The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

monday 12 noon.

5 posters

Go down

monday 12 noon. Empty monday 12 noon.

Post by rokassan Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Julian and I are gonna slug it out...Brits vs. Brats (LW). I've started working on a LW Hungarian Tank company. So far I've got 3 Panthers and 3 Turan II tanks...and 2 Hetzers.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

monday 12 noon. Empty Re: monday 12 noon.

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 am

Oh boy I'm jealous. I was supposed to play with Julian for the past two weeks but crap kept happening and I haven't been able to make it out. Good luck and watch out for that Damn elite infantry he runs.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:44 pm

Got my ass handed to me. 2+ to hit in assaults is devastating. A Brummbar Platoon would have helped me(Bunker Buster) as would have more artillery. Getting assaulted by 7+ guys hitting on 2+ doesnt leave much to counter attack with. He used his artillery well, pinning my platoons at the right moment for the assault. I didnt need the 2 Jagdpanthers or 4 Pnz. IV's. I wont be so unprepared next time.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 am

Sounds like you are a bit rusty!! LOL
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:15 am

Your list sounds balanced ( I spoke to Julian). Don't feel bad about it. Did you use your pz4s as pill boxes? Did you try to push your jagdpanthers into his arty? There are little things you can do with the pieces you feel you shouldn't have had. His list and mine are Damn near mirror matches so I know how frustrating they can be.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:22 am

What company was that?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:29 am

For Julian? Orne commandos.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Thought my Artillery wasn't that good, but they did the job when I needed to pin his infantry. The planes are a bit iffy as well.

Jagdpanthers killed 2 art guns, but got smoked and assaulted. Pzr 4's did more damage, Killing my 6pdrs quick. Jags should be great against any tank, but I made the list to have no easy targets for German tanks.

My heavy MG have yet to take a shot in any game. Twice I've finally gotten them into position and they get killed. Time to drop?

I'm thinking of making some changes soon, but the list keeps working. The biggest problem with commandos is the lack of variety in their support. I think paratroopers will be next.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 294
Armies : British, German & Soviet armies
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:04 pm

So what was the score 5-2??
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:35 am

I lost a platoon of 6 pdrs and a machine gun platoon.

4-3 I think. I can't seem to get through a game without losing at least 2 platoons, so I can't get better than a 4-3. Plus, my games are rarely short, so I would never do any good at a large tournament. I probably need to be a bit more cautious with the vulnerable platoons.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:04 pm

machine gun platoons are tough for an assault oriented force like yours. Being forced to move them ever is always a problem I have found, and that is usually why I no longer field any, even though I've seen how nasty they can be.

Mortars might be a better substitute, for the extra smoke/pinning possibilities.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:55 am

Flamethrower halftracks and Brummbars seem to be obvious counters to Julians force. Close assault is out of the question, unless you do the assaulting and are able to inflict heavy losses in the first round. The Flamethrower Halftracks get 6 shot a piece( 3+ skill check and no saves what so ever) and Brummbars have the bunker buster rule...Julian was piling his guys into buildings for cover. A Brummbar Platoon would have been devastating and go figure I was seriously considering fielding a full platoon of 4 and chose the Jagdpanthers instead...I figured Churchills would be prowling the battlefield.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Maybe a bit more recon on Thursday's would of helped. Wink

So, now everybody I play is going to show up with flamers and bunker busters. Maybe I'll show up with an SS tiger company. I think I have one in my trunk right now.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:15 pm

You know me better than that Julian..... I'll just start making stands disappear little by little....
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:14 pm

I'm totally distracted from work thinking about FOW.

Flamers would have some issues getting close enough without getting assaulted. I need to check the book, but I think they have some other negatives.

Brummbars are slow and don't have the range of the big cats. They would be a good target for planes and limited against infantry in foxholes.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:21 am

Brummbars are great for dealing with dug in troops...Firepower 1+.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down