing showing on the brush till I got an even layer with still some black recessling done in the natural pits of the mold. The I did the same thing with Mithril silver but did it much lighter to highlight the edges. Of course then I had to re-chaos black all the purity seals as well as the joint pieces where it looks more like a rubberized suit under the armor.

Mostly the lesson on this guy is you can't go wrong when you dry brush for a good layered effect that doesn't look overly gooped on. That being said I of course did a black ink wash over the fold to fill in some recesses where the gold got to thick and I also did a wash of ink blue on the body armor plates themselves while avoiding the gold trim.

Basically the scope of doing these guys right is what had me buy them in august and not finish them till now. I knew it was alot of work and I wanted them to look great.

As for training, I pretty much self taught everything and of course patience and looking at all the other kick ass paint jobs out there helped to inspire me to keep trying till I got better. Hell I did the chaos space marine head just because "Rokassan's" look that bvad ass and inspired me to give it a go.

This model of course looks much better up close due to the level of zoom on the display pic. I just now finished the other five marines up and will have my wife do a collage and post the pics tomorrow. Thanks for the intrest guys. I definatly live for the praise as it inspires me to do better.

PS. Apologize in advance for typos. I type fast and tend not to look at the screen all the time. PLus my key board letters are wearing off.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue May 06, 2008 1:01 am

As usual, Excellent work Mike.

Great to see ya on our board over here.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue May 06, 2008 9:19 am

It is good to see you on our board...post more, youve always got good shit to post.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Tue May 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Grey Knight and the Death Gaurd Grey1

Grey Knight and the Death Gaurd Grey

As per requests, and thanks guys for the luv, here are the rest of my terminators in all their glory.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Tue May 06, 2008 10:36 pm

WOW excellent grey Knights, they rock on the battle field too!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue May 06, 2008 11:04 pm

They'd look good laying at the feet of Prince William of the Wretched Bile.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue May 06, 2008 11:18 pm

Sooo sexy...

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down