The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sunday, March 28th @ 12 noon

+8
bayard_nbk
The Eldar Guy
Vycem
ShadowMaster
scurrdi
Diosamblet
luis the young
MRonan
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sunday, March 28th @ 12 noon Empty Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sunday, March 28th @ 12 noon

Post by MRonan Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:24 pm

Ok, so as Dan mentioned in the post for the previous tournament post, I'll be running the next couple of tournaments.

I do apologize for the lateness of this post. I also would like to apologize again to those of you who participated in the last tournament for the rough way in which it was run, and for my uncalled-for, loud dwarfish outburst.

The tournament will be on March 28th, Sunday, starting @ 12 Noon sharp(Assuming Joel isn't late this time). In consideration of some of our normal participants, I will be strict when it comes to timing. This way it can be ensured that by starting on time, all those participating won't have to worry about the tournament running late.

!!! Update: At the moment, I am currently working on a couple of game scenarios for the tournament. The caveat is that I will only employ these if I had time to thoroughly work them out and test them. And for those of you that were at the last tournament, these special rules/etc, will be much easier to use.

Also, since I only recently signed up for the forums, I do not yet know all of your usernames in relation to who you are.

For the tournament:
Number of Rounds: 3
Point Size: 2250
Army Restrictions: None
Kislev, Dogs of War, and Chaos Dwarves ARE allowed.

There will be no sportsmanship scoring or paint scoring, etc etc. You will only be scored on the results of each round.

1. Luis
2. Dan
3. Shadowmaster
4. Diosamblet
5. Chris
6. Neal - maybe
7. Endre - maybe
8. Juan
9. Ovich - maybe

Last edited by MRonan on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:40 pm; edited 7 times in total

MRonan
Slave

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sunday, March 28th @ 12 noon Empty Re: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sunday, March 28th @ 12 noon

Post by luis the young Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:00 am

Cool, sign me up.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sunday, March 28th @ 12 noon Empty Re: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sunday, March 28th @ 12 noon

Post by Diosamblet Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:07 am

sweet, last tournament before I fly to Japan! Sign me up!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:36 am

I hope to make it. I'm not sure yet as I may have to miss the first round (if that allows me to still compete) as my parents may have set up a lunch date with a visiting relative.

I will see what I can do!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:07 pm

IN
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:15 pm

I'd like to add a note here that as a players group I think we should be supportive of whatever creativity Mike (or any tourney organizer) uses in the game scenarios.

I was hit as hard as anyone by those some of those weather based rules, but it made for fun and interesting games.

Nothing wrong with commenting in a joking way about how they f'ed you up - but let's not bitch and moan. Creating interesting or different scenarios is one of the few fun things about being the tourney organizer. Let's support their efforts.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Im just happy someone is taking up the torch and organizing this things, most of us are to damn lazy to do it. Props to the tourney organizers !! keep up the good work !!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Oh, I LOVE the whole scenario bit. In fact, one of the things I really don't like about fantasy is that there's only ONE official scenario to play over and over!

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:21 pm

I agree with Endre. Scenarios are a welcome addition. One suggestion though: make the last round a simple pitched battle. I think most players are too tired by the time they reach the last game to care for any additional rules, and would rather play a simple standard game.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Sign me up. Wish I could have made it to the last game. Neutral
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 am

Sign me up as a VERY STRONG maybe! I plan to spend this weekend painting... though hopefully I'll get a practice game in before then!

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bayard_nbk Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:36 am

Put me down as a maybe! I want to attend but will not ask off any more time for work, so we will see if fate has me work or play.

-Neal

bayard_nbk
Slave

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Alright! One week to go for this bad boy! I called Tom and left him a message about it, and I will also call Brandon (plays skaven) to tell him to check it out!

Lets make Matt's send off a big one, eh?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 pm

sign me up as a maybe.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Death_Company_Orks Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:40 am

sign me up also
Death_Company_Orks
Death_Company_Orks
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 219
Armies : Blood Angels, and Death Company Orks. (Fantasy) Dwarfs
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:25 am

Spoke with Brandon. He's got a new job which works weekends, so he's out.

Called Tom and also mentioned it to him. He will see if he's off, but he's doubtful.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Sorry fellas, my wife has to go to a brunch on Sunday, so I won't be able to come down to the store until 2 pm or so.

I guess I'll just be coming to watch.. and to see Matt off in his last piece of action.

Matt , I'll be free tomorrow night if you your interested. You can test out whatever army you want to bring with you to the tourney.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Hey man, I can't on Friday because I have a farewell party at 6, unless I can go to your place after the party and crash.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:42 am

Me, Nate, Fred, and Mike Ronan will be over at Joel's tonight around 5ish if anyone's interested.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by bayardnbk Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:22 pm

I will be attending tomorrow!

bayardnbk
Cultist

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by xxbloodfirexx Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:12 pm

I know this is short notice, however I would like to sign up if it is not to late

xxbloodfirexx
Neophyte

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:26 pm

So what was the outcome of this tourney?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Tzeentch Daemons over Khorne Daemons for a minor win.

I guess it came down to me having more experience with DoC. I knew what matchups I wanted while Rob seemed unsure. I took advantage of his hesitation to do some damage, cleared some space, and played keep away.

If Rob is had gotten his BT into the Fateweaver he would have won easy. I knew this - he didn't. Now he does. Next time I doubt I win this matchup.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Some damn noob got 2nd place with High Elves. I don't understand how such a scrub did so well, must've been loaded dice.

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Must have been the free paint score points because that army was simply awesome looking! pirat
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next