The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newbie here - few questions

3 posters

Go down

newbie here - few questions Empty newbie here - few questions

Post by Plague30 Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:45 pm

hey guys - i've recently decided that i'm gonna get into 40K b/c i've always been fascinated with the models and the storyline, histories and the creativity in painting and modeling. so over the past couple weeks i have been acquiring painting stuff and going to the store. and buying crap online. anyway, long story short, i have a ton of supplies and tools to paint and sculpt and model and make 3-D even who knows b/c i really am fascinated with creatively painting an army and making it look badass. i know i need practice but i think i can do a decent job. currently reading a couple books on it. we'll see. anyway, i came by the store the other night and met a few of u guys (Luis, Bill and others) and i have bought the rule books and am reading.

so this weekend i am practicing painting on 3 SM models from that painting starter set. I hope to figure out a paint scheme for my Chaos Space Marines. Do you guys know of any websites that list a ton of schemes so i can guide myself off one or should i just say screw it and make my own? Any sites with tons of pics of painted chaos models? i really have no idea what i'm doing but i do have experience painting with oils on canvas and model building. i know i am pretty anal and won't start playing w/ my army until it is fully painted but i am told that is a common story. we'll see. i have been looking at pics of some of your models and they look pretty cool.

anyway, looking forward to learning this game and eventually unleashing the power of the warp upon all of your faces....

hehe
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

newbie here - few questions Empty Re: newbie here - few questions

Post by rokassan Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:58 pm

We're on the same side here(Plague Marines). You can always get an idea of the color scheme youd like and post here. Many of us are above average painters and some are even better. We can give you tips or instructions as to how to achieve that scheme. The GW site has some scheme's or just run a web search...for example Khorne Berserker paint scheme. I had my friend Javier teach me how to paint and figure out my paint scheme for my Deathguard.

Do you want to do an undivided Chaos Legion or one of the four cult Legions? Also do you want to make a first founding traitor Legion or make up your own?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Rokassan wrote:We're on the same side here(Plague Marines). You can always get an idea of the color scheme youd like and post here. Many of us are above average painters and some are even better. We can give you tips or instructions as to how to achieve that scheme. The GW site has some scheme's or just run a web search...for example Khorne Berserker paint scheme. I had my friend Javier teach me how to paint and figure out my paint scheme for my Deathguard.

Do you want to do an undivided Chaos Legion or one of the four cult Legions? Also do you want to make a first founding traitor Legion or make up your own?

Well there's another wrinkle. I have read a little on the 4 Gods and I do like Slaanesh's story. Also like tzeech's powers. was thinking of getting a mixed melee/ranged army w/ 1 defiler. i do not know if there is an advantage to doing the whole army devoted to 1 god or different units worshipping different gods. i think there may be an advantage later. haven't decided whether to do a first founding or my own. will probably make my own unless i find something that really grabs me. i do like word bearers a ton b/c of their religious bent. and their scheme is not that tough to paint for a noobie (i hope). they are red with chrome trim. not crazy about the red though. anyway, this is all still in the very early phases for me but i would love to be able to look to u and Javi for guidance. and has Javi posted any pics of his models? thanks.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:16 pm

I play a Worldeaters army, Defilers aren't that great anymore.

LOL that avatar is OWNAGE!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:20 pm

once they release the specific books there will be a benefit. As I had said at the store in the previous codex with a force dedicated to a specific god you gained access to demonic gifts for your vehicles, Sergeants and Lords. You also gained access to god specific demon weapons and equipment. They did away with that in the new codex, but have realized it was a mistake. So eventually there will be Legion specific codices.
In the previous codex all of the original Traitor Legions had special rules. For example the Word Bearers could summon any demon and also have Dark Apostles who were equipted with a cursed crozius which was a power weapon and gave him a 4+ inv. save. Also the Dark Apostle would shout dark prayers urging his troops on allowing for troops within...I believe 12 inches become fearless or something like that. As of now this is all gone ,but it should be back in the next year or more with the release of the codices.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down