The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Orc Stuff. Up for Pre-Order!

+8
Dice_Runt
The Eldar Guy
Quincilla767
luis the young
Kyle
Beornegar Granitebrow
ShadowMaster
jspyd3rx
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Orc Stuff. Up for Pre-Order! - Page 2 Empty Re: New Orc Stuff. Up for Pre-Order!

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:50 pm

There are only those 8 magic items. Mad
I only had 2 O&G magic items in my list (Morks Spirit Totem, Martog's Best Basha), and they changed/removed both.

The new Mork's is cool, but costs too much. Once revealed, your opponent will just cast around it.

Bad Moon Banner looks good. Using that and the Crown of Command you can have 2 stubborn units.

Animosity will hurt if your not close to combat (nothing to charge). Turn 1 animosity could be brutal.

The changes to calling the WHAAA and the Big WHAAA spell (no more movement) are tough losses. However, the new lores both have some nice spells. Should be fun.... though, no word on a new miscast table yet. They may have moved to the regular one.

Another note - I got good word you can still run 3 wolf chariots and extra gobo crew.

Overall, I don't think I'll need to change my plans much. I may need a Skarsnik model and another NG Shammy.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

New Orc Stuff. Up for Pre-Order! - Page 2 Empty Re: New Orc Stuff. Up for Pre-Order!

Post by luis the young Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:22 am

It looks like my all gobbo army will still work, and even better now.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:10 am

I'm thinking of dropping my orcs and running with Skarsnik and some gobo shammys. I think I like the little whaaa better now.

If anything - I may just add in a few vanilla BO heros to squelch annimosity in my mage units
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:31 pm

So how are Black Orcs? I got tons of the stupid thing because I made that silly Storm of Choas list that let you use multiple groups of them and it wasn't all that effective for the cost.

Should I just run them in a large block of pwn or are they still a waste of points?
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Black Orcs gained Immune To Psychology and they cost 1 point less.

With the new Choppa rules, they can be S7 in the first turn of combat and with that you can kill just about anything.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 am

looking forward to painting the big spider and straight to Ebay to cash on flavor of the month.
aosol
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:20 am

Are cavalry a lot cheaper? I didn't even look at it while at joels!!! wtf
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:10 pm

Now that the books been broken down I feel much better. I glanced at the book and didnt see much difference. I do now.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:54 am

Cheap infantry + Cheap artillery + 8th edition = winning army.

Orcs should be fine. Of course there's going to be some asshole fielding 2 Giant spinders or however many you can get because they're going to be ownage, like the hellpit.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:58 am

Only in really big games. They are super expensive:(
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Ovich wrote:Cheap infantry + Cheap artillery + 8th edition = winning army.

Orcs should be fine. Of course there's going to be some asshole fielding 2 Giant spinders or however many you can get because they're going to be ownage, like the hellpit.

O&G still have a heavy amount of random and luck factored into their rules. So many potentially easy win situations go wrong due to kookiness.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Which is the appeal of the Orc's.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:36 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:You really think that they are going to nerf greenskins? This book better smash skaven and teclis in one blow. Probably why it's hard cover now. If you start losing, waaagh and throw book at opposing army.

lol
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:37 pm

I have played a game with it against andrew. The book it alot of fun. The whole unit of Wolf Chariots is nice!!!!! it says you can field them in a unit up to 3!!!! (D6 impacts each bitches)
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Ovich wrote:Cheap infantry + Cheap artillery + 8th edition = winning army.

Thats MR. asshole to you sir.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:41 pm

they are 290 points base before upgrades...for the shaman its around 550....so yea
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2