The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40K RP questions.

5 posters

Go down

40K RP questions. Empty 40K RP questions.

Post by Srgt. Master Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Hey, I need help with afew things before I start GM'ing for my friends, and I could use these clarifications in the future as well, so please help me out study

1) what does the intellegence bonus work for?

2)you can attampt to use a gun as an improvised (Unwieldy) weapon in order to parry?

3) If you do a Full Auto Attack with a heavy stubber, and one of the hits gets Rightous Fury, do you make a new Full Auto attack or just one additional hit(without the full Auto bonus hits? (Important, because my Tech priest can get BS 100 in close range with Logic implant and full auto or 120 in point blank with logis implant ( Razz ))

4) Would it be feasable to attempt to aquire the 'power field' upgrade to a mono-weapon at -40/-50 aquisition test and a -30/-40 Tech-Use test for whomever attempts to install the upgrade?
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 166
Armies : Adeptus Mechanichus/ Guard
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

40K RP questions. Empty Re: 40K RP questions.

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 pm

protip: don't use a GMPC
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:30 am

Srgt Master wrote:Hey, I need help with afew things before I start GM'ing for my friends, and I could use these clarifications in the future as well, so please help me out study

3) If you do a Full Auto Attack with a heavy stubber, and one of the hits gets Rightous Fury, do you make a new Full Auto attack or just one additional hit(without the full Auto bonus hits? (Important, because my Tech priest can get BS 100 in close range with Logic implant and full auto or 120 in point blank with logis implant ( Razz ))

You make a second BS test to confirm the righteous fury on the hit he scored, (much like if you played d20 - you confirm a possible crit on a 20/19-20/18-20, or whatever the crit range on your weapon is) then that die 'explodes', allowing you to re-roll it, adding it's result to the previous 10, and any further 10's on that die are rerolled.

Also: Remember, after you apply all bonuses and penalties, the maximum deficit or bonus you can take to a test is a +/- 30. So, if you got a +50 through, lets say... Point black, red dot sight on a weapon w/ single shot, and aiming and no penalties are incurred... you add a +30 to your BS to make a roll to hit. The extra bonus is really just a buffer to help you overcome overwhelming negative modifiers (poor visibility, shooting into a combat, called shots, trying to fire a heavier weapon without bracing it, etc.)

Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:59 pm

@ EG: I'm not planning to play an GMPC, it's just to use him as an example to help keep thier interest up while I teach them the basics of round-based combat as well as space combat before we begin the actual event. He'll split his own way before the start.

@Autarch:It says in the book (have it open right now) the max modifier on any test was +/-60, and yes, the situation would be under no negatives (aka: theoretical.) I also noticed I would actually have to take off the Logis Implant bonus because then I would lose aim bonus.

Thanks for the clearification, I must really be burning out faster than I thought, I just [also] noticed that line in the book... Embarassed
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:15 pm

Srgt Master wrote:@ EG+/-60,

Ahh, whoops. I was being terribly stringent in my memory of the rules. Haha.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:41 pm

That actually sounds fairly interesting...
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:14 pm

It's halarious...if I could find a best-crafted boltgun/autogun with red dot sight, close range,full-auto burst, and Full Aim action

BS 120 with out risk of jamming! Razz

now if I invested in the +20 Characteristic advancement I could boost it up to BS 140... Twisted Evil
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:57 pm

are you going to run this game at sunshine or is this a home campaign?
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm running it as a home campaign, I don't have enough (read: any) GM Rating to host any larger groups/more fluff-experianced groups. XP

I'm also half-doing it in order to potentially interest my friends into 40K or at least the RP portion of it. So Far, they seem into it...although the Arch-Militant really dislikes Commander Chenkov and his Wave Tactics.

In all honesty, if I could run it in Sunshine, I would, but sadly they don't know the store (Surprise! [saracasm +60]) so I can't really force it on them to find the store.
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Thats cool, Good luck bringing your friends into the 40k universe.

Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Well, so far its been a success...

First off, the Arch-Militant (Kuro) managed to fish up a best-crafted Bolter out of thin air (modified 16 PF, rolled a 10:shock: ) even though both the Rouge Trader and Seneschal failed at thier jobs, racking up a total of -4 degrees of failiure between them when trying to modify thier initial profit-margin (as a test run...)

Second, in the botched ambush, Lady Ash Got daemon-raped by furies and two of the three (...shoulda gon harder on them but oh well) gunmen got 10+ criticaled, with the third being arrested when the Arbites appeared, first one to a full-auto of bolter rounds (with one instance of Rightous Fury)
and the other died when the RT cut his leg off with a 13 Critical damage overkill attack... pale

Finally, the filled up thier cargohold with crates upon crates of books in order to successfully hide the illegal texts for the master-mapmaker's endeavor. (Ironiclly, the Arch-Militant, after getting out of Jail, intimidated afew lesser merchants to 'realocate' thier book shipments headed to Footfall.)

Overall, it was pretty good, even though I have to make sure to go abit slower, for they all but reached the end of Part One in the course of 3-4 hours. I also can't underestimate them again, they may not understand the universe of 40K, but they can sure as hell put what they have learned to use, surpriseing me with an actual strategy out of thin air once the ambush started (Astropath telepathicly crushes one-two targets, while RT rushes forward under close support from Arch-Militant and the Senchal). I do need to find a way of secretly rolling though, I kind of gave out the ambush while testing Paranoia against the gunman's appearance.
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down