The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second go at fantasy, help plse

+5
chef xenos
ShadowMaster
Dice_Runt
luis the young
jspyd3rx
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Second go at fantasy, help plse - Page 2 Empty Re: Second go at fantasy, help plse

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:53 pm

I Aracnoasskicker looks wild - plus it seems the rules are designed to sell a ton of them. Loremaster for you mage is great. Channeling bonus is great. 8 wounds is rediculous.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Second go at fantasy, help plse - Page 2 Empty Re: Second go at fantasy, help plse

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:15 am

Will go in Tuesday morning to look at the book at joel's. Maybe you guys can helpmbuild a list to go ahead and start building.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:08 am

I'd say Savage Boyz are the way to go.
3 attacks each with an extra choppa and a 6+ ward
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Not to mention those models look great.

But aren't they frenzied?

Love the theme that you are working on tho
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:15 pm

They are frenzied, but with an Black Orc Lord and BSB, you get a rerollable 9 to control yourself.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Does anyone have a link to the sample army lists for orcs? Can't find the section.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:08 pm

I think you have to wait for the book to get accurate point values... meaning no lists for a little bit.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:20 pm

The book comes in the black box. Joel told he should have it by now. Really the one thing I would love to field that's available now is the river trolls. So I ordered two boxes. Also, some goblin riders. I imagine the rest to be filled out by savage boar boys and savage orcs. Oh yea, and giant freaking spiders. Savages, goblins and spiders, oh my.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Those trolls are indeed sweet. How many do you want to field? And B) is your brother painting any new stuff?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:55 pm

He is still painting and assembling his skaven. I have to pick up an HPA for him though.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:41 pm

Boar Boyz are also a nice option. S5 on the charge with the new Choppa Spearz.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:38 pm

just remember orcs dont work the same way as orks
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:14 am

jspyd3rx wrote:The book comes in the black box. Joel told he should have it by now. Really the one thing I would love to field that's available now is the river trolls. So I ordered two boxes. Also, some goblin riders. I imagine the rest to be filled out by savage boar boys and savage orcs. Oh yea, and giant freaking spiders. Savages, goblins and spiders, oh my.

if you want to have a more solid army field Black Orcs
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 am

The casting value is like 22 ? or something? So you would still need to roll like 5 or 6 dispel dice to make it go away.

BTW that company makes some awesome looking shit.. Did you guys see that Rat Ogre looking thing wielding the Halberd. That's cool as shit. Be great for a Vermin Lord, even though no one ever uses them.

BTW JSPYD3RX., the only people who are going to reinforce the rule about GW models is if you go to the second round of ARd boyz, or maybe if we have a rouge trader tournament which I don't think we've ever had. For casual play or even regular tournaments at Joel's no one is going to bother you about that shit. I don't know about Tates.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Nobody will complain at Tate's either.

I'd only worry if you planned to go to a serious RTT. Even round 2 of 'Ard Boyz I saw plenty of conversions and stuff and nobody said anything.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Well, finally decided to re-fill out the daemons I have. Somewhat familiar with them and I really like the models. After learning the game better, will try Orcs. That book is filled with great options and a lot of them. Starting Orcs seems to have the potential of wasting too much money as seeing specials and rares seem packed with options.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 pm

I just swapped 8 Iron Guts (came with a Chaos lot) for 40 'letters!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2